PDA

View Full Version : To those who say "Nothing much can be done for EB3"

gk_2000
08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I feel frustrated at some peoples' unwillingness to admit that EB3 needs IV's help now more than ever. They are saying that nothing much can be done for EB3, as INS merely corrected its wrong interpretation in visa allocation

But, if we are all willing to put our hearts and minds to it we can surely come up with new ideas that will help our cause. Surely, laws are written so that justice can happen. So if justice is not happening, the law would have some answer, somewhere.

Let me put forward my idea.

The INA language says that until EB2 is not current, there will be no spillover to EB3. Agreed. But I would contend that this statement is on a year to year basis. That is, if in the year 2002 (for example) all EB2 has been satisfied, then the spillovers should go to year 2002 EB3.

Is this something IV can point out and fight for? Can EB3 members put their money and efforts in this direction? Let me know if this sounds worthwhile

reddymjm
08-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I am in for it.

spulapa
08-10-2010, 02:53 PM
lets do something about it....!!
We need a lot of support from different members irrespective what category they are from.

rayoflight
08-10-2010, 02:58 PM
GK,

I think you do have a point. Let me do some research and contact some attorneys as well on this. Will also check with the IV leadership on their thoughts on this point.

Cheers,
Rayoflight

furiouspride
08-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I would be more than happy to help with whatever ideas you have on mind. Even if IV decides to create an exclusive EB3 fund, count me in for any monetary contribution.

Suva
08-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I am in.

nosightofgc
08-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Now a days we are seeing more threads related to spill over allocation interpretation etc, but I have not seen any single post by IV Core about this. I am from EB3 community and share the frustration among others.

I see a lot of people suggesting to port from EB3 to EB2, instead of wasting time on these discussions. Well, porting is not an option for most of us. It is either because we are working for big companies (who do not want to extra burden) or not able to find a small company which can help us.

jaggu bhai
08-10-2010, 03:15 PM
I am also in.... for anything:confused:

battineni
08-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I feel frustrated at some peoples' unwillingness to admit that EB3 needs IV's help now more than ever. They are saying that nothing much can be done for EB3, as INS merely corrected its wrong interpretation in visa allocation

But, if we are all willing to put our hearts and minds to it we can surely come up with new ideas that will help our cause. Surely, laws are written so that justice can happen. So if justice is not happening, the law would have some answer, somewhere.

The INA language says that until EB2 is not current, there will be no spillover to EB3. Agreed. But I would contend that this statement is on a year to year basis. That is, if in the year 2002 (for example) all EB2 has been satisfied, then the spillovers should go to year 2002 EB3.

Is this something IV can point out and fight for? Can EB3 members put their money and efforts in this direction? Let me know if this sounds worthwhile

I'm with you...!!

puddonhead
08-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I think it will be a lot easier to focus out energies to port ourselves to EB2/EB1.

Most of us would have bachelors + 5 years. So EB2 shouldn't be any problem as long as you are willing to change jobs and the employer is willing to file for GC.

Personally, the next time I'm in a position to drive a hard bergain for a job negotiation (still difficult in the current economic environment) - I will try to shoot for a 1 year foreign assignment -> EB1 route. I still curse myself for letting go of one such opportunity in 2006 becuase I did not want to go to London.

So if anybody knows companies that have started filing for GCs again after the freeze of last year - please let us know.

I think that discussion will be far more productive than any wishful reinterpretation of the law.

thakkarbhav
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I am in. I am EB2 but I support this because this makes sense.

battineni
08-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I am in. I am EB2 but I support this because this makes sense.

Thanks for your heartful support.... we need more people like you to support.

Raghunadh Polavarapu
08-10-2010, 03:36 PM
EB-3 keyboard tigers are back to discuss how to get GC'ssssss:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sc09876
08-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Let me just say I am not here to start a EB2 vs EB3 fight. I think the beef is that EB3 is still in 2002 while EB2 is now peeking into 2007.

However, IMHO, if you extend that logic, since EB3 has much more filings than EB2, EB2 wait time would be unrealistically high. Just my opinion that it defeats the purpose of classification, since in the end, it will be PD based and not classification based.

Instead the focus should be in "automatic" progression to higher classification if the PD has certain # of years. For example: If the job requirement had 3 years at the time of labor and 3 more years have passes since, 140 should automatically be allowed to re-classify to EB2 (filed or yet to file)

This way, working for the same employer and adding experience will be an advantage and would not need to change jobs just to re-classify or port.

sanju_dba
08-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Count me in!

thakkarbhav
08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I understand your logic. No fight for EB2 or EB3 - final goal is the same. The logic of this thread is abosolutely correct. EB3 is waiting on 2002 and EB2 Progressing.....There should be balance based on each individual Year. I have other friends who are EB2 and I know they also support so can bring them in once we have anything concrete. I want BIG rally like 9/18 in DC. We never did anything after it so IV should plan for BIG rally to support EB3 and I think EB2 will be taken care automatically.

sanatshah
08-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Count me in.

gk_2000
08-10-2010, 04:19 PM
EB-3 keyboard tigers are back to discuss how to get GC'ssssss:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sir,
Thanks for your valuable contribution with "relevant" post

furiouspride
08-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I would be more than happy to help with whatever ideas you have on mind. Even if IV decides to create an exclusive EB3 fund, count me in for any monetary contribution.
Seriously guys, -ve reps for offering to help? Whats wrong with you?

gc28262
08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Before proposing a solution, we need to make sure these are valid arguments. We need to crack INA ourselves to make sure were making a valid legal argument.

