PDA

View Full Version : EB3 to EB2 PD wierd answer from lawyers. please help

mrdelhiite
08-04-2010, 02:07 AM
I am in process of filing my EB2 I140 and port my EB3 PD (485 applied) to new EB2 PD (I-140). This is a reply I got from lawyers when I asked him to make sure in my new I140 we should try to capture my old PD. Can one of you validate this or point me to some links which says this is incorrect...Thanks for your help

It does not appear that the Nebraska Service Center, where M's I-485 is pending, has updated its process since 2005. At that time, the NSC advised to flag an earlier or now current priority date with a colorful paper or other means. We will call M's earlier priority date to the NSC's attention when we file his I-140, though in the past the NSC has not seemed to recognize the earlier priority dates, regardless of what method is used. We will continue to track whether the NSC updates its process similar to the Texas Service Center to allow for email communication about the earlier priority date.

Thanks
-M

amar123
08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
PORTING PRIORITY DATE - Immigration Wiki (http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/PORTING_PRIORITY_DATE)

mrdelhiite
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks Amar. I am not sure if the link you provided helps me with my question. Anyway thanks for posting it.

Can some one else comment on my question.

Thanks
-M

gimmeacard
08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I am in process of filing my EB2 I140 and port my EB3 PD (485 applied) to new EB2 PD (I-140). This is a reply I got from lawyers when I asked him to make sure in my new I140 we should try to capture my old PD. Can one of you validate this or point me to some links which says this is incorrect...Thanks for your help

It does not appear that the Nebraska Service Center, where M's I-485 is pending, has updated its process since 2005. At that time, the NSC advised to flag an earlier or now current priority date with a colorful paper or other means. We will call M's earlier priority date to the NSC's attention when we file his I-140, though in the past the NSC has not seemed to recognize the earlier priority dates, regardless of what method is used. We will continue to track whether the NSC updates its process similar to the Texas Service Center to allow for email communication about the earlier priority date.

Thanks
-M

My 140 was filed in TSC, later moved to NSC., i filed a new petition for labor,140 @ NSC and it was sucessfully ported, not sure why your lawyer is saying so..

i have heard that in some cases u dont get to really know whether the porting was sucessful or not. so he could be right.

btw he can always send written comms rather then waiting for email system to be launched.