View Full Version : Us visitor visa

07-14-2010, 07:10 PM

I want to file for visitor visa for my parents from Mumbai

Was wondering if anyone know of any agent/agency that would help them do the paperwork/create a folder of all documents needed for the interview.


07-23-2010, 02:57 PM
These people have reasonable fees , but you have to behind them now and often with a whip to get things done initially. I had used their parent company services TTK , ( exp was ok ) earlier but currently I am engaging their new offspring company .Hopefully things will fall in place.

::TT Enterprises:: (http://www.ttepl.com/)


07-24-2010, 12:04 AM

I want to file for visitor visa for my parents from Mumbai

Was wondering if anyone know of any agent/agency that would help them do the paperwork/create a folder of all documents needed for the interview.


Why don't you try to fill a mock application yourself? While doing that, you will exactly come to know which particular questions might confuse your parents. Help them out on those questions. Even if you get an agent, s/he won't be able to accompany them for the interview (I think).

07-24-2010, 01:02 AM
I used the agency only to avoid standing the in the 10 hr queues for HDFC bank and VFS.
The form - I filled myself and I insist on taking the appt myself online.
There are hardly any questions out there , hard to answer.
Whatever you fill out - u shd be able to justify ( and if needed objectively ) in the interview.

07-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Wow 10 hr queues for HDFC bank and VFS! Man, you must have real patience to deal with that.

He could try an immigration lawyer (http://www.powervisa.com) for help and that might speed up the process and iron out the details at the same time. I don't know if you have to have health insurance when you visit the US but it's probably a good idea. Maybe they can get some sort of medicare supplemental insurance (http://www.medicaresupplementshop.com/) while they're visiting.


01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
depends on when you can schedule the interview. you can do it online i think. available interview dates range from a week to 3 months from the time you booked it.

then you pay the application fee of $100.

03-26-2011, 03:59 AM
USA visitors visa is required by any foreign citizen who wants to enter into the United States. The US visa must be be stamped/ placed in the travelerís passport.
Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the U.S. without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel to USA.

Based on the purpose of the trip there can be a specific visa type. If the purpose of the trip is Tourism, business or medical treatment the visa is generally known as "B1/B2" visa.

The purpose of your intended travel and other facts regarding your plans will determine what type of visa is required under American immigration law. It's important to have information about the type of nonimmigrant visa you will need for travel, and the steps required to apply for the visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad.
Tourist Visa to USA

Tourist visa to USA is a short term nonimmigrant US visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for pleasure or tourism purpose. International travelers with tourist visa comprise a large portion of temporary visitor travel to the United States every year.

For how-to-apply for tourist visa information, documentation requirements and more, see the complete details on USA Tourist visa.

* Invitation letter for Tourist visa
* Tourist visa extension
Visitor visa for Parents

Immigrants living and working in United states may invite parents, relatives and friends from their home country to visit them in USA.
Parents who wish to visit their children in USA, can qualify for visitor visa ( B1/B2) visa.
This can be sponsored trip by their children. Since there can strict requirements and criteria to get a US visa including a strong financial prove, a sponsored trip can make your case easy.

See complete step by step process to get US Visitor Visa for parents.

*Immigrant vs. Non-Immigrant Visa
There are two types of USA Visas, immigrant and non-immigrant. In an immigrant visa, the applicant is applying for permanent residence in the United States. With a nonimmigrant visa, the applicant is visiting the United States for a temporary period of time for tourism, medical treatments, business, temporary study or temporary work. A visitor visa is a non-immigrant visa.