Those of you are willing to join effort on the following thread, please pm GCPerm.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1599562-team-visa-allocation-by-dos.html#post1977684

gk_2000
08-10-2010, 04:32 PM
I think it will be a lot easier to focus out energies to port ourselves to EB2/EB1.

Most of us would have bachelors + 5 years. So EB2 shouldn't be any problem as long as you are willing to change jobs and the employer is willing to file for GC.

Personally, the next time I'm in a position to drive a hard bergain for a job negotiation (still difficult in the current economic environment) - I will try to shoot for a 1 year foreign assignment -> EB1 route. I still curse myself for letting go of one such opportunity in 2006 becuase I did not want to go to London.

So if anybody knows companies that have started filing for GCs again after the freeze of last year - please let us know.

I think that discussion will be far more productive than any wishful reinterpretation of the law.

Could you elaborate on how this is a "wishful" reinterpretation of the law?

gcbeku
08-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I think this is a brilliant idea and might even fly esp because it still preserves USCIS/DOS EB caste system while providin some relief to the EB3s.

While porting is still an option, it is in EB3 filers' interest to push forward on this idea.

hebron
08-10-2010, 07:13 PM

Hi gk_2000, May be I am the only one who doesn't understand the idea. If you don't mind could you please explain what you proposed with examples?

puddonhead
08-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Could you elaborate on how this is a "wishful" reinterpretation of the law?

I have no intention of playing spoilsport if you are taking some good faith initiative. In fact, if there is some campaign launched on this - I will probably even contribute (well - if you are doing something in good faith for a community then I have a moral obligation to support it if it is not harmful for the community).

However, this part "I would contend that this statement is on a year to year basis" souonds wishful to me based on my understanding of what the immigration law says. I spent some time going over the law a couple of years ago - so its possible that my memory may be failing me. If you can show some place in the Immigration law that actually supports this reinterpretation then I will correct myself.

redgreen
08-10-2010, 09:38 PM
So according to this interpretation EB1 also will be retrogressed till everybody from previous years gets gc !

gk_2000
08-10-2010, 09:39 PM
I have no intention of playing spoilsport if you are taking some good faith initiative. In fact, if there is some campaign launched on this - I will probably even contribute (well - if you are doing something in good faith for a community then I have a moral obligation to support it if it is not harmful for the community).

However, this part "I would contend that this statement is on a year to year basis" souonds wishful to me based on my understanding of what the immigration law says. I spent some time going over the law a couple of years ago - so its possible that my memory may be failing me. If you can show some place in the Immigration law that actually supports this reinterpretation then I will correct myself.

You are absolutely right in pointing out the need to really see the law. I just dived into it. I will try to study it more thoroughly, as there are possibly multiple places we could explore in the language; not just this one. If I get more ideas I will come back and post them here.

I request all members to participate in the other thread discussing the various provisions of the INA

gk_2000
08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
So according to this interpretation EB1 also will be retrogressed till everybody from previous years gets gc !

Good point. But there should be no holy cows where justice is concerned

redgreen
08-10-2010, 09:47 PM
so what you are basically asking is give gc to everybody who wants. country quota is meaningless (we know that!). qualifications are worthless. nobel prize or manual laborer (all are humans!). illegals also should be given gc without any reservations!

so when we start a campaign try to be reasonable. don't just 'focus' on our 'wishes'. think creatively how to solve the problem we are all facing, by understanding the basics of the whole process.

Good point. But there should be no holy cows where justice is concerned

gk_2000
08-10-2010, 09:56 PM
so what you are basically asking is give gc to everybody who wants. country quota is meaningless (we know that!). qualifications are worthless. nobel prize or manual laborer (all are humans!). illegals also should be given gc without any reservations!

so when we start a campaign try to be reasonable. don't just 'focus' on our 'wishes'. think creatively how to solve the problem we are all facing, by understanding the basics of the whole process.

If you are trying to open philosophical topic I suggest we do it in a separate thread, because that debate will be a very long one.

BTW do you know the deal with the bees? Bees are just insects, right? But did you know that you are living here on this earth because of them? If the country is filled with geniuses then what is the worth of genius? Therefore dont compare humans in this way

For the record, illegals do end up with green cards. One should have faith, like they do

royus77
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
If you are trying to open philosophical topic I suggest we do it in a separate thread, because that debate will be a very long one.

