PDA

View Full Version : Consulate Appointment question

Morty
07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi All,

Q1) I would like to take a US consulate appointment for visitor's visa for my father. We are from southern Andhra Pradesh and Chennai consulate is convenient for us. Since Hyderabad has US consulate, does whole of Andhra come under HYD consulate jurisdiction? or can we take appointment in Chennai Consulate? Could you please let me know? My father is going for visa for the first time.

Q2) If visitor passport is expiring in next eight months and if the visitor is residing in US, is it possible to renew the passport here? Or the person has to go back to India and renew the passport there. I would just like to help my parents with the paper work and get it done if possible when they are here.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks.

sixburgh
07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Goto VFS india website at https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/Index.html.
They are responsible for appointments.
They have complete information.

Your parents can get a passport extended here too.
Check India consulate website about where you can mail the application where your parents are here

Morty
07-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks Sixburgh...

VFS site mentions that whole of Andhra falls under HYD jurisdiction. Probably it means that applicant if he/she going for visa first time, may not take appointment at other consulates.

Also, SF Indian consulate clearly mentions that they do not provide any services to short term visitors that includes visitors....