PDA

View Full Version : no visa dates at new delhi consulate

billu
07-06-2010, 08:37 AM
I have been looking for visitor visa dates for my in-laws at new delhi consulate since june 15 but have not seen a single available slot. i also e-mailed and called new delhi consulate and VFS but all they say is that dates are opened randomly and keep monitoring the website. Can anyone who made their appointment at new delhi consulate recently kindly guide me regarding what possible timings are best/advisable to look for visa dates at VFS website?is anyone else in same boat?lets help each other out.thanks.

sixburgh
07-06-2010, 08:50 AM
I am trying for a similar case for my h1b at mumbai and they have hardly any dates available.

gclabor07
07-06-2010, 09:35 AM
I've been trying for appointment for my mother in law for 2 months now at Mumbai consulate. There have been no appointments so far. The bad thing is that their form is not designed properly, and refreshes every time you select something. They should be able to collect our cell phone and send an SMS message when the appointments become available. This way, I won't have fill out all details every time I want to see appointment availability. Too much hassle for the for visa fees you pay.

dwyt
07-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I was in the same boat a few months back.
I wrote a detailed email to ambassador explaining the problem and since how many days I was trying to get the appointment and asked why there are no dates even upto one year and why there is not any waiting line.

I was sent the appointment date and time by email in the time period desired by me.

send the details of the visitor like name ,date of birth, address and passport number etc.

best of luck

mchatrvd
07-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey dwyt
Can you send me the email address where this mail needs to go? Also can you list all the details that need to go, so that they don't reject the request. i think this will help everyone desperately trying to get an appointment. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

sunnymit
07-06-2010, 10:57 AM
when my in-laws were trying to get Visa dates at the embassy. Called the embassy and someone there suggested to try during morning hours around 8am (India time) or so.. They said that's the best chance for you to get the visa date. We tried and voila! 2nd day we got the visa dates. I would suggest you try it out this way as well..

voicerj
07-06-2010, 11:44 AM
For Delhi consulate try everyday between 10pm to 1:00 am EST. They do open but it vanishes away in less then 15 minutes so keep checking regularly between this time.

billu
07-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I am trying for a similar case for my h1b at mumbai and they have hardly any dates available.

let us keep each other informed.if i find any dates at delhi,i'll let u now and u do the same. atleast we can look at those times and may be find a date.

billu
07-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I've been trying for appointment for my mother in law for 2 months now at Mumbai consulate. There have been no appointments so far. The bad thing is that their form is not designed properly, and refreshes every time you select something. They should be able to collect our cell phone and send an SMS message when the appointments become available. This way, I won't have fill out all details every time I want to see appointment availability. Too much hassle for the for visa fees you pay.

i called new delhi consulate and VFS and mentioned in detail about the situation. i also suggested some kind of communication like e-mail/sms when the dates are opened so that we dont have to sit in front of computer and keep checking every 5 minutes. but they seemed apathetic and repeatedly mentioned the line " dates are opened randomly and we cannot give you a specific time or dates when they will be opened"!!.it is a shame that in this day and age, US embassy/consulate does not have a better system/way of assigning appointments.

billu
07-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I was in the same boat a few months back.
I wrote a detailed email to ambassador explaining the problem and since how many days I was trying to get the appointment and asked why there are no dates even upto one year and why there is not any waiting line.

I was sent the appointment date and time by email in the time period desired by me.

send the details of the visitor like name ,date of birth, address and passport number etc.

best of luck

thanks a lot. could you please mention the name and the e-mail id of the ambassador so that we can contact them.

billu
07-06-2010, 01:29 PM
when my in-laws were trying to get Visa dates at the embassy. Called the embassy and someone there suggested to try during morning hours around 8am (India time) or so.. They said that's the best chance for you to get the visa date. We tried and voila! 2nd day we got the visa dates. I would suggest you try it out this way as well..

thanks a lot. could you please let me know how long back was that and which embassy was that. i have been trying at these times and also in evening IST but havent seen any dates available. i dont know if its the july rush or i am just unlucky.

billu
07-06-2010, 01:30 PM
For Delhi consulate try everyday between 10pm to 1:00 am EST. They do open but it vanishes away in less then 15 minutes so keep checking regularly between this time.

thanks a lot. i have been trying at those times since june 15 but havent seen a single date available even for a few minutes. could you let me know when did you see the dates available-was it pretty recent?thanks again.

sixburgh
07-06-2010, 02:01 PM
let us keep each other informed.if i find any dates at delhi,i'll let u now and u do the same. atleast we can look at those times and may be find a date.