BTW do you know the deal with the bees? Bees are just insects, right? But did you know that you are living here on this earth because of them? If the country is filled with geniuses then what is the worth of genius? Therefore dont compare humans in this way

Most of the Eb3's are either working for big companies who won't do GC in EB2 or not qualified for eb2 ( so called 3 year degree ) and enjoying all these years when they know clearly eb3 is not going any where ...what in the world prevent them to move up the ladder and porting their PDs ...They dont want to take any risk and just show their frustation in internet forums

As some one in the forum quoted "There is a path of joy and there is the path of pleasure. Pondering on them, the wise (eb1 ,pre-approved labor and eb2 inorder ) chooses the path of joy; the fool takes the path of pleasure."

gopalkrishan
08-10-2010, 10:24 PM

For the record, illegals do end up with green cards. One should have faith, like they do

I am an EB2 filer, but I totally support EB3 cause few of my close ones are in that boat .. Anyways, this post is for GK_2000 .. If you have it in you to start an idea, light a spark etc etc .. then please learn to follow it through ..

Agreed that you don't agree with redgreen, might even be angry st such a reply, but humility is the right approach here .. Your response could have been better .."in that case could you suggest a better idea etc.." .. The response you have given does not help your attempts as people may perceive it to be an attitude problem or just "thread by an EB3 ranter".. Every great person including Mahatma Gandhi was ridiculed/scoffed when trying to start something new, but they knew hostility does not beget hostility .. Learn to hear others as you may might some new thread of information or avenues of thoughts, even in their vehemence..

Just my 2 cents and in case you find this offensive too, then I apologize in advance ..

Regards,
Gopal Krishan

vshar
08-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Most of the Eb3's are either working for big companies who won't do GC in EB2 or not qualified for eb2 ( so called 3 year degree ) and enjoying all these years when they know clearly eb3 is not going any where ...what in the world prevent them to move up the ladder and porting their PDs ...They dont want to take any risk and just show their frustation in internet forums

As some one in the forum quoted "There is a path of joy and there is the path of pleasure. Pondering on them, the wise (eb1 ,pre-approved labor and eb2 inorder ) chooses the path of joy; the fool takes the path of pleasure."

So dear Mr. pathfinder, could u suggest me a “BETTER" path if I have 3 years of bachelors from India with 8 years of IT experience when I landed in USA in 2003. I applied my labor in 6/2006 and my I-140 got rejected when I applied under EB2 category coz My (B Com) was 3 years of degree and not 4 years. So, don’t generalize the problem just because you are not facing it.

Peace.

anjs
08-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I am in for this.

anjs

willigetgc?
08-10-2010, 11:30 PM
i feel frustrated at some peoples' unwillingness to admit that eb3 needs iv's help now more than ever. They are saying that nothing much can be done for eb3, as ins merely corrected its wrong interpretation in visa allocation

I went to the advocacy days in DC this June, and the biggest push IV was/is making - country cap elimination. The biggest benefactor of this change is EB3 (eb2 will be helped too, but that is how INS preference system works) - again, the biggest benefactor of this legislative change is eb3. IV has been pushing this issue over and over - try reaching out about town hall meetings or any such meetings with lawmakers - and you will figure out how much iv is working on behalf of eb3. Unfortunately, not many eb3 were active until the last 2 vbs. So, please do not say, "nothing much can be done for eb3" or "IV is not working for EB3". Its just that you may not see value in the route that IV is pursuing. It is eb3 members' unwillingness to admit that IV needs grass root help more than ever now.

but, if we are all willing to put our hearts and minds to it we can surely come up with new ideas that will help our cause. Surely, laws are written so that justice can happen. So if justice is not happening, the law would have some answer, somewhere.

The ina language says that until eb2 is not current, there will be no spillover to eb3. Agreed. but i would contend that this statement is on a year to year basis. that is, if in the year 2002 (for example) all eb2 has been satisfied, then the spillovers should go to year 2002 eb3.

i am sorry to point this out, but you are looking at this from only your angle. Don't get me wrong, i would probably do the same. Having said that, logically this change will not fly with the uscis - 2 reasons - 1. Your contention that this rule is year to year - flawed contention 2. What does all eb2 satisfied mean? - these arguments will not work. I am not pulling you or the idea down - but simply stating my point of view based on what I know of the law.

is this something iv can point out and fight for? Can eb3 members put their money and efforts in this direction? Let me know if this sounds worthwhile

now a days we are seeing more threads related to spill over allocation interpretation etc, but i have not seen any single post by iv core about this. I am from eb3 community and share the frustration among others.

i remember a time just a few months ago this year, eb2 were complaining about spillover not happening, and iv core disputed it, saying that spillover was happening.

i see a lot of people suggesting to port from eb3 to eb2, instead of wasting time on these discussions. Well, porting is not an option for most of us. It is either because we are working for big companies (who do not want to extra burden) or not able to find a small company which can help us.

just like you are seeing the ground realities of porting from eb3 to eb2, i believe that iv knows the ground reality of proposing new interpretations to the law. I would go a little further in saying that the proposals considered here are changes in the law than changes in the interpretation of the law.

