PDA

View Full Version : Respond to antis @ IV related article on Detroit Free Press

walking_dude
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM
It's a reprint of the story featured in a North Carolina newspaper. Kudos to IV members spreading IV message across US, MI included

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071123/NEWS07/711230422/1009

As usual anti-Immigrants are at their favourite pastime of planting false figures and information to defame EB immigrants. I've responded to them using real facts and figures.

It's very important we do not leave these discussions to be one-sided show run by antis. If we are concerned about rise in bigotry in US society, it's time we countered these sensationalists (so-called 'populists') with real facts and figures.

http://forums.freep.com/viewtopic.php?t=63334

gc_bulgaria
11-30-2007, 01:57 PM
It's a reprint of the story featured in a North Carolina newspaper. Kudos to IV members spreading IV message across US, MI included

As usual anti-Immigrants are at their favourite pastime of planting false figures and information to defame EB immigrants. I've responded to them using real facts and figures.

It's very important we do not leave these discussions to be one-sided show run by antis. If we are concerned about rise in bigotry in US society, it's time we countered these sensationalists (so-called 'populists') with real facts and figures.

Great rebuttals!
:D

Kumbakonam
11-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Excellent answers, WD, and I red them at least 10 times, again and again.:)

Regards,
K

swamy
11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
well done

eb3_nepa
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
well done

Excellent responses. Shut those ppl RIGHT up. One suggestion. People here call Mathematics as Math and not MathS.

singhsa3
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Simple math:
If ignoring extension beyond 6 years and assuming none of the people got their green cards then given that
H-1B is valid for 6 years
Each year quota is 65K
Then there should be 65x6= 390K H-1Bs in the pipeline, No where close to 1 Million or 600 k

walking_dude
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys. Special thanks to 'AngelOfLight' - if that came from an IV member.

Let's post more comments to represent our side of the story.

Green.Tech
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Excellent work, walking dude!

lazycis
11-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks guys. Special thanks to 'AngelOfLight' - if that came from an IV member.

Let's post more comments to represent our side of the story.

You are welcome, dude :)

walking_dude
11-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Done. Posted your second one, Macaca. I don't think antis have enough IQ to understand your first one :D

grupak
11-30-2007, 03:00 PM
going WD. That news article is making positive impact here in NC.

walking_dude
11-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Special thanks to NC leaders for leading this great effort :)

going WD. That news article is making positive impact here in NC.

logiclife
11-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Here is how the Antis do the math.

Each H1 is a new person for them.

When a person first comes here on H1, that counts as 1 H1. Then, when he applies for renewal after 3 years, that's another H1. (H1 is never granted for more than 3 years at a time).

Then, when a person changes job and transfers to another employer within the 3 year person, that counts as 1 H1.

So if someone has been here in USA, who came here in 1999, doesnt have greencard yet, and has never changed employer, then that person would have renewed H1 atleast 3 times. That counts as 3 H1s in Lou Dobbs mathematics. Even though its one person.

The number is individuals is a lot less than number of H1s issued, because in 6 year period, each person would need 2 H1 petitions (one for original, one for extension) at a minimum.

There is an entire cottage industry in Washington DC that is dedicated to fudging the numbers, creating neat PDF reports and influencing congress with fudged numbers. CIS, NumbersUSA etc are some of them.

Based on what you believe, you can find hundreds of such orgs that are non-profit, for-profit, etc within 5 mile radius of Congressional offices. Their job is to raise funds and generate reports that fit the ideology of the one who finances their policy paper.

I can go and write a check of $10,000 to one org and $10,000 to another org and ask each of them to do entirely opposite things. Each of them will come up with irrefutable evidence - One saying H1B and EB greencards are great, the other saying the opposite. The conclusion of such policy studies depends on the direction from which the checks are coming.

And then, people like Lou Dobbs will pick and choose the one that fits their thinking and the thinking of its audience. Its not just immigration, all policies are fudged in math like that. Social security is in crisis. Social security is not in crisis. Medicare is in crisis. Medicare is not in crisis. Immigrants add to US economy. Immigrants are destroying/invading/killing/annihilating America.

The 5 mile radius around congress is like a Walmart of policy papers and studies. You can find things for everyone. Pro-immigration, anti-immigration, pro free trade, anti free trade, pro taxes, anti taxes, pro abortion, anti abortion, pro univeral health care, anti universal health care. And if a readymade report is not available, you can always get one tailor made with few thousand dollars. Its pathetic really.

However, my question to all native born American job seekers and their employers and their elected representatives is :

If we immigrants are so bad for you, when why do you still have 65,000 new skilled immigrants coming in each year, and why do you still have programs that plan to give our 140,000 green cards to those who choose to stay here beyond the 6-year temporary term? Why dont you just end the programs so that we can go back to our countries and be on the receiving end of outsourcing?

And what were all you guys doing when most industrialized nations were pushing for globalization, free-trade, WTO etc ? If you wanted protectionism and mercantilism, when why didnt you oppose WTO like the people of Seattle did? Why didnt you listen to Ross Perot in the 1990s? Heck, as late as 2000, you had a choice of electing a protectionist, anti-free-trade President, Patrick Buchanan. What were you guys doing voting for Bush and Gore. Should have voted for Buchanan back then, none of this nonsense would have bothered you. No free trade, hence no outsourcing. Plus the added benefit of getting a bonafide anti-immigrant like Pat Buchanan.

And if you are having a buyer's remorse after having bought into free-trade - that is now promoting outsourcing of jobs and competition for jobs from foreign nationals - then how is it the fault of immigrants?

walking_dude
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks Macaca for those links.

Someone please come forward and continue the task of posting articles + links given by Macaca. I don't want to be the only one posting inordinate number of comments ! Careful with links - IV has a way of garbling them if they happen to be long !

walking_dude
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
LogicLife,

I intend to post an extract of your post, with edits of course :)

priderock
11-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Good job WD. The three steps are a kicker :)......learn math :):)

wa_Saiprasad
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
WD and MECCA you guys are kicking their ______ well. Keep up the great work.

needhelp!
11-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the work in responding to each and every one of their baseless comments.

iptel
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I admire your eloquence.

gc67890
11-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Well analyzed replies

cagedcactus
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Bravo guys.... Bravo......

What an excellent job. I printed all the posts and gave my american co workers some read time..... :D
I think we educated a lot of people today.....

Many many thanks to our leaders here and specially to WD.
I am proud to say that I belong to same group as WD.....

abhijitp
11-30-2007, 08:23 PM
You rock, WalkingDude and Macaca!

(I just did my bit there...)

santb1975
11-30-2007, 11:45 PM
I am proud of being part of this group

kumar_77
12-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Hello,

If no H1B's and Green Cards , why give Student visas in hundreds of thousands ......Is it " BECAUSE THEY PAY 200% TUITION " :mad:

YES NORMALLY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS PAY 200% TUITION ...

chanduv23
12-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Hello,

If no H1B's and Green Cards , why give Student visas in hundreds of thousands ......Is it " BECAUSE THEY PAY 200% TUITION " :mad:

YES NORMALLY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS PAY 200% TUITION ...

Thats how it is everywhere. Immigration is a business. Countries like Canada, UK, Australia make you pay 300% fee for foreign students. These countries attract immigrants but have no opportunities and highly skilled immigrants end up bringing in revenue to the country and doing low skilled jobs.

US is the only country that promises opportunities. But now with this broken system even US is becoming like those countries.