Sure.

rashu_gulati
07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
I am also in the same boat. My dad got the HDFC recepit in september. We got blessed with a baby so i got busy and couldn't take his appointment. Now i am trying from last 1 month and there's no date. I am worried if it's the same situation we might lose the money spent on hdfc receipt

pappu
07-06-2010, 03:29 PM
This problem can be solved by contacting Department of State Officials here. If there are many members who are affected by this, we can assist. But you need to gather everyone on a thread and see if this campaign can have mass participation. People who wish to lead this can let us know and spread the word arund. I guess a lot of people should be affected including not just H1B and EAD folks but also Green Card holders trying to call relatives, citizens, students and even toursists. This maybe a big issue but IV cannot spend resources until we know how big it is and if there is a widespread support.

sixburgh
07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I already contacted them at 202-647-4000 and asked the switchboard operator to connect me to someone who deals with Mumbai Consulate. She transferred my line to an "India desk". I got voicemail greeting of a lady and I left her a message with details and my callback number.

I also have emailed VFS helpline and now emailed the main email address of Mumbai consulate. Lets see if someone responds!

gclabor07
07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I too contacted VFS a while back via email. They sent a standard boilerplate email stating same thing over and over again. They could have said it in one sentence, but no they had to ramble on and on. Here is the reply from VFS.

Kindly note the allocation of the interview appointments on VFS website is the sole discretion of the Embassy / Consulate.

The Consulate regularly reviews and allocates seats for different visa categories based on the requirement and availability of resources. If at any point of time you are not able to view a seat allocation as required, you are requested to check the website for the earliest available date.

We would like to inform you that the interview appointment dates are being released by the U.S. Consulate on a daily basis and same keeps constantly fluctuating depending on the appointment booking done by the applicants online. Hence, you are requested to keep checking the website regularly to view the appointments available and book them as and when they are released.

Please note that this is a busy season for travel to the U.S. and because of a very large volume of applicants scheduling appointment at this time, dates are quickly getting filled. We recommend that if you are unable to schedule an appointment after a few attempts, please try the system again after some time. We continue to schedule appointments for applicants every day, and we are working to accommodate as many applicants as possible.

Consulate release the interview date Each and Every day, however the timing are not fixed, The message that you get in red on the interview scheduling page indicates that there are no interviews slots released by the Consulate at that point of time. You will have to keep trying during the day and you will get available slots as and when they are released by the consulate.

sunnymit
07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
thanks a lot. could you please let me know how long back was that and which embassy was that. i have been trying at these times and also in evening IST but havent seen any dates available. i dont know if its the july rush or i am just unlucky.

we were trying at N. Delhi consulate. This is around Mar-Apr timeframe...

rashu_gulati
07-07-2010, 03:39 PM
As suggested by someone in the post i tried india time 8 -10 n the morning so ard 10:30 here, i got lucky and found july 29th and 3th open. I fixed one of the dates for my dad
I think we just have to keep trying atleast 5-6 times every day

sixburgh
07-07-2010, 04:29 PM
As suggested by someone in the post i tried india time 8 -10 n the morning so ard 10:30 here, i got lucky and found july 29th and 3th open. I fixed one of the dates for my dad

Is this for mumbai consulate?

dwyt
07-07-2010, 05:32 PM
thanks a lot. could you please mention the name and the e-mail id of the ambassador so that we can contact them.

u may go to embassy site for latest email id if it has changed since then, but i sent the same email to following 2 IDs --one to us embassy and another to vfs

NivND@state.gov

and

infousdelhi@vfshelpline.com

I sent the following email

Subject: Non Immigrant visa interview appointment date

Hello Sir / Madam

I'm trying to get Non Immigrant visa interview appointment date at Delhi Embassy from many days.
Everyday I get the same message that visa interview appointment date are not available, please check back in 24 hours.