I may be wrong on my thinking, but I do hope you take a suggestion - when reading the INS law, understand it independently first. Then go back to see, if it can be applied on your interpretation. Do not start out with it, everything looks red when wearing red tinted glasses.......

After the advocacy days in DC, I am sold on what IV is offering and its commitment to the EB community. I am EB3 too and I am pretty much in the same boat as many of you here.

seeker999
08-11-2010, 09:09 AM
I am in...
What next ?

amitjoey
08-11-2010, 11:21 AM

Mr Path of Joy
I am EB3 India working for a small company in construction design industry. I have enough experience, qualifications and degrees for an EB2. But it is not as simple as you make it sound.
A major part- 8 out of my 15 year experience in this field has been with this employer and although my employer supports me, they are simply not hiring and have been having a difficult time since 2007. So, they cannot file for an EB2 Labor.

I cannot change jobs, since my qualifications and experience will put me in a different job-description and title which I cannot because of how AC21 interprets the laws.

So it is not as white and black as you make it sound. Most EB3 folks started their process way early in their careers and have moved on since. Some of us have been waiting for 10 years and have been in the country for 15 or more years.
Some started during the last recession in 2001-2002 when EB2 was in scrutiny and dates were current for all, most employers and lawyers were touting the EB3 route.

Anycase, I do not expect you to understand our situation. So continue speeding on your path of joy.

sanju_dba
08-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Mr Path of Joy
I am EB3 India working for a small company in construction design industry. I have enough experience, qualifications and degree for an EB2. But it is not as simple as you make it sound.
A major part- 8 out of my 15 year experience in this field has been with this employer and although my employer supports me, they are simply not hiring and have been having a difficult time since 2007. So, they cannot file for an EB2 Labor.

I cannot change jobs, since my qualifications and experience will put me in a different job-description and title which I cannot because of how AC21 interprets the laws.

So it is not as white and black as you make it sound. Most EB3 folks started their process way early in their careers and have moved on since. Some of us have been waiting for 10 years and have been in the country for 15 or more years.
Some started during the last recession in 2001-2002 when EB2 was in scrutiny and dates were current for all, most employers and lawyers were touting the EB3 route.

Anycase, I do not expect you to understand our situation. So continue speeding on your path of joy.

same boat here, i bet many others do so.
back in 2003 when my friend insisted to have my GC file in EB2, my attorney filed in eb3 convicing me saying all are current why bother. ( praying a cleaner route to hell for that attorney ).

seeker999
08-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Are we concluding that we will not have any support from IV for EB3?

Can we draft a letter to USCIS and push it through the founding fathers of IV?

I have an idea, can we connect to a lobbyist who can push the legal immigration. Immigration lawyers, construction companies, banks etc will be the ones benefiting in resolving EB issues. Can they sponsor. Please consider this as me just sharing my thoughts.

PERM12
08-11-2010, 12:42 PM
All,
count me in.... but we should also include not just this but also Flexibility of all and any one who is on H1 and H4. immeterial of they in EB2 or EB3. All one is required is Flexibility ...

Flexibility to leave the current job and go join a college without worrying about status
Flexibility to take a vacation for a month to visit places and friends without worrying about nex project
Flexibility to change employers and get a better position and offer
Flexibility to work in position you deserve..rather than rot in the same job profile b'cos your GC process is pending
Flexibility to invent and develop ideas and work on itself rathar than work for some company which undermines, underpays those ideas and inventions

most of us might reply it only happens when you are Green'd but that is not what i am expecting...this is for all those who are going through it and who will be going through it in future.

Lets also work for drastic change in the employment based work permits.

spicy_guy
08-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I may be wrong on my thinking, but I do hope you take a suggestion - when reading the INS law, understand it independently first. Then go back to see, if it can be applied on your interpretation. Do not start out with it, everything looks red when wearing red tinted glasses.......

After the advocacy days in DC, I am sold on what IV is offering and its commitment to the EB community. I am EB3 too and I am pretty much in the same boat as many of you here.

You put it out well from your side.
BTW, are you really 2007 EB3 I? Do you have a guesstimate on when you would get GC?:rolleyes:

spicy_guy
08-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Are we concluding that we will not have any support from IV for EB3?

Can we draft a letter to USCIS and push it through the founding fathers of IV?

I have an idea, can we connect to a lobbyist who can push the legal immigration. Immigration lawyers, construction companies, banks etc will be the ones benefiting in resolving EB issues. Can they sponsor. Please consider this as me just sharing my thoughts.

