PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprint request when PD is current

buehler
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi,

My PD is Mar '06. Finally I am going to be current next month. Today my wife got a FP notice and her appointment is scheduled for Sep 8th.

What could this possibly indicate? She used her AP and came back into the country last month and she was fingerprinted at the POE. I was under the impression that you get FP requests only if you have not been fingerprinted for the last one year at place.

Also is it likely to delay her GC approval? Should I try to get he appointment preponed so that her application will be ready come Sep 1st?

Thanks in advance.

syedn
08-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi,

My PD is Mar '06. Finally I am going to be current next month. Today my wife got a FP notice and her appointment is scheduled for Sep 8th.

What could this possibly indicate? She used her AP and came back into the country last month and she was fingerprinted at the POE. I was under the impression that you get FP requests only if you have not been fingerprinted for the last one year at place.

Also is it likely to delay her GC approval? Should I try to get he appointment preponed so that her application will be ready come Sep 1st?

Thanks in advance.

I was (am) in a similar kind of situaiton. I was in India and returned at the end of July. My PD was to be current in August. However, my wife got a FP notice for August 3rd. I actually ended up post-poning her appointment (this was a risk I took). However, i got my GC approved on August 10th and we are still waiting on hers to get aproved. I am guessing this is becuase she needs to give her FP. She had already had two FP appt previously whereas I just had one.

There is no method to this madness.

buehler
08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Anyone???

txh1b
08-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Fingerprints usually are updated every 15 months for specific pending apps. The FP given at POE does not matter as far as GC goes.

You getting the FP notice is a good thing. It means the case will get approved as soon as the FP gets cleared and it will go to an IO. No point in trying to prepone as you may end up postponing it further if you send in a reschedule request.

Most of my friends got the approval in 10-20 days after renewed biometrics code 1.

smisachu
08-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Don't worry people. It is just normal USCIS. I got current from Aug 1st. My wife received FP notice in the last week of July. The appointment was on Aug 12th. I was also afraid that this will delay the process. But we got approved on the 5th. She went and got FP done on the 12th and we received physical green cards on 16th.
So this is just random and has nothing to do with anything. On the GC itself the FP image on my wife's card looks a little faint. Maybe thats why the wanted new prints. But then again they did not wait for the clear prints to produce the GC,:D

One important thing though, give a good shot when they take the pic at time of FP. They use this pic on the GC, not what was submitted at I485. Mine looks like a mug shot.:p