Are there no dates available for the entire 2009 or there are no dates available for interview at any day in future ?

May I visit the local VFS center to get the appointment or the web is the only way where those mysterious 24 hours will never end ?

Thank you very much

May God bless India and Indians

I got this response from us embassy--

Please provide your name and passport number, in addition to your purpose of travel, so that we may consider your request.

Regards,

Visa Information Unit
U.S. Embassy, New Delhi

I got some autogenerated nonsense response from vfs people.

I sent all the information to us embassy like--

First Name-

Last Name--

Passport number--

Date of Birth--

HDFC receipt number-

Language of Interview--

Requested Interview date--Any earliest date after May 25, 2009.

Purpose of travel--

Then us embassy sent me the email with the appoitment date.......

Embassy of the United States of America
Consular Section
New Delhi, India

An expedited visa appointment is scheduled at the American
Consulate, New Delhi, on day, ..may-2009 at 09:45
AM.

Applicants must carry this confirmation to access the visa line on the
day of the interview. Applicants who have been denied a U.S. visa
within the previous year are not eligible to appear for this
appointment.

A completed and signed E-VISA application form (DS-156) is required.
ONLY E-VISA APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The E-VISA application form
(DS-156) is available on line at: Electronic Visa Application Forms - Instructions Page (http://evisaforms.state.gov). Please
print the completed application form using a LASER PRINTER.

THE VFS GENERATED BARCODED FORM IS NOT AN E-VISA FORM AND WILL NOT BE
ACCEPTED

IMPORTANT NOTICE: In the event that an appointment has already been
booked online via VFS, the online booking must be cancelled using the
cancelled option at: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx and proof of
cancellation must be presented at the interview.

NOTE: Being approved for this appointment has no bearing on the visa
outcome or the standard procedures you are expected to follow on the day
you appear for your interview. It does not expedite the processing of
your case once you arrive at the embassy; please join the correct line
and follow all instructions given during the interview process. The
approximate wait time after the initial processing is likely to exceed
one hour.

YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO YOUR VISA INTERVIEW:

* The applicant's valid passport

* One 2" x 2" photograph without borders, taken against a white
background within the last six months

* A completed and signed E-VISA application form (DS-156) available on
line at: Electronic Visa Application Forms - Instructions Page (http://evisaforms.state.gov)

* A completed Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-157 Form)
ONLY if you are a male, 15 to 45 years of age (form available online at:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html)

* A completed and signed DS-158 Form ONLY if you are applying for an
F-1, M-1 or J-1 visa available online at:
http://foia.state.gov/FORMS/visa/ds0158.pdf

* Visa Application Fee - Applicants must bring pink and blue copies of
the HDFC Bank Visa Fee Receipt with two bar code stickers, equivalent to
US$ 131 (current consular exchange rate is available at
Nonimmigrant Visa Fees - U.S. Embassy of the United States New Delhi, India (http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/nivvisafees.html)). This fee is
nonrefundable.

* Visa Issuance Fee - Indian and Bhutanese citizens, as well as holders
of the yellow Identity Certificates, are exempt from this fee. All
other nationalities must refer to the following website for the fee
schedules: http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/index.htm

For information on other Required Documents that apply to your visa
class, go to: Nonimmigrant Visas Required Documents - U.S. Embassy of the United States New Delhi, India (http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/nivreqdocuments.html)

For information on Forms go to:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

Sincerely,

Consular Emergency Appointments
U.S. Embassy, New Delhi

Best of luck

sunnymit
07-07-2010, 05:47 PM

am glad it worked out for you...

billu
07-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Could you please specify which consulate it was?i ws looking every 5 mins last night for new delhi but could not see any openings.

billu
07-07-2010, 06:34 PM
u may go to embassy site for latest email id if it has changed since then, but i sent the same email to following 2 IDs --one to us embassy and another to vfs

NivND@state.gov

and

infousdelhi@vfshelpline.com

I sent the following email

Subject: Non Immigrant visa interview appointment date

Hello Sir / Madam

I'm trying to get Non Immigrant visa interview appointment date at Delhi Embassy from many days.
Everyday I get the same message that visa interview appointment date are not available, please check back in 24 hours.