Everyone wants to do that. But the question is how?

ghost
08-11-2010, 12:46 PM
You put it out well from your side.
BTW, are you really 2007 EB3 I? Do you have a guesstimate on when you would get GC?:rolleyes:

Folks,

In our legal immigrant community, we have the following Groups (G) of people:

G1) Handful of leaders - folks who clearly understand that only legislative fixes and administrative fixes can provide realistic help
G2) Dozens of volunteers - who are willing to take that extra step and contribute time and effort for the sake of others
G3) Hundreds of donors, both regular or one-time - who trust IV leadership and commit to the cause without any qualms whatsoever
G4) Thousands of members - who try to understand the issues we are facing but do not have a realistic assessment of how bad things are
G5) Many more - who either are not bothered by this wait or who simply gave up on this process and became dormant of some sorts of their career

While the predictions thread provided some clarity and entertainment for EB2 folks, this September 2010 bulletin is a blessing in disguise for all of us.

Current state of our Members (M):
M1) We have recently greened EB2 folks (2005-2006 EB2 folks), who have a fresh memory of the painful wait
M2) We have folks who relied on predictions (May 2006 - Jul 2007 EB2 folks), who must be frustrated and disappointed with today's bulletin
M3) We have folks who were looking forward to Jul-Sep 2011 (Aug 2007 - Dec 2008 EB2 folks), who now realize that their wait is even longer than assumed
M4) We have EB-3 folks waiting forever and feeling that they are being neglected in IV advocacy efforts

Folks who are in M2/M3/M4 state above should take some time and contemplate the options they have between now and Sep 2011.

I can see three Options (O):

O1) "Wait and Watch" option:
This applies to folks who are either close to the PD being current or folks who are on EADs or folks who are happy with their current career state

O2) "You are on your own" option:
EB-3 folks - can try find a job where the employer is ready to start their EB-2 GC process within the next 6 months (make sure your current GC application has an approved 140)
EB-2 folks - can try find a job where the employer is ready to start their EB-1 GC process

O3) "We are in this together" option
All EB-2 and EB-3 folks sign up for a concerted effort where IV leadership is in the driver's seat.

Each one of us should be able to relate to one combination of Group/Member/Option (GMOs) from the above list. Personally I'm G3M3O3, what are you?

spicy_guy
08-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Guys,

All EB3 Is are coming forward. Thats a good thing.

But do we have:
- A leader to lead this effort
- Agenda to follow
- Specific Goals
- Action Items
- Immediate Goals

Without these we are not going anywhere. But just wasting our time on top of our already surmounting frustration.

imh1b
08-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Guys,

All EB3 Is are coming forward. Thats a good thing.

But do we have:
- A leader to lead this effort
- Agenda to follow
- Specific Goals
- Action Items
- Immediate Goals

Without these we are not going anywhere. But just wasting our time on top of our already surmounting frustration.

I have answered in a funny way

But do we have:
- A leader to lead this effort: None. But actually everyone.
- Agenda to follow : Everyone has one. But the single common agenda is to blame IV for EB3 dates not moving forward.
- Specific Goals : Everyone has one
- Action Items : EB3 should get all spillover and EB2 should not get it
- Immediate Goals: EB3 should get all spillover and EB2 should not get it

I see nobody serious but everyone wants some one else to help.

Here is my big idea. We should ask Bill Gates and Sonia Gandhi to help us. Instead of working on spillover for 500 visas, how about get these people to help us. They can help change INA with their contacts.

baleraosreedhar
08-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Please count me also for contribution for making EB3 life easy and to reassure a HOPE of reaching end of tunnel

prakashv44
08-11-2010, 02:44 PM
People,

Thanks for the post and I am in

bharad
08-11-2010, 02:56 PM
A very good point raised by the OP.
Please count me in.

Openarms
08-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Count me in for contribution up to $500 towards lobbying.

I am not against any category ..... just wanna be reasonable.
Couple of years back some organizations pushed / lobbied an idea that software engineers (typically fall into EB2) are more valuable then Programmer Analysts (typically fall into EB3).
In those hay days who knows that they would come up with this unjustifiable idea...That may be true these days.

abhi_022001
08-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Count me in too...

yabayaba
08-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Also Could me in..

Openarms
08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Please email to Compete America (info@competeamerica.org) see if they can help us at this point.
Just say number of years waiting for green card under EB3 category.
They know the issue very well..All they need is some momentum....
Search | CompeteAmerica (http://www.competeamerica.org/search/node/india%20EB%E2%80%903)

eastindia
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Please email to Compete America (info@competeamerica.org) see if they can help us at this point.
Search | CompeteAmerica (http://www.competeamerica.org/search/node/india%20EB%E2%80%903)

See their board and IV name is in it

yabayaba
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM

It would be better to run a campaign thro IV, need input from the IV leadership.

seeker999
08-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Based on the members in competeamerica . I honestly believe they will give a damn about GC. Simple reason is they will loose their reigns on us.

