PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprinting Query - Taking Infants

camphor
12-07-2007, 10:38 PM
My wife and I are scheduled to go for fingerprinting this month. We have a year old son and obviously we are planning to take him with us as well. Do I need to take any form of ID / birth certificate of my son (obviously he is not to be fingerprinted) but not sure what the rules are with respect to carrying infants for the interview. Anyone who has fingerprinted in a similar situation?

leo2606
12-07-2007, 10:52 PM
I went to Baltimore USCIS FP center.They ask ID at the counter only if you are getting your fingers printed, and this counter is actually tokens issuing counter inside, there was no security or anything at the entrance.I have seen several families with kids.I guess it is going to be the same in other locations.

My wife and I are scheduled to go for fingerprinting this month. We have a year old son and obviously we are planning to take him with us as well. Do I need to take any form of ID / birth certificate of my son (obviously he is not to be fingerprinted) but not sure what the rules are with respect to carrying infants for the interview. Anyone who has fingerprinted in a similar situation?

archpai
12-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi,
I took my 2.5 year old to the FP.
The security officer did not ask anything about him.I was allowed to go with my son.There was no problem.

camphor
12-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Thanks guys for the response !

hebron
12-08-2007, 02:42 AM

We took our 17 month old daughter with us. You should not have a problem with that.

BTW, The only problem we had was that our daughter was scared of the tough looking security guy and she started crying as soon as she saw him and we had a hard time consoling her :)