PDA

View Full Version : Green Card - F2A Category

f1USvisaholder
08-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi

I'm on F1 visa and married to a GC holder.. Do you think we should file for I-130 or wait till he gets his Citizenship..My husband got his GC in 2008.
Priority Dates for F2A category(INDIA) is MARCH 2009 and it does seem encouraging and it was never like this before i guess... Is this a temporary thing, or can it go backwards?....Should we atleast wait till October to see the real picture?....Please share your thoughts...

Thanks

kramer101
10-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Hi

I'm on F1 visa and married to a GC holder.. Do you think we should file for I-130 or wait till he gets his Citizenship..My husband got his GC in 2008.
Priority Dates for F2A category(INDIA) is MARCH 2009 and it does seem encouraging and it was never like this before i guess... Is this a temporary thing, or can it go backwards?....Should we atleast wait till October to see the real picture?....Please share your thoughts...

Thanks

I suggest you file for I-130 AND you wait till he gets his Citizenship. Having a I-130 pending does not prevent you from submitting for the AOS once he gets the Citizenship.