More practical is someone in IV EB3 talk to some lobbyist or politcians and figureout how to push this. Especially the ones in DC.

Chris Rock
08-11-2010, 04:16 PM
If there is a non-controversial immi. law change attempt I will donate $500. I will also bring my friends and the total may exceed $2000. We all willing to donate but only if we know that there is good chance of passing.

If there is an attempt to push ideas like recapture, forget it. It will not pass in this economy. I do not want to waste my money and time on those kind of ideas.

IMHO. Not to find fault with anyone. Please do not mistake me.

AllVNeedGcPc
08-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Count me in...

...I will donate minimum $100 for the cause.

Openarms
08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
As far I am concerned they are one of the organizations that injected this EB2 vs EB3 allocation... at that movement they might have their own reasons... but it might change now... We kinda know where IV stands on this...

They do....

How come a person with EB2 category applied GC in 2006 doing the same thing that a EB3 person does who applied GC in 2002 gets their Green Cards approved?? Again not against any category...What in the world of kinda rationale is this is??

seeker999
08-11-2010, 04:23 PM
August 15th being Independence day.

In lot of cities we are having India day celebrations. Especially in Major cities. Senators are being invited. We should take this opportunity to explain and leave a flyer or something. One such example is

Welcome to India League of America - Michigan... (http://www.ilamichigan.org/events/index.html)

I will be there and make sure the voice is heard. Do we have any standard document or something.

I personally know that almost all congress men call and ask the presidents of these organizations what is it that your community needs...so this will be right opportunity to push the presidents and the politicians of these organizations...

Just my thoughts...

gc28262
08-11-2010, 06:07 PM
August 15th being Independence day.

In lot of cities we are having India day celebrations. Especially in Major cities. Senators are being invited. We should take this opportunity to explain and leave a flyer or something. One such example is

Welcome to India League of America - Michigan... (http://www.ilamichigan.org/events/index.html)

I will be there and make sure the voice is heard. Do we have any standard document or something.

I personally know that almost all congress men call and ask the presidents of these organizations what is it that your community needs...so this will be right opportunity to push the presidents and the politicians of these organizations...

Just my thoughts...

Contact Starsun
ivcoordinator @ gmail.com

gk_2000
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Guys,

I have thought of one more idea..

We know very well that by current interpretation EB3 is permanently fixed to the back of the line. NO EB3 will get processed until the last EB2 who files in the year 2013 gets approved, (counting out the regular quota).

And why are we here? Many believe (or know) that it is because of the 245(i) amnesty signed by Clinton and Bush.

Isn't it ironic that the illegals that were put in the line are not being moved back as the line expands? Why only we legals? Maybe there is some scope to challenge the 245(i) visa number allocation and point out that legal immigrants are waiting in line then how can you admit illegals in front

Anyone having the facts and numbers of 245(i)?

gc28262
08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Guys,

We know very well that by current interpretation EB3 is permanently fixed to the back of the line. NO EB3 will get processed until the last EB2 who files in the year 2013 gets approved, (counting out the regular quota).

And why are we here? Many believe (or know) that it is because of the 245(i) amnesty signed by Clinton and Bush.

Isn't it ironic that the illegals that were put in the line are not being moved back as the line expands? Why only we legals? Maybe there is some scope to challenge the 245(i) visa number allocation and point out that legal immigrants are waiting in line then how can you admit illegals in front

This will need a legislative change.
I have some information about 245(I) here EbImmigrationReference (http://ebimmigrationreference.blogspot.com/)

spicy_guy
08-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Again, as I mentioned, we are jumping all over the board with different ideas and opinions. This leads to no where. Someone who has good understanding of USCIS / DOS / Govt procedures should come up with an agenda and move forward from there. We'll need to work with IV leadership team too. (At this time, I don't think they are even looking into this effort, as understandably they have other goals in hand). However, we should approach them with concrete plan of action.

Everyone is willing to Donate $$$. But for what? What are we going to spend that money on?
We need focused efforts.

Lets join hands and maybe the OP can take the lead in preparing the agenda / plan of action.

What say you guys?

Bottom line: I believe we can do! Of course, we need to procure support from multiple sources like some of the ideas mentioned by the posters CompleteAmerica, Talking to senators on Aug 15th, etc.

gk_2000
08-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Again, as I mentioned, we are jumping all over the board with different ideas and opinions. This leads to no where. Someone who has good understanding of USCIS / DOS / Govt procedures should come up with an agenda and move forward from there. We'll need to work with IV leadership team too. (At this time, I don't think they are even looking into this effort, as understandably they have other goals in hand). However, we should approach them with concrete plan of action.

Everyone is willing to Donate $$$. But for what? What are we going to spend that money on?
We need focused efforts.

Lets join hands and maybe the OP can take the lead in preparing the agenda / plan of action.

