PDA

View Full Version : PIO card status

vinodkumar.balla
07-30-2010, 03:34 PM
We had applied for our son PIO card around on July 1st, in Embassey of India, Washington DC. They also require original passport to sent along with the package. Its been more than 30 days and no clue. No answers to eMail / Voice Mail / Fax ..., We already made travel arrangements on Aug16th and worried now. Can some one share your experience applying PIO card in Embassey of India, Washington DC. Appreciate your help !!!

worst case if i wont get PIO card after 1st week of August i am planing to go Washington, I have to travel from south carolina.will they provide me if i request PIO card.

pandu_hawaldar
07-30-2010, 04:54 PM
I just had experience with NY office, they did not reply to my emails, phone calls and had urgent travel requirement. I called directly to the consul's office and got my request expedite. I think you have enough time to get into more detailed inquiry, in worst case you can apply for visa, which technically should be a one day job (once you get visa appointment). For original documents, if you are applying in person, orignal documents are required, otherwise notorized copy should work. - IMHO.

spicy_guy
07-30-2010, 04:58 PM
We had applied for our son PIO card around on July 1st, in Embassey of India, Washington DC. They also require original passport to sent along with the package. Its been more than 30 days and no clue. No answers to eMail / Voice Mail / Fax ..., We already made travel arrangements on Aug16th and worried now. Can some one share your experience applying PIO card in Embassey of India, Washington DC. Appreciate your help !!!

worst case if i wont get PIO card after 1st week of August i am planing to go Washington, I have to travel from south carolina.will they provide me if i request PIO card.

May be its mandatory there. But usually originals are not required. You need to notarize the copies of PPs.

We applied in SFO, in person, and got it in 2 weeks!!!

vinodkumar.balla
08-01-2010, 11:46 PM
thank you for the information.
I would like to wait till this weekend if i wont get i would like to go to washington DC.
If i go to Indian embassy will the provide PIO card?

spicy_guy
08-02-2010, 12:59 AM
thank you for the information.
I would like to wait till this weekend if i wont get i would like to go to washington DC.
<b>If i go to Indian embassy will the provide PIO card?</b>

I am not sure I understand your question.

gc_maine2
08-02-2010, 08:46 AM
I have applied for PIO card for my daughter on June 23, so for i have not recieved it and had already made the travel plans for this month end. I have called so many times .. but no response.. Even i am planning to go to DC next week to check the status. Don't know how much time these guys take....

DSLStart
08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I applied PIO for my son 2 weeks ago (in person) at DC. When applying by mail they accept notarized copy of US pp then why do they keep the orignal when we apply in person? couldn't they just verify the orignal and return it back? Also the timeline for receiving PIO applied in mail is 45 days whereas for in person is 10-12 weeks (which was told by lady at counter). What kind of babu morons run this place?:mad:

spicy_guy
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
I applied PIO for my son 2 weeks ago (in person) at DC. When applying by mail they accept notarized copy of US pp then why do they keep the orignal when we apply in person? couldn't they just verify the orignal and return it back? Also the timeline for receiving PIO applied in mail is 45 days whereas for in person is 10-12 weeks (which was told by lady at counter). What kind of babu morons run this place?:mad:

Hmmm. sounds weird. Why do they want to keep originals if submitted copies of PP?
And it shouldn't take 10-12 weeks. As I mentioned, I got it in A WEEK!

thakkarbhav
08-02-2010, 04:44 PM
It takes 45 days for DC office to issue PIO card. Just count 45 days from the receipt date and visit them. They do not give any response to email/Phone/Fax.