PDA

View Full Version : Walkin for fingerprinting

a2k2
08-23-2010, 05:10 PM
I came to know via SR that my wife's application is pending for finger printing. I was told she will be getting an appointment notice shortly. Should we wait for notice or can we just walk in and get it done? I live in NJ and if anyone has had this experience please let me know. Don't want to delay while my PD is still current.

Thank you.

gcsim
08-23-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm in the same boat...waiting for fp notice for my wife..my 7 year old kid and I got my gc last week..

EB2IndianGC
08-24-2010, 10:12 AM
In my personal experience it will be months to get fp notice from USCIS. I would recommend you to take an Info Pass appointment, and request the officials to give you a fp notice letter as an Walk In to the Application Support Center in your area.
I just did that yesterday. They gave me a letter, took it, and got my fp done.

permfiling
09-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Myself and spouse got biometrics notice and we went to the ASC center ahead of the appt date and were were accepted to get the FP etc.

My question is that the biometrics Notice's Envelope has " RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED " letters. Do I need to send them anything ? I talked to USCIS customer rep who mentioned that I need not do anything.

kondur_007
09-29-2010, 01:56 PM
1. Application support center (ASC) does fingerprinting. They will not and can not do it without "barcoded" FP notice.
2. ASC are usually very generous to allow applicants before the appointment date on the notice. So once you have the notice, you should walk in ASC for FP as soon as feasible. (I did that and I was not asked a single question, got it done in 15 mins).
3. If you do not have FP notice, it may be reasonable to get infopass appointment (which is done at LOCAL office, different from ASC), and they can generate FP notice for you in some cases (in others they will just send a msg to USCIS officer to send you one).

4. "Return service requested" is a statement placed on ALL important mailed documents and it simply means a message to US postal service that "if you can deliver this mail for any reason please return it to the sender". You will see this statement on most of the important mails (like your credit card statements, home mortgage statements etc). So once you receive it, there is nothing that needs to be done.

Good Luck to you all...

permfiling
09-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the info. This is my first time biometrics and my pd is current
Sochow long to get the LUD . In my 485 notice there is a PP number
Wondering if anyone called up to get their application status

garybanz
09-29-2010, 05:38 PM
1. Application support center (ASC) does fingerprinting. They will not and can not do it without "barcoded" FP notice.
2. ASC are usually very generous to allow applicants before the appointment date on the notice. So once you have the notice, you should walk in ASC for FP as soon as feasible. (I did that and I was not asked a single question, got it done in 15 mins).
3. If you do not have FP notice, it may be reasonable to get infopass appointment (which is done at LOCAL office, different from ASC), and they can generate FP notice for you in some cases (in others they will just send a msg to USCIS officer to send you one).

4. "Return service requested" is a statement placed on ALL important mailed documents and it simply means a message to US postal service that "if you can deliver this mail for any reason please return it to the sender". You will see this statement on most of the important mails (like your credit card statements, home mortgage statements etc). So once you receive it, there is nothing that needs to be done.

Good Luck to you all...

When booking the infopass appointment, what was the reason you provided for the the appointment?