PDA

View Full Version : Urgent travel, AP expiring 30-Aug-2010

gimme_GC2006
07-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi,

I will be traveling to India tomorrow and My AP expires 30-Aug-2010. My trip is only for 10 days and I will be back by Aug12.

So I was wondering if there will be any issues at POE or in India, since my AP expires in less than 30 days?

This is my second trip on AP.

Also, what all I need to carry? I have EAD, Employment letter, 485-receipt, 2 Pay stubs, W2 ?

Adding to this, my PD will be current from Aug-1st :(

Any suggestions, inputs most welcome. (This is a medical emergency with parent.so cannot avoid)

austingc
07-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi,

I will be traveling to India tomorrow and My AP expires 30-Aug-2010. My trip is only for 10 days and I will be back by Aug12.

So I was wondering if there will be any issues at POE or in India, since my AP expires in less than 30 days?

This is my second trip on AP.

Also, what all I need to carry? I have EAD, Employment letter, 485-receipt, 2 Pay stubs, W2 ?

Adding to this, my PD will be current from Aug-1st :(

Any suggestions, inputs most welcome. (This is a medical emergency with parent.so cannot avoid)
Sorry to hear about your parents. Hope they are doing ok. It should not be a problem and you can even enter the country on Aug 30, 2010, the day your AP expires. The only question they would ask is 'Are you still working with ABC' (GC sponsership company) and may be some additional questions about your location and the purpose of your trip.

Since this is your second trip you should know by now what documents you need to carry with you. I travelled twice in this year and carried only my I-485 receipt and AP, thats it. When you enter the country with AOS status they don't really care much about other documents but if you want to carry all the above mentioned documents, it does not hurt.

If your 485 is approved while you are outside of the country, you will not face any problem since you have a valid AP. Good luck!

gimme_GC2006
07-31-2010, 07:15 PM
thank you..I hope everything goes well. Hopefully will get greened this time :)

gimme_GC2006
08-10-2010, 06:50 AM
alright..I came back without any problem.

Immigration at POE (Dulles airport) was breeze, first officer said, "oh..you have parole letter".
he checked something in the system and asked me to go inside..

Took baggage..went into customs...where they sent me into another room.

CBP officer took the AP..felt bad that I have been waiting since 2007 for GC..in < 5 mins, stamped and said, good luck..you are done.

Thats it.

reddy77
08-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Good to know and thanks for the update and hope your parents are doing well ...

vishwak
08-10-2010, 08:54 AM

Thats it.

Good to hear, Hope your parents are fine too.

Did you get your GC now?? All the best and thanks for sharing your experience at Dulles.

GCHope2011
08-10-2010, 09:20 AM

Immigration at POE (Dulles airport) was breeze, first officer said, "oh..you have parole letter".
he checked something in the system and asked me to go inside..

Took baggage..went into customs...where they sent me into another room.

CBP officer took the AP..felt bad that I have been waiting since 2007 for GC..in < 5 mins, stamped and said, good luck..you are done.

Thats it.
Welcome back and thanks for posting the conclusion of the thread.

Hope all is well on home front.

gimme_GC2006
08-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Good to know and thanks for the update and hope your parents are doing well ...

Good to hear, Hope your parents are fine too.

Did you get your GC now?? All the best and thanks for sharing your experience at Dulles.

Thank you. Parent is doing fine.Slowly recovering.

GC? no..I don't think I am going to get GC even this time also.
We had our FP done on July28th. Raised a SR on Aug-2, got a response on Aug-4th, that case is pending background checks, wait for 6 months before another followup.

I spoke to FBI customer service and they said they sent results on July 28th itself (I specifically asked if the results include background check also)

So as it stands, I have become a sucker this time also.:mad:

frostrated
08-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Thank you. Parent is doing fine.Slowly recovering.

GC? no..I don't think I am going to get GC even this time also.
We had our FP done on July28th. Raised a SR on Aug-2, got a response on Aug-4th, that case is pending background checks, wait for 6 months before another followup.

I spoke to FBI customer service and they said they sent results on July 28th itself (I specifically asked if the results include background check also)

So as it stands, I have become a sucker this time also.:mad:

It takes about 1 to 2 weeks for the information from FBI to be tied to your case. So when your SR was raised, the inormation might not have been available yet.

So, if you do not get greened by end of this month, raise another SR request or take an Infopass.

gimme_GC2006
08-10-2010, 10:01 AM
It takes about 1 to 2 weeks for the information from FBI to be tied to your case. So when your SR was raised, the inormation might not have been available yet.

So, if you do not get greened by end of this month, raise another SR request or take an Infopass.

Are you sure that it takes about 1 or 2 weeks? I have seen in this forum people getting approved few days after finger prints?

Just trying to understand, if it is a fact or gut feel