PDA

View Full Version : Travel on AP

GCNeophyte
08-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I am planning to travel in first week of Oct 2010 (from US) and returning first week of Nov 2010 but my existing APs expire in Oct 15th 2010 and i have filed for renewal of APs which are still in "Initial Review"

Can I enter with New APs if they are approved when I am outside the US?

I appreciate your help.

vishwak
08-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Not an good idea.

Some guys says that they traveled and its not an issue at all, But for my knowledge its not advisable. Sometimes officers get you, U may be out of status too.

Please contact your Attorney for more details.

h1-b forever
08-24-2010, 01:45 PM
I am planning to travel in first week of Oct 2010 (from US) and returning first week of Nov 2010 but my existing APs expire in Oct 15th 2010 and i have filed for renewal of APs which are still in "Initial Review"

I appreciate your help.

What if some biometrics were called for while you are out of the country? Not a good idea.
I am not a lawyer, this is just my opinion

austingc
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM

I appreciate your help.
I read in one of Murthy's forum that you can not apply for AP while you are outside of the country but you could use the one that you filed before you left the county.

In your sitution, you already applied for AP and going to leave the country. So you can ask one of your friend's or family to forward the AP to your home country and you enter using that.

But again, please check with your attorney or Immigration office to confirm this.

waitng4gc03
08-24-2010, 02:10 PM
This is from the lawfirm I have GC processed.

No, you must leave the US with the current AP in hand in order to use it to re-enter the US. The new AP should be approved by the time she leaves.