Are there no dates available for the entire 2009 or there are no dates available for interview at any day in future ?

May I visit the local VFS center to get the appointment or the web is the only way where those mysterious 24 hours will never end ?

Thank you very much

May God bless India and Indians

I got this response from us embassy--

Please provide your name and passport number, in addition to your purpose of travel, so that we may consider your request.

Regards,

Visa Information Unit
U.S. Embassy, New Delhi

I got some autogenerated nonsense response from vfs people.

I sent all the information to us embassy like--

First Name-

Last Name--

Passport number--

Date of Birth--

HDFC receipt number-

Language of Interview--

Requested Interview date--Any earliest date after May 25, 2009.

Purpose of travel--

Then us embassy sent me the email with the appoitment date.......

Embassy of the United States of America
Consular Section
New Delhi, India

An expedited visa appointment is scheduled at the American
Consulate, New Delhi, on day, ..may-2009 at 09:45
AM.

Applicants must carry this confirmation to access the visa line on the
day of the interview. Applicants who have been denied a U.S. visa
within the previous year are not eligible to appear for this
appointment.

A completed and signed E-VISA application form (DS-156) is required.
ONLY E-VISA APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The E-VISA application form
(DS-156) is available on line at: Electronic Visa Application Forms - Instructions Page (http://evisaforms.state.gov). Please
print the completed application form using a LASER PRINTER.

THE VFS GENERATED BARCODED FORM IS NOT AN E-VISA FORM AND WILL NOT BE
ACCEPTED

IMPORTANT NOTICE: In the event that an appointment has already been
booked online via VFS, the online booking must be cancelled using the
cancelled option at: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx and proof of
cancellation must be presented at the interview.

NOTE: Being approved for this appointment has no bearing on the visa
outcome or the standard procedures you are expected to follow on the day
you appear for your interview. It does not expedite the processing of
your case once you arrive at the embassy; please join the correct line
and follow all instructions given during the interview process. The
approximate wait time after the initial processing is likely to exceed
one hour.

YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO YOUR VISA INTERVIEW:

* The applicant's valid passport

* One 2" x 2" photograph without borders, taken against a white
background within the last six months

* A completed and signed E-VISA application form (DS-156) available on
line at: Electronic Visa Application Forms - Instructions Page (http://evisaforms.state.gov)

* A completed Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-157 Form)
ONLY if you are a male, 15 to 45 years of age (form available online at:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html)

* A completed and signed DS-158 Form ONLY if you are applying for an
F-1, M-1 or J-1 visa available online at:
http://foia.state.gov/FORMS/visa/ds0158.pdf

* Visa Application Fee - Applicants must bring pink and blue copies of
the HDFC Bank Visa Fee Receipt with two bar code stickers, equivalent to
US$ 131 (current consular exchange rate is available at
Nonimmigrant Visa Fees - U.S. Embassy of the United States New Delhi, India (http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/nivvisafees.html)). This fee is
nonrefundable.

