PDA

View Full Version : Complete Blackout of Visitor's visa in New Delhi Consulate

Hello_Hello
06-05-2010, 01:30 PM
The US consulate in New Delhi have this noble way of giving Visitor's visa appointments. Now they 'release' interview dates for 15-20 minutes during any time in the day, and on some days they don't release any dates. You have to sit in front of the computer all day and keep trying every 5 minutes and keep your eyes towards the sky to pray to 'God'. I have been trying for last 2 weeks to get appointment for my parents but 'No success'.
DOS/Consulates have ways to do things what you would imagine is 'impossible'

la6470
06-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Well, that means that the american consulate only wants people who have no work to do or people who have a personal secretary to constratly hit the F5 button to be able to come to USA. Obviously that means either you have to be a rich unemployed or an ultra rich industrialist to come to USA. Dude - take a hint .. no place for Indian middle class in USA anymore!

gc_perm2k6
06-05-2010, 02:21 PM
They open the dates randomly. Couple of times I filled the form too for my Dad. At the end they ask if there is companion, try to add my mom there, and boom, the date is gone!!!!!

Daily they release for same day next week, i.e. monday they release for next monday, but suddenly friday they released for 24-25th june!!!

I will appreciate any good suggestions!!!!!

Hello_Hello
06-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Worst thing is you can't do F5 and see the info. You need to enter some info. & a screen code every time you seek the info. It is very frustrating, and more than that it is the dejected feeling which is troubling me. How these big names like Clinton talk about Indian US relationship, but on the ground level they don't even want Indian visitors to visit their families in US. they ignore the fact all these Indian visitors are actually running the places like statue of liberty, Niagara falls and many theme parks. If Indians stop going these places lot of these places will go out of business..
Well, that means that the american consulate only wants people who have no work to do or people who have a personal secretary to constratly hit the F5 button to be able to come to USA. Obviously that means either you have to be a rich unemployed or an ultra rich industrialist to come to USA. Dude - take a hint .. no place for Indian middle class in USA anymore!

immigrationmatters30
06-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Dude come on. Liberty will not close just because someone is not visiting from India. I understand you are frustrated but come on please stop making absurd statements (and stop reading Indian media/news). I got an appointment for mother-in-law couple of weeks ago and yes it is very frustrating that they donít make some kind of queue or something so that they can provide dates FIFO.

Worst thing is you can't do F5 and see the info. You need to enter some info. & a screen code every time you seek the info. It is very frustrating, and more than that it is the dejected feeling which is troubling me. How these big names like Clinton talk about Indian US relationship, but on the ground level they don't even want Indian visitors to visit their families in US. they ignore the fact all these Indian visitors are actually running the places like statue of liberty, Niagara falls and many theme parks. If Indians stop going these places lot of these places will go out of business..

gc_perm2k6
06-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Dude come on. Liberty will not close just because someone is not visiting from India. I understand you are frustrated but come on please stop making absurd statements (and stop reading Indian media/news). I got an appointment for mother-in-law couple of weeks ago and yes it is very frustrating that they donít make some kind of queue or something so that they can provide dates FIFO.

Ok, lets stop diverting the topic. If anyone has any tips or tricks that can help with this, or know consultants who are effective in getting it faster, please let me know.

Many Thanks.

sanju_dba
06-06-2010, 12:03 AM
OP,
about 6 years back it was like you would block the date just like that.
about 4 years back they changed to prepay the fee then block it ( improved ).
but now, what you described is frustating, hope they will resolve this issue soon.

gcinprogress
06-06-2010, 12:39 AM
The US consulate in New Delhi have this noble way of giving Visitor's visa appointments. Now they 'release' interview dates for 15-20 minutes during any time in the day, and on some days they don't release any dates. You have to sit in front of the computer all day and keep trying every 5 minutes and keep your eyes towards the sky to pray to 'God'. I have been trying for last 2 weeks to get appointment for my parents but 'No success'.
DOS/Consulates have ways to do things what you would imagine is 'impossible'

If you call them up, they'd tell you what time of the day they'd open the dates (for 15-30 minutes of course) for visitor visa. I had the same problem in Mumbai consulate but this trick worked instantly.