PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Experts pl. help… approved but outside US and AP expiring too…

highskies26
09-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Guys,

I just got my approval (Mar 06, TSC), finally! The key issue that I am facing is that I am not in US at the moment and it is very difficult for me to return immediately.

1. Is it okay that I come back after a month or so?

2. Secondly, my AP is expiring later this month though I have H1B stamped till next year. The issue is that earlier this year I had used AP to enter US in spite of the fact that I had a valid H1B. DOES this invalidate my H1B visa? Can I use the H1B visa to enter US after my AP expires???

Is there anything else I can do such as getting the cards fedexed to me and use them to enter US?

Experts pl. advise…

Thanks a lot.

sbmallik
09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Please note that an I-485 approval invalidates the H-1B visa.

I would travel to the US before Advanced Parole expiry to obtain the GC and return. I am not sure of any exceptions - please post the question in 'Ask a Lawyer' section ASAP.

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
09-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Please note that an I-485 approval invalidates the H-1B visa.

I would travel to the US before Advanced Parole expiry to obtain the GC and return. I am not sure of any exceptions - please post the question in 'Ask a Lawyer' section ASAP.

I second what sbmallik has said. Your records will be at the POE, you cannot come back on H1-B. Come back before AP expires or you might be in trouble.

Consult a lawyer....