PDA

View Full Version : Motion to open I-485

rsanghvi
08-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Hi,

My PD is 2005 and my I-485 was denied on the ground of my birth certificate and I got more proof from where I was born and submitted to USCIS and it was accepted in August 2009 and since then it has been more than a year and there is no update in the online status update for my I-485 application.
Lot of my friends from Late 2005 and early 2006 got the GC's last couple of months. I have requested my Lawyer to make a AILA inquiry? What else can I do at this point?

gk_2000
08-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Hi,

My PD is 2005 and my I-485 was denied on the ground of my birth certificate and I got more proof from where I was born and submitted to USCIS and it was accepted in August 2009 and since then it has been more than a year and there is no update in the online status update for my I-485 application.
Lot of my friends from Late 2005 and early 2006 got the GC's last couple of months. I have requested my Lawyer to make a AILA inquiry? What else can I do at this point?

Beats me why anyone would fake indian birth certificate, when they can choose any small unknown country

GCHope2011
08-25-2010, 04:58 AM
Hi,

Please provide more information -
- What proof of birth did you submit along with the original application?
- You must have received a RFE last year for Birth Certificate. What did the RFE ask for?
- What did you submit in response?
- Did they issue a NOID (Notice Of Intent to Deny) first?
- What does the 485 denial state about proof of birth?

rsanghvi
08-25-2010, 09:02 AM
1) I have never had a birth certificate.
2) Our lawyer asked us to send the Affidavits initially when applying for I-485. he said that should be fine.
3) I don't think I received an RFE for birth certificate asking for more information, may be I did and our lawyer never shared with us that is part that is most frustrating that I could never have a dialogue with him. Fearing my case.
4) Intent to Deny, he never told anything about this.
5) The good thing is after paying a big lawyer fee, our case was opened and we received a letter from USCIS that your I-485 is opened and back in process.

prince_charming
08-25-2010, 12:31 PM
1) I have never had a birth certificate.
2) Our lawyer asked us to send the Affidavits initially when applying for I-485. he said that should be fine.
3) I don't think I received an RFE for birth certificate asking for more information, may be I did and our lawyer never shared with us that is part that is most frustrating that I could never have a dialogue with him. Fearing my case.
4) Intent to Deny, he never told anything about this.
5) The good thing is after paying a big lawyer fee, our case was opened and we received a letter from USCIS that your I-485 is opened and back in process.

rsanghvi... my was denied in 2009 as well and got MTR approved but I-485 status still shows denied although i renewed my AP, EAD so i think they don't update online or something.