PDA

View Full Version : Lost Passport and Notices.

sumansk
11-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello experts,
Here is a situation of my friend .
1.He lost his and his wife's passport alongwith the receipt notices and FP notice.The current visa which has expired and I-94 is also lost.
2.The lost passport includes the old passport with old visa in it.

Can you please throw some light as to what are his options.

Thanks & Regards

nlssubbu
11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Hello experts,
1.He lost his and his wife's passport alongwith the receipt notices and FP notice.The current visa which has expired and I-94 is also lost.

Thanks & Regards

Did he filed a police complaint? If not, ask him to file a police complaint and then apply for a duplicate passport with a copy of old passport along with the copy of police complaint.

After getting the duplicate passport, (if he goes to his respective embassy, I think he may be able to get the duplicate in a day) ask him to call USCIS and talk to immigration officer. He also may need to contact his attorney who will provide a plan to obtain duplicate copies.

Thanks

vactorboy29
11-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Hello experts,

If he is in states then he can apply for new passport .For FP Notice he can just walk in to office get FP done on that day provided he has copy or A number with him .
Apply for duplicate copy of H1B approval ,I think it cost @ 200 - 300 $

Get duplicate copy of h1b and go outside usa and get visa stamp on new passport.

Thanks & Regards

Just my 2 cents...

sumansk
11-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Thank you guys..I will let him know not to worry too much about and rather take the steps to correct it.

Thanks