PDA

View Full Version : Travel via Washington Dulles Airport with AP

gimme_GC2006
08-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Anyone traveled in recent times via Washington Dulles airport on AP?

I am returning back next week..so far I am carrying AP (expires on Aug 31 2010), couple of paychecks, 485 receipt, employment letter, w2

Generally I travel via JFK and never had any problems. This is my first time via IAD.

Just looking for feel good words :D

minimalist
08-05-2010, 09:00 PM

I am returning back next week..so far I am carrying AP (expires on Aug 31 2010), couple of paychecks, 485 receipt, employment letter, w2

Generally I travel via JFK and never had any problems. This is my first time via IAD.

I traveled thrice via IAD using AP, latest in Jan 2010..

vshar
08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
I used AP while coming back to Washington Dulles in Feb 2010. I had to wait for extra 2 hours for the secondary inspection. Once they called my name they only asked me which company filed my I-140; I told the name of my previous employer. No other question or document asked.

pool_abab
08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I flew through IAD this monday 08/02/2010 on AP. No questions asked. All they looked at was passport and AP document. The secondary inspection takes time though. there were only 5 of us there and it still took that guy 1.5 hrs to finish.

mhathi
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Me and my wife flew into IAD in dec 2008. Only AP and Passport needed. No questions asked. Had to wait ~45 minutes though.

austingc
08-06-2010, 04:19 PM

No documents were asked except Passport and AP. I travelled with my family in June 2010 and it took us more than an hour to clear the secondary inspection. We were only 6 people waiting and there were 2 IO's and still it took us an hour and IMO it was ridiculous. We had 3 hours of transit time but our flight was delayed by 1 hour 30 minutes, so we lost our connecting flight and had to stay over night in Washington. I will not go through IAD once again with AP. Make sure you have at least 3 hours transit time between your connecting flights if you are not living in Washington, DC.

Chicago airport was the best, no secondary inspection. The IO at the counter did verify everything in 5 minutes in Feb 2010.