PDA

View Full Version : Approved 140 status changed

sanjay
08-20-2010, 10:07 AM
My 140 was approved in 2007 and today I got a text message on phone that my application is sent to Nebraska, NE to review and status changed from Approved to Initial review.

Had any one been in same situation or had seen this before with some one else?

thakkarbhav
08-20-2010, 10:10 AM
No. Never heard about this type of situation. Can you call customer service center to find out what is going on. Also you are current so something should come on your way....

redcard
08-20-2010, 10:22 AM
My 140 was approved in 2007 and today I got a text message on phone that my application is sent to Nebraska, NE to review and status changed from Approved to Initial review.

You have been current for a long time based on your profile.. did you check what is the status of your I485 application

sanjay
08-20-2010, 10:40 AM
You have been current for a long time based on your profile.. did you check what is the status of your I485 application

Status is still initial review on 485 and when checked with infopass I was told that my case in in extended review.

And yes, my case is current from last 10 months.

FrankZulu
08-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Status is still initial review on 485 and when checked with infopass I was told that my case in in extended review.

And yes, my case is current from last 10 months.

Are you working for the same company who filed your I-140?

GC20??
08-20-2010, 10:51 AM

Two years after my I-140 was approved, status changed to below. My attorney filed my I-140 choosing CP. CP applications are processed at DOS. As I applied for I-485 in July'07 DOS sent it back to USCIS. Your case looks different. Well I have heard of instances where USCIS reviews approved applications I hope your case is a simple computer glitch. I-140 is employers application so you cannot contact customer service or IO regarding that. Ask your attorney or employer to contact USCIS.

Your priority date is current for more than 6 months now. Did you take any steps to expedite (congressman, senator or writ of mandamus)?

"Post Decision Activity

On March 20, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

sanjay
08-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Are you working for the same company who filed your I-140?

No. I changed to a different company with same position.

Green.Tech
08-20-2010, 11:08 AM
No. I changed to a different company with same position.

It is more than likely a computer glitch but it's always worth it to check with the USCIS. A few years ago the status on one my approved old H-1B cases changed from Approved to Initial Review. It shows the same (Initial Review) status till date. It did not affect my current and/or future H-1B approvals.

sanjay
08-20-2010, 01:47 PM
It is more than likely a computer glitch but it's always worth it to check with the USCIS. A few years ago the status on one my approved old H-1B cases changed from Approved to Initial Review. It shows the same (Initial Review) status till date. It did not affect my current and/or future H-1B approvals.

It not a computer glitch for sure. As the explanation goes like this:

we transferred this case I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.

EB3Ind
08-20-2010, 02:25 PM
It not a computer glitch for sure. As the explanation goes like this:

we transferred this case I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.
Even My I-140 status changed from approved to Initial Review when I received my I-485 RFE last few months ago. Though I used AC21 to change my old employer to new employer I-140 still shows initial review.

sanjay
09-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I had an update on my 485 application today and its say's

On September 8, 2010, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Don't know what does this mean to my case and it is good or bad.

Does any one had been through this ?

dealsnet
09-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Get ready for an interview. USCIS transfer your petition to NBC for interview by local office.
Go with a $1000/day lawyer, or, if you are confident and clean case, go alone with all documents.

ArkBird
09-08-2010, 06:12 PM
@Sanjay

Did you used substitute labor for filing I-140? I have heard about instances where people who used substitute are called for an interview even after the final I-485 approval

sanjay
09-08-2010, 06:54 PM
@ArkBird,

NO, Its not a substitute labor. Its mine on my name cleared from Dallas Backlog center.

@Dealsnet,

How much time do you think it will take for NBC to schedule an interview ?

@Sanjay

Did you used substitute labor for filing I-140? I have heard about instances where people who used substitute are called for an interview even after the final I-485 approval

ArkBird
09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
That sucks big time!

I hope they resolve it promptly. Secondly, you can also try contact ACLU and get their consultation on this issue stating excessive harassment of legal immigrant. I have heard of few cases where they helped big time though they were asylum cases.

@ArkBird,

NO, Its not a substitute labor. Its mine on my name cleared from Dallas Backlog center.

@Dealsnet,

How much time do you think it will take for NBC to schedule an interview ?