* Visa Issuance Fee - Indian and Bhutanese citizens, as well as holders
of the yellow Identity Certificates, are exempt from this fee. All
other nationalities must refer to the following website for the fee
schedules: http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/index.htm

For information on other Required Documents that apply to your visa
class, go to: Nonimmigrant Visas Required Documents - U.S. Embassy of the United States New Delhi, India (http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/nivreqdocuments.html)

For information on Forms go to:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

Sincerely,

Consular Emergency Appointments
U.S. Embassy, New Delhi

Best of luck

thanks for the info. i had e-mailed to those two e-mail ids in june. both of them replied that the other agency is responsible for releasing dates and they had that same 3-4 lines that shows up when you dont see any calendar on visa appointment site. in addition, new delhi consulate replied that if it was an emergency, i could let them know the reason for emergency with documentation and be prepared to answer during interview the reason for emergency and they could give me an emergency appointment. i replied back that i do not have any emergency but have been looking for dates since mid june. i asked them that if someone does not have emrgency,does it mean that they have to keep looking for dates for 1/2/3 months until they get it??they havent replied yet.

dwyt
07-07-2010, 06:55 PM
thanks for the info. i had e-mailed to those two e-mail ids in june. both of them replied that the other agency is responsible for releasing dates and they had that same 3-4 lines that shows up when you dont see any calendar on visa appointment site. in addition, new delhi consulate replied that if it was an emergency, i could let them know the reason for emergency with documentation and be prepared to answer during interview the reason for emergency and they could give me an emergency appointment. i replied back that i do not have any emergency but have been looking for dates since mid june. i asked them that if someone does not have emrgency,does it mean that they have to keep looking for dates for 1/2/3 months until they get it??they havent replied yet.

In my case neither I said that I have an emergency nor they asked me.

Your approach is the same as was mine---try to get the appointment if they can give or atleast make US embassy aware that this system of booking appointment is frustating and need lot of improvement.
keep on trying and best of luck.

billu
07-08-2010, 07:47 PM
has anyone got any luck with visa dates yet?

gcsim
07-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi,
last night I got lucky!!! have been trying for my in-laws for past one month.Last night I started trying at about 10:00 p.m. and got the dates at around 10:45 p.m., I was trying non stop...I had choice for 3 dates 27,29 and 30th of july. I would like to suggest to keep trying every night..although its very frustrating but you will get the dates...this was for delhi consulate..

All the Best
Sim

sixburgh
07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
As I write this today 10:30 am AM ET Jul 7 2010
mumbai consulate is showing lots of dates.
I just got an appt for Jul 30th
I could select dates, so i chose 30th.
Thats what i wanted anyways.
I could not select time, they gave it randomly.
This is for H1.
This whole process is crazy though.
I tried all night last 2-3 weeks and nothing showed up
Today morning I was not even going to try.
I just thought, well try me try again, just for the heck of it.
And I got through.
Yes lucky is probably the right word.

gclabor07
07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I also got lucky yesterday. I scheduled an appointment for visitor visa for my mother in law. Here are a couple of tips.

1) Try it right around at 10:30pm EST, as someone had already suggested.

2) Have all documents handy. If you fill out the form slowly, you lose it. I lost it on a couple of days.

3) Instead of going to the link "Earliest Available Appointment", go directly to "VFS online appointment system". Have multiple pages open in tabs at the same time with passport expiry date already filled in, but don't click Continue. Both these pages require the same information. This saves time from having to fill in information twice if you went to Earliest Available Appointment.

Hope this helps.

billu
07-09-2010, 01:35 PM
I also got lucky yesterday. I scheduled an appointment for visitor visa for my mother in law. Here are a couple of tips.

1) Try it right around at 10:30pm EST, as someone had already suggested.

2) Have all documents handy. If you fill out the form slowly, you lose it. I lost it on a couple of days.

3) Instead of going to the link "Earliest Available Appointment", go directly to "VFS online appointment system". Have multiple pages open in tabs at the same time with passport expiry date already filled in, but don't click Continue. Both these pages require the same information. This saves time from having to fill in information twice if you went to Earliest Available Appointment.

Hope this helps.

thanks a lot. i will keep trying. i had a question- do they ever open dates on a weekend i.e. saturday and sunday indian time.....also when do you think they will open up august dates-next week or after July 15?......thanks a lot

billu
07-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi,
last night I got lucky!!! have been trying for my in-laws for past one month.Last night I started trying at about 10:00 p.m. and got the dates at around 10:45 p.m., I was trying non stop...I had choice for 3 dates 27,29 and 30th of july. I would like to suggest to keep trying every night..although its very frustrating but you will get the dates...this was for delhi consulate..

