PDA

View Full Version : getting new B1 visa? what is the relatioship with my GC if any

ramreddy
07-20-2010, 05:52 PM
My Mom is a working professional having her own enterprise in India. She got 10 year Multiple Entry visa in past. How will they view her application ? will it have ANY bearing on the fact that I applied for GC and my PD is now current ?
PL let me know
Thx
Ram

snathan
07-20-2010, 06:27 PM
My Mom is a working professional having her own enterprise in India. She got 10 year Multiple Entry visa in past. How will they view her application ? will it have ANY bearing on the fact that I applied for GC and my PD is now current ?
PL let me know
Thx
Ram

B1 not a dual intent visa. Means you can not apply for GC while you are on B1. But I am not sure if your PD is current why its going to bother your mom's B1. Who is getting the GC and who is getting the B1

reddyram
07-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi Friend
My Mom is getting B1/B2 and I have applied for GC.
So I was trying to check if I get GC and then apply for B1/b2 for My Mom would it have any bearing.I know spouse cannot apply for B1/B2 if husband is on GC . So any relation with Mom.
Also another Q is , while filling up DS 160 , how should I convey the situation in terms of recommended approach - should I say that She is working and independent ( which is a fact ) and will be self - financing her accomodation and travel. In such a case, would she need to carry her tax returns etc at the appt or some bank balance statement OR Should I say she will be dependent on me - send in a bank statement that a letter confirming the same.
What is the better approach
Thanks again
Rama

snathan
07-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi Friend
My Mom is getting B1/B2 and I have applied for GC.
So I was trying to check if I get GC and then apply for B1/b2 for My Mom would it have any bearing.I know spouse cannot apply for B1/B2 if husband is on GC . So any relation with Mom.
Also another Q is , while filling up DS 160 , how should I convey the situation in terms of recommended approach - should I say that She is working and independent ( which is a fact ) and will be self - financing her accomodation and travel. In such a case, would she need to carry her tax returns etc at the appt or some bank balance statement OR Should I say she will be dependent on me - send in a bank statement that a letter confirming the same.
What is the better approach
Thanks again
Rama

You GC process should not have bearing on your mom's B1/B2. Its always good if she can prove her financial independence. So she should show tax return, Bank A/C or any other property documents.

reddyram
07-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Thank You very much Mr Nathan for the clear replies