What say you guys?

Bottom line: I believe we can do! Of course, we need to procure support from multiple sources like some of the ideas mentioned by the posters CompleteAmerica, Talking to senators on Aug 15th, etc.

Well the plan for now has to be just brain-storming. So let's compile the best ideas from here and make a list. So let's suggest our ideas and discuss the merits and de-merits of each of them

We should have some criteria to evaluate the ideas. I propose (in order of importance):

- Can be done with admin fix
- Controversy. Would like path of least resistance
- Addresses EB3 problem

All are free to develop upon these..

royus77
08-11-2010, 11:58 PM
If there is a non-controversial immi. law change attempt I will donate $500. I will also bring my friends and the total may exceed $2000. We all willing to donate but only if we know that there is good chance of passing.

If there is an attempt to push ideas like recapture, forget it. It will not pass in this economy. I do not want to waste my money and time on those kind of ideas.

what is the percentage you are looking ? 50 -50 ?I know thousands of people who can write a check for 10K to support any law that can give them a GC in the next 3-6 months..

ghost
08-12-2010, 08:22 AM
what is the percentage you are looking ? 50 -50 ?I know thousands of people who can write a check for 10K to support any law that can give them a GC in the next 3-6 months..

Here is the thing: We all can write 10K checks to get a GC in next 3-6 months but things don't work that way...small persistent steps lead to assured success...see if you can get the people you know sign up for a 6 USD per week recurring donation, it takes 5 minutes of their time.

This is like having one subway sandwich per week for 6 months, the key is to do it persistently every week/month. Thanks!

ghost
08-12-2010, 08:26 AM

Hey Buddy,
recapture is not controversial and has nothing to do with economy...not sure where you got that from, recapture of EB numbers is what we are proposing - this will not take away any american jobs but only alleviate the wait times for folks like you and me. Also, we've to accept the fact that anything related to immigration will be controversial - there is no denying of it, unfortunately.

Coming to the donations, please don't donate in huge sums because you'll have huge expectations...I'd say start off in small steps - 6 USD per week for 6 months...I signed up for it and it took me 5 minutes and 150 USD for the next 6 months, not too bad right!

Thanks!

ghost
08-12-2010, 08:30 AM

Unsolicited advice - Let's put a small amount as a deposit before we begin these efforts - 6 USD per week for 6 months (signing up for 25 USD per month for 6 months)...I did it and took me 5 minutes, now I am more dedicated to this effort than ever before and am sure that this dedication will have a positive impact on our future efforts...thanks for reading!

ghost
08-12-2010, 08:34 AM

Good to see someone from EB-2 advocating an exclusive EB-3 monetary fund...I think the spirit of this gesture speaks for the fact that we are in this together...let's translate into a "donor" status if possible...personally, I'm not bothered whether my donations go towards EB-2 or EB-3 and that should not be our long-term vision.

Let's believe in IV and believe in ourselves that we are better than this EB-2/EB-3 divisions. Good luck to all of us!

immigrant2007
08-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Guys,

I have asked this question over and over again but Iv doesn't seem to entertain it. IV number crunchers are busy developing and applying patent for a sofware on GC estimation.
245(i) consumed EB3 worldwide quota and is responsilbe to backlog along with deliberate delay by USCIs.
But thas history now, what do we do in future matter more...I think If economy doesn't improves EB3s are infor a big shock.
Post election if Republicans win then they will do their best to deny GCs to all backlog guys so that they can enjoy thier loot (Social secuirty,foreclosed homes)...

immigrant2007
08-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Hey Buddy,
recapture is not controversial and has nothing to do with economy...not sure where you got that from, recapture of EB numbers is what we are proposing - this will not take away any american jobs but only alleviate the wait times for folks like you and me. Also, we've to accept the fact that anything related to immigration will be controversial - there is no denying of it, unfortunately.

Coming to the donations, please don't donate in huge sums because you'll have huge expectations...I'd say start off in small steps - 6 USD per week for 6 months...I signed up for it and it took me 5 minutes and 150 USD for the next 6 months, not too bad right!

Thanks!

I agree recapture will not impact jobs much. Becuase all of them are already on job....
(atmost the jobs that spouses might take up after GC, but too will be minimum, anyone who wanted to work is already working on EADs of wahetvere is available to them)...
I like your suggestion on donations ...We should aim of a chain reaction type of campaign for EB3

seeker999
08-12-2010, 10:36 AM
I like the idea of separate fund for EB3.
Is there no one in IV admins /founders who are interested in EB3?

I believe we need to have a EB3 wing in IV ,Ideally the max donors in EB3 ( atleast 10) can be the decision makers and can ensure EB3 voice is also heard.

We should have the % board members in IV from EB3 wing reflecting the amounts donated by EB3.

