PDA

View Full Version : Can H1 with EAD work in Canada?

milmuk
08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Hello experts,

I work for a small company,which is holding my H1.Through this employer,
I got a job confirmation from a canadian company,but due to my leagal status, the Canadian company is not willing to give me an offer.

They mentioned that H1 with EAD is a complex scenario for the canadian work visa processing.Is there any other option to work in Canada?

My details are as follows:

My details :
H1 - six year completion in Oct 2010.No H1 stamping on passport
EAD - valid upto Oct 2010. Applied for renewal in Aug 2010.
AP - valid till Dec 2010

Even though I had EAD, I never used it for employment.
I returned to US last month.I used AP at poe since I didn't have project.

Please advice.

Thanks

furiouspride
08-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Ok you have an H1 with an employer and you got another job offer in a different company through this employer? How is this possible?

milmuk
08-24-2010, 10:25 PM
This is a contract position to work in canada.This is normally through couple of vendors.

My employer is a small consulting company,which don't have own projects.So they pay only when I get project with other consultancies companies and bill through them.

bigboy007
08-24-2010, 11:45 PM
This is a contract position to work in canada.This is normally through couple of vendors.

My employer is a small consulting company,which don't have own projects.So they pay only when I get project with other consultancies companies and bill through them.
You get work visa in canada then you need to be paid in canada..Work visa in canada has nothing to do with that of US status.

If you are getting paid in usa ( it seems like) and planning on working in canada on visitor visa its not legal. This might be the reason.

Your status in US has nothing to do with Working/Visiting/studying in Canada.

If you have used AP you "Probably" not on H1 any more.. there are some contradicting statements of IV members on this before. But I have seen USCIS sending a notice for one of my friend where in which he was advised to use AP ( as he is considered being on AOS eventhough he has H1) in future.