PDA

View Full Version : Time between fingerprint notice and 485 approval

hope19
07-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi guys, my PD is getting current next month and I got a FP notice and got the biometrics done.

I've read a lot of posts that FP is an indication that your case is ready for adjurication. Any statistics on the average time between FP and 485 approval?

Thank you.

gssh
07-28-2010, 05:09 PM
I have priority date of Nov 5th, 2005 and I received a notice for biometrics a week back. Its getting current on August 1st. Lets hope this is some kind of sign.:)

fromnaija
07-28-2010, 05:27 PM
My priority date is not current and I got biometrics apppoint for August 18, 2010. Note that this is for only me, the principal applicant. There is no notice for my dependants.

I used to think that since they implemented biometrics storage system, BSS there was no need to repeat the biometrics collection!

USCIS may be using biometrics appointment to confirm if applicant is still pursuing GC, so don't miss your appointment!

bestofall
07-28-2010, 05:30 PM
I got 2 fp recently as my date is current.
keeping my fingers crossed.

but people with same PD got approvals with out 2 FP , I wonder why they are sending 2 FP for some people

fullhouse
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I got 2 fp recently as my date is current.
keeping my fingers crossed.

but people with same PD got approvals with out 2 FP , I wonder why they are sending 2 FP for some people

My wife (dependent) had biometrics appointment yesterday. This is her third notice since 485 filing. However, I had only one in 2007 and on a side note our 485 application took the NSC-CSC-NSC path.

vnandster
08-17-2010, 05:15 PM
My wife had a biometrics appointment today - they didn't send me (the primary applicant) the appointment letter.

There was a Chinese guy talking to the officer there. He said that he hadn't received the fingerprint notice and he would get current next month.

The immigration officer told him that if his fingerprints are not current, his 485 won't be approved even though visa numbers might be availalble.