PDA

View Full Version : What docs for fingerprints and how it will be at the Uscis office?

GC4US
12-03-2007, 10:56 PM
I have an appointment for fingerprints tomorrow and I would like to ask you what documents should I bring.....and how is going to be there..is it going to be an interview...do they ask you something...how should I get ready for this biometrics?..do they need to take a picture of you?

Thanks in advance..I would really appreciate this!

TomPlate
12-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Take your passport and license.
Then you will checked by the security.
Inside they will be giving you a form to fill it up.
Then after completion they will call you for taking biometrics.
left hand and then one by one finger.
right hand and then one by one finger.
They will complete within 30 min.

gc28262
12-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Documents needed:

Fingerprint notice original document
ID: Drivers License/Passport ( both preferred )

Please refer to the thread below ( 1st Message on the thread for a detailed experience description from Bharatpremi )

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14923

BTW they don't allow any cellphones/bags etc. Go with just your documents. Otherwise they will ask you to comeback without cell phones/bags etc.

gc_chahiye
12-04-2007, 02:40 AM
I have an appointment for fingerprints tomorrow and I would like to ask you what documents should I bring.....and how is going to be there..is it going to be an interview...do they ask you something...how should I get ready for this biometrics?..do they need to take a picture of you?

just chill. I had my FP at the Oakland ASC, and the people there were very nice and helpful. You need to show your FP notice and some form of ID (I took passport though driving license should also be ok). There is a simple form you fill
out (name /address/ dob/ receipt_number/ eye-color/ hair-color etc) after which
they call you to a little booth where they take your fingerprints, you sign a
little electronic pad, and say cheese to the camera.
Could get crowded so plan on arriving 15 minutes earlier than your appointed time.

It was a nice, pleasant experience. Bring a book with you just in case wait
times are bad (was an hour in my case), though you can also spend time
watching TV (they were showing Spiderman that day) or discussing the last
VB and making predictions about the next one, or just sharing immigration
stories with the fellow immigrant sitting next to you. Make friends. If the
person sitting next to you does not know about IV, nice chance to tell him.
In fact its the best place for spreading word about IV, everyone there is in
the same boat :)
If your PD is old, shave well and look nice and neat, if your 485 is gets approved, thats teh picture they'll put on your GC. If your PD is like mine, you can even forgo your bath...

hpandey
12-04-2007, 11:09 AM

Its quite cool man... don't panic

No one asks anything.. just take your FP notice and driving license\passport ( both I would say ) . Show them to the person at the reception and they will hand you a number and a form to fill out ( name, dob, ssn, colour of eyes , height etc etc ) . Make sure you reach 15-20 min before your FP and you would have plenty of time to fill it out. Then when they call your number another person will check your form that you have filled it out correctly and then you will be sent in for FP. They will clean your fingers with a wet cloth ( at least in Boston ) and then take prints of all 10 together as well as individually. Lastly they will take your digital photograph and ask you if you are satisfied with it ( or else they will take it again ).

That's it you are done !

Chill out ..:D