PDA

View Full Version : Left my job and the US 11 months ago, now approved

davestar
09-04-2010, 05:48 AM
Hello,
Last November I quit my job in the US and left the country as well. Two days ago, I received an email saying my 485 is approved, and card production was ordered. The card will go to an address in the US where someone can forward me the mail.
What should I do? Try to enter the U.S. with the card? What to say to POE officials? WIll I be questioned?
Thanks.

chanduv23
09-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Hello,
Last November I quit my job in the US and left the country as well. Two days ago, I received an email saying my 485 is approved, and card production was ordered. The card will go to an address in the US where someone can forward me the mail.
What should I do? Try to enter the U.S. with the card? What to say to POE officials? WIll I be questioned?
Thanks.

Once you get your green card, you are supposed to go work for the company who applied for your green card or work in a same or similar job. So it is good to have a job offer in hand. Talk to an Attorney on what are the potential questions at POE as you have been out of the country for a long time.

thomachan72
09-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Hello,
Thanks.
Did you leave the country on your own will or were you let go by the employer? Just curious. Hope things work out.

Amitdon
09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I read some where, you should be physically in country when you get card. Not sure you will be able to enter or not ?

I would suggest contact attorney.

spicy_guy
09-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Hello,
Thanks.

If you have AP you will be able to enter into the country without any issues / questions.

GCNeophyte
09-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Hello,
Thanks.

I know one case who is very similar to your scenario. during POE they had to hear 5 mins of lecture from officer (rules of GC, like you need to stay here in US or other wise you would loose your GC blah blah blah) other than that they didn't face any issues entering with New GC. do your home work and good luck.

weddell
09-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Depending on where you were located in the US, it might be a good idea to enter the country coming from a neighboring country (Canada, Mexico) with your green card in hand.
In any case dont travel with too many luggages ...

Let us know how it went.

Good luck !

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
09-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Hello,
Thanks.

Here is the scenario
When you left the country you must have handed your I-94 to the staff. This information
will be in the system, when you arrive here on GC they may let you in without any problem or can question you how you are approved while being out of country.

AOS(adjustment of status) means that you are adjusting from H1-B or whichever visa you have to permanent residency. For this adjustment you have to be in the country.
If you had opted for conseller processing than things would have been different.
You applied to Adjust within the US. here is where the issue is....

Consult a good attorney before taking a step, because in the long run when you apply for your citizenship they may refuse it and send you back.

regacct
09-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Hello,
Thanks.

Do you have a valid AP?
If not, how is it possible to enter the country?

thomachan72
09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Do you have a valid AP?
If not, how is it possible to enter the country?

It seems to be a complicated situation. What status are you in now? Dont you have an AP/EAD? Is it expired? Please provide more details here and also if you obtain any legal advice post that here also so that others know.