All the Best
Sim

thanks a lot.i have been trying too for hindi appointment for my in-laws at delhi but have had no luck till now. could you let me knw ithe time zone if it ws EST 10.45pm?.....i ws checking till 11pm EST yesterday but did not see any dates!!

sixburgh
07-09-2010, 02:14 PM
thanks a lot. i will keep trying. i had a question- do they ever open dates on a weekend i.e. saturday and sunday indian time.....also when do you think they will open up august dates-next week or after July 15?......thanks a lot

I dont think they are open on weekends.
Also Mumbai VFS helpline told me that the dates are released by the consulate in an order.
For example till yesterday evening only Monday JUL 19 2010 to FRI JUL 23 2010, dates were showing up as green. Once the dates were filled up, then the consulates opens the next 1 or 2 weeks.
The moment they open up dates, the VFS site slows down, indicating that people are booking like crazy.
Some consulates open up only 1 or 2 days instead of 1 or 2 weeks.
So I guess one has to keep trying continuously.

My take on this is:
- when the consulates open at 8 am, within 1-2 hours they update their database which is probably what VFS uses.
- Its also possible that they update at a later time in the day.

Based on that, I recommend that everyone stay awake from 11 pm ET to 1 am ET and keep trying. Get up in the morning, try once from home, then go to work and try from work again at 8 am, until its the EOD in India.

sixburgh
07-09-2010, 02:16 PM
And yes do this every day until your desired date appears.

Also as per VFS, note that emergency appointments are auto generated for 4 days after you invoke the emergency out of turn option.

rashu_gulati
07-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I got my dad's appointment at delhi consulate. keep trying during 10 est-12 est
i was trying from last 3 mths and then someone suggested to try during these hrs

gcsim
07-09-2010, 08:25 PM
it is EST...I got english appointment for them..

billu
07-12-2010, 08:27 AM
did anyone get lucky yesterday?i ws trying since 8pm EST to 1am sunday evening which is monday morning IST and then again from 4am EST to 8am EST monday morning which is evening time IST but no luck.....does anyone know when can we expect august dates to be opened?

mchatrvd
07-19-2010, 08:49 AM
This problem can be solved by contacting Department of State Officials here. If there are many members who are affected by this, we can assist. But you need to gather everyone on a thread and see if this campaign can have mass participation. People who wish to lead this can let us know and spread the word arund. I guess a lot of people should be affected including not just H1B and EAD folks but also Green Card holders trying to call relatives, citizens, students and even toursists. This maybe a big issue but IV cannot spend resources until we know how big it is and if there is a widespread support.
Pappu
What exactly you want us to do? This thing is getting ridiculous day by day. There are lot of people having issues scheduling the visa appointment dates. Dept of State needs to seriously look into this. Me along with many other people are frustrated. Please advise.

Thanks

smuggymba
07-19-2010, 09:21 AM
have been trying to schedule a visa date for my niece to come here during summer....summer vacations are about to end but no visa dates.

The message from VFS says that this is a busy season and come back again. Really disgusting, have to work hard and harp over such simple things.

pappu
07-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Pappu
What exactly you want us to do? This thing is getting ridiculous day by day. There are lot of people having issues scheduling the visa appointment dates. Dept of State needs to seriously look into this. Me along with many other people are frustrated. Please advise.

Thanks

Please collect as many people as you can. 4-5 people in a campaign would not make any impact. It needs to be seen as a widespread problem to be solved. Please also create a letter draft that you wish to send to Dept of State requesting them to fix this problem. Have several others review your draft and finalize it. Post about this campaign on other sites and get everyone together on this thread.

mchatrvd
07-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Everyone
Let me know who all want to support this campaign and we can work together to draft the letter.

Thanks

billu
07-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I am in. i will post about this on other sites (i already have on a few sites). we need more people. come on guys let us make a difference rather than cribbing.

nmdial
07-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Count me in, too.