PDA

View Full Version : Business Visa vs Tourist Visa

gman
08-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Is tourist visa same as business visa for Canada? Live in the US, i-485 pending with Valid EAD and have valid tourist visa. I need to visit one of my company's client for a few days. DO i need a separate visa or should tourist visa do? What do i say at the border crossing?

Sorry if this is not the right forum.

Thanks!

go_guy123
08-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Is tourist visa same as business visa for Canada? Live in the US, i-485 pending with Valid EAD and have valid tourist visa. I need to visit one of my company's client for a few days. DO i need a separate visa or should tourist visa do? What do i say at the border crossing?

Sorry if this is not the right forum.

Thanks!

It is a B-1/B2 visa ...depending on the purpose at Port of Entry on the I94 officer will give
B1 or B2 (in your case B1)

But some you have GC pending I485...you are a potential immigrant so you may not get b1/B2....but i think you can enter on EAD/AP

gman
08-19-2010, 11:11 AM
the question is about the type of visa needed to enter canada. I have pending I-485 in US but need visa to go to Canada. I have tourist visa for Canada but was wandering if I need to apply for a diferent visa to visit a client of my company for a few days. The reason of my visit is obviously not tourism...

Does the question make sense?

go_guy123
08-19-2010, 01:58 PM
the question is about the type of visa needed to enter canada. I have pending I-485 in US but need visa to go to Canada. I have tourist visa for Canada but was wandering if I need to apply for a diferent visa to visit a client of my company for a few days. The reason of my visit is obviously not tourism...

Does the question make sense?

I think Canada has one single visa for both tourism and business. Post in the Canada Immigration/Visa forum in britishexpats which you will
find knowledgable people about Canada immigration as this forum is mainly about US immigration.
However below is the official link.

Application For a Temporary Resident Visa to Visit Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp)

In the purpose you say: business