PDA

View Full Version : Contact your lawyers: Seek their support and participation

pappu
06-03-2010, 09:29 AM
We have a $500 contribution from Attorney Prashanthi Reddy. We thank her for the contribution. She will also be coming to DC to join us in our meetings, volunteer her time on 8th June and attend Congressional reception. We thank her for her support. She has also posted on her blog. Law Offices of Prashanthi Reddy | American Immigration Attorney (http://www.prashanthiblog.com/) and will be sending emails to all her clients to take part in this event.

Murthy.com has also posted on her website about this event and we expect her participation in the reception.

Please forward the information about this event to your lawyers and seek their support and contribution. Please ask them to post on their website. Immigration Voice will publicly acknowledge their contribution and help them in publicity effort on our site.

pappu
06-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Here is a letter template you can use to send out to your lawyers:

======================
Dear XXXX,

On June 7th and June 8th 2010, around 150 high-skilled professionals including scientists, engineers and doctors will converge in Washington DC to meet with the nationís lawmakers on Capitol Hill and impress upon the urgent need for Comprehensive Immigration Reform. The intent of this wide-ranging two day advocacy event, coordinated by Immigration Voice, will be to highlight the plight of about a million high-skilled professionals and their families who are unable to obtain permanent residence or green card due to a broken immigration system. We have planned over 300 Congressional meetings on the Hill, meeting over half the Congress in two days, to petition the federal government for fix green card backlogs.

On behalf of Immigration Voice, I would like to invite you to Congressional Reception organized on behalf of highly skilled immigrants. The reception is at U.S. Capitol Visitors Center, Room HVC-200, at 5:30pm-7:30pm on June 8th. Additional details of this planned advocacy event can be viewed at the following URL Ė
Immigration Voice Advocacy Days in Washington DC: 7th & 8th June, Announcement: 2010
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1437978-iv-announcement-advocacy-days-in-washington-dc-7th-and-8th-june.html

Immigration Voice is a grassroots organization that relies heavily on the strong resolve and support of its members and patrons to bring about effective reform to this nationís high-skilled immigration system. We welcome your monetary contributions that will go a long way in sustaining our activities and efforts to advocate Comprehensive Immigration Reform. Please refer to the URL below to read details of our current ongoing Funding Drive followed by a link to details of ways to contribute.

Funding drive: IV needs your support for Advocacy events in DC
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/1534974-funding-drive-iv-needs-your-support-for-advocacy-events-in-dc.html

How to Contribute?
ImmigrationVoice.org - Questions on Contributions? (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44)
It would be great if you could post the information about the Advocacy day on your website. This would enable us to not only get more participants for this event, but also spread awareness and confidence among Immigrants that petitioning their lawmakers is a perfectly legal way of getting this problem fixed.

We deeply appreciate your ongoing support and patronage of our cause and look forward to continue working together to ensure that our lawmakers act immediately to usher in Comprehensive Immigration Reform.

Please contact us for any questions or information

Thank you

newuser
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
E-mailed to my attorney's office and asked my friends to do the same.

pappu
06-04-2010, 02:24 PM
We have recieved 2K from Law offices of Sheela Murthy. Immigration Voice thanks for their contribution.

silibili
06-04-2010, 04:07 PM
thanks for the template. I have also mailed my lawyers office.

garybanz
06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I have mailed my attorney. Will keep you updated.

Regards.

GreenMe
06-05-2010, 01:19 AM
I mailed the letter to my immigration attorney yesterday.