Looks like we already have Patton Boggs lobbying for IV. Did any EB3 candidate ever given an chance to interact with them. Exactly how does this work ?
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=48

I feel that if given a chance to talk to Patton Boggs and present our views. There can be huge amounts of funds that can be raised.

battineni
08-12-2010, 10:47 AM
How come a person with EB2 category applied GC in 2006 doing the same thing that a EB3 person does who applied GC in 2002 gets their Green Cards approved?? Again not against any category...What in the world of kinda rationale is this is??

not even 2002, it's just 01Jan2002, means only 2001.

EB2 person who applied for greencard in 2006 getting the GC wth the person who applied in EB2 - 2006.

This gap between EB2 and EB3 is keep on increasing....

EB2 move is in Months....EB3 move not even in Days...

I'm not against EB2... but just comparing.:(

immigrant2007
08-12-2010, 05:04 PM
not even 2002, it's just 01Jan2002, means only 2001.

EB2 person who applied for greencard in 2006 getting the GC wth the person who applied in EB2 - 2006.

This gap between EB2 and EB3 is keep on increasing....

EB2 move is in Months....EB3 move not even in Days...

I'm not against EB2... but just comparing.:(

Such is our seriousness, the thread barely started it was at the bottom of the list just awaiting its natural death. Whereas the most meningless threads are at the top of the list. If people can not EB3 backlog seriously then i am sure they don't deserve any GCs.

gc28262
08-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Such is our seriousness, the thread barely started it was at the bottom of the list just awaiting its natural death. Whereas the most meningless threads are at the top of the list. If people can not EB3 backlog seriously then i am sure they don't deserve any GCs.

Don't be disappointed.
We are focusing on another thread right now.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1599562-team-visa-allocation-by-dos.html

Please post your ideas on this thread.

SGP
08-12-2010, 05:30 PM

I Agree with you. Count me in.

bmoni
08-12-2010, 05:48 PM
All Eb3 please follow the thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1599562-team-visa-allocation-by-dos-8.html#post1978863 . They need help looks like we may be onto something...it will be benefit everyone most important EB3.

Don't be disappointed.
We are focusing on another thread right now.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1599562-team-visa-allocation-by-dos.html

Please post your ideas on this thread.

java98
08-12-2010, 08:41 PM
I complete agree with your ideas and effort.
Please count me in.

God Bless you all

iluvcric
08-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Count me in.

This wait is killing us.

GCNeophyte
08-13-2010, 11:41 AM

Yes , we are... Look who is rolling eyes :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: @ your facebook profile.

Openarms
08-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Please follow this thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1599562-team-visa-allocation-by-dos-13.html#post1979373

reddymjm
08-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi Guys,

I got an LUD on 8/14 on mine and my wifes I485s and also on the first EADs filed along with the 485. Anything cooking? I did change my employer in Feb 2010 and yet to file AC21. If any one had similar LUDs please post.

Thanks

CHHAYA
08-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Hi Guys,

I got an LUD on 8/14 on mine and my wifes I485s and also on the first EADs filed along with the 485. Anything cooking? I did change my employer in Feb 2010 and yet to file AC21. If any one had similar LUDs please post.

Thanks

I see LUD on 7/10/10 on mine EAD which was filed online in 08. But no LUD on 485 or last EAD which was filed in 09.

MahaBharatGC
09-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Count me in.

This wait is killing us.

YES YES YES.
Yesterday was my last day of Canadian Blue Card expiry. I left it as I was able to file for I-485 during July 07 magic. I am in for whatever the fight it takes.
This EAD renewal funda is killing us...
Just does not make sense for lack of timelines on EAD Renewals, no proper insights. Why would they need to take 3 months time for renewals?:confused:

prakashv44
09-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I am with you

spicy_guy
09-21-2010, 04:48 PM
They can give us Citizenship for waiting x number of years after filing 485.

green_mile
09-21-2010, 07:01 PM
apart from contributing 25$ a month? what is the action item? where the money goes and whom to donate?

pardon my ignorance.:confused:

h1-b forever
01-24-2011, 10:16 AM

GK,

I think you do have a point. Let me do some research and contact some attorneys as well on this. Will also check with the IV leadership on their thoughts on this point.

Cheers,
Rayoflight

Did anything come of this plan? Is this doable?

Sunx_2004
01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
^^bump^^

hiyer31
01-26-2011, 01:00 PM
What happened to all the thesis and discussions? i felt disgusted listening to the state of the union address. i completely am of the opinion that everybody deserves a chance even those who are here illegally. But there is something wrong with a country which wishes to cater to them to favor them who broke the laws then the who indian community which barely breaks laws and is probably the most god fearing and law fearing group of people in this country. We have 0 representation in this nation. Taxation without representation. All the social security and medicare taxes I will never probably get to use it. I wish we could all muster the courage to quit the jobs and leave this country and let every client and employer deal with the fallout. Unfortunately we cant. Since there are 10 others in line behind me who will willing become slaves for the little comfort they get. Life has become very frustrating.