PDA

View Full Version : Need Parole stamp on I-94

aniraj
09-04-2010, 09:06 PM
My daughter needs Parole Stamp on her I-94 for becoming eligible non citizen for Univ scholarship/FAFSA application.
Is it possible to get that by going to Canada & re entering?
I read somewhere (& I must say I am not sure & confident about it) that they do not stamp it if you are returning to US within 30 days of your travel from US.
Any experiences??

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
09-04-2010, 09:47 PM
My daughter needs Parole Stamp on her I-94 for becoming eligible non citizen for Univ scholarship/FAFSA application.
I read somewhere (& I must say I am not sure & confident about it) that they do not stamp it if you are returning to US within 30 days of your travel from US.
Any experiences??

Go to your POE (Port of entry - airport of your area) they will stamp it for you.

aniraj
09-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Does it mean she need not have to travel out of country & re enter on Parole?
Can she just take the I-131 document & get it samped at the POE airport?

boom
09-05-2010, 09:14 AM
We did the same thing.Took Visa for Canada in Detroit.Crossed the border through Windsor Tunnel.After 25 min returned back through tunnel and at the POE we told that we need to go for Secondry inspection for getting the Parolle stamped in I-94.They stamped the I-94

Hope this helps

teachamerica07
09-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Go to your POE (Port of entry - airport of your area) they will stamp it for you.

Have you done it without leaving the country ? Where did you go ?

teachamerica07
09-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Any experiences??

We went to Canada for 3 days by bus and got parole stamp for one year at Niagara POE . You will have to apply for Canadian tourist visa .

minimalist
09-10-2010, 10:01 AM
With VA governor suspending EAD as valid proof, I guess one option would be to get the I-94 stamped. I would appreciate if you can describe in detail the process, like what numbers to call, how to get an appointment/address.

Update:
I called deferred inspection at Dulles airport and was informed that they cannot extend I94 unless I travel out and comeback in.

aniraj
09-13-2010, 12:41 PM
I know this may not be an appropriate question at this Forum but since it is related to getting the I-94 stamped by travelling to Canada I thought I would post it here to get some clues from some experienced guys
Do you require an invitation for getting a Canadian Tourist visa?
Also what reason you tell the Canadian Immigration officer for the tourist visa?