View Full Version : USA Visitor Visa Sponsor by H1b

08-09-2010, 09:48 PM

I would like to know is it safe for person on H1b working at client place, to sponsor USA visitor visa for parents.

Recently I heard it's difficult to renter a person with H1b visas into USA.

Kindly guide me.


08-10-2010, 09:32 AM
H1B status alone shouldn't cause any problems for re-entry, that is just my opinion though.

08-10-2010, 09:42 AM
I think you can safely sponser visitors visa while you are on H1B. What do you mean by working at clients place? is that place listed on your H1B application. Many times Attorney list any other state as required. I remember my attorney doing this. But still, I don't think it should matter, at the same time, I am not an attorney.

Good luck

08-10-2010, 09:54 AM
First, there is nothing called "sponsoring a visitor visa". You cannot sponsor . Every visitor need to qualify on his/her own.
If you mean sending an invite letter and copy of your H1 to show they are visiting you , it is fine.

If you mean sending I-134 -- Affidavit of Support -- the Affidavit has no legal value. If the visitors do not have enough liquid cash, they can say that you will fund the trip (and you can send your bank statements to prove). Anybody else (like your siblings in home country) can also fund the trip. If they have cash, best is to show that as source of their trip.

01-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Actually, you're no longer in H-1B status. If you end up getting another employer to sponsor you and you're RFE'd for your last 3 months of pay stubs to show your last day of work and it shows you entered the country after that date as an H-1B you will be denied your visa at the consulate.