PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee drivers license

sareesh
07-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Hello,
I renewed my drivers license without any issues with EAD but my wife could not renew hers. In service center they gave her a form and told her that her EAD card needs to be verified with INS. Once verification is done they will contact. Did this happen to anyone in TN?
Please let me know.

Thanks,
SG.

chanduv23
07-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Hello,
I renewed my drivers license without any issues with EAD but my wife could not renew hers. In service center they gave her a form and told her that her EAD card needs to be verified with INS. Once verification is done they will contact. Did this happen to anyone in TN?
Please let me know.

Thanks,
SG.

What kind of verification? Will they do it or you have to get it done?

Quadrucle
07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Try Renewing it through their website. When it was time for my license renewal, my visa was expired, and they said they cannot renew it. I was able to do it through online :)

sareesh
07-22-2010, 11:24 AM
when did you renew online? She cannot renew online. It says to go service center.

Quadrucle
07-22-2010, 12:06 PM
I renewed it in April. I couldnt do it for my wife as she was in H4 W/O SSN.

ivgclive
07-22-2010, 12:45 PM
"License" can only be issued to Citizens/LPRs, all other categories are issued a "Temporary License" which can not be renews online.

For some who got "License" before 2004 can continue renewing online until they enter a service center in future. (Legally it is not correct, but some continue doing that).

Where are you in Tennessee?

sareesh
07-22-2010, 11:22 PM
memphis,TN

ivgclive
07-23-2010, 12:16 AM
memphis,TN

OK. Find a bigger DMV station. OR send email to the dmv director office. the first option works well as some dmv staff are not aware of it.

Do not take your 'expired' so and so items including I-94, passport, expired visa.

Just your previous license, EAD and 2 utility bills. If you overload them with papers you are in trouble. They give preference to "expired" documents than "valid" document.

tamil12
07-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Hello,
Please let me know.

Thanks,
SG.

I had the same issue for self and my wife in atlanta DMV last year...Once you receive EAD it will not get updated in DMV verification system...

What I did was went to the DMV site and sent a mail....and got verified with in 8 dyas for both of us....So if u need License fast go and send a mail by providing your info.....else it will take own sweet time...

Horace Jones
07-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Here are some resources on the EAD card. Hope they help! EAD Card | Immigration Solutions Blog (http://www.immigrationsolution.net/immigration-solutions-blog/?tag=ead-card)