PDA

View Full Version : I-140 premium processing...

ramb
09-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi experts...
I just received notice that Labor has been cleared. My 6yr H-1 cap ends Jan 07 & my PD is Jan 05. With I-140 prem processing started, should I push my company to do that for me? Would that be of any extra benefit? If I understand correctly it is nothing but wait for i-485 so concurrent filing would not apply to me, right?

Thanks

ss1026
09-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Congrats on your labor approval. You are quite lucky to have an approval so early for a Jan 2005 case. I have a feb 2005 labor pending with the PBEC. Anyway, I think there is a good benefit in having an approved I-140. You could then apply for a 3 year extension for your H-1B instead of yearly extensions that your are eligible due to a pending labor application. Good luck

eb3retro
09-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Congrats on your labor approval. You are quite lucky to have an approval so early for a Jan 2005 case. I have a feb 2005 labor pending with the PBEC. Anyway, I think there is a good benefit in having an approved I-140. You could then apply for a 3 year extension for your H-1B instead of yearly extensions that your are eligible due to a pending labor application. Good luck

my friend's labor is waiting with pbec and his pd is sep2002. imagine his situation.

theperm
09-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi guys....I am sort of in a situation here...I have my Labor & I-140 approved. I haven`t gotten my h1-b stamped though
I have some related questions:
I am originally from Mumbai & got my passport issued from there. Can I get my H1-b stamping done in delhi instead of mumbai ? the reason being mumbai appointments are far off in march
my 2nd question is, after the stamping , if I want to switch companies, since both labor & I-140 are approved will I be able to retain my priorty date ???
will really appreciate ur answers !
Thanks!

alterego
09-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I thought this was the best place to post this question that I have.

If I have an approved labour and 140 from company A with my 6th yr H1b completion in March 2007.

If I leave for a new company B who agrees to restart my greencard application. Am I eligible for 3 yr H1b extension based on my approved 140 from company A.
I am unclear whether the extension would be available only if I continue with company A or even if I move provided my 140 is left open.

I have a good offer from company B bur want to stay here beyond March 2007!

Input appreciated.

dan19
09-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi,

I applied for 140 in premium process. It got approved in just 2 days!!!! (including the day it was delivered)

Hi experts...
I just received notice that Labor has been cleared. My 6yr H-1 cap ends Jan 07 & my PD is Jan 05. With I-140 prem processing started, should I push my company to do that for me? Would that be of any extra benefit? If I understand correctly it is nothing but wait for i-485 so concurrent filing would not apply to me, right?

Thanks

vattam
09-05-2006, 06:38 PM
I got stamped from Delhi embassy, original stamping was from chennai, no questions were asked