PDA

View Full Version : MI members willing to drive to Chicago at short notice

walking_dude
11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
URGENT IV action Item in Illinois:

This is a call for all IL state members+ nearby Midwest state members. We are in the process of organizing a very important meeting with a lawmaker office for our provisions to be included. This meeting will require participation from as many state chapter members as possible.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15745

MI members willing to drive to Chicago at short notice to support IV action plan register here.

indianabacklog
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
I live in Indiana and would be prepared to take part as long as the notice is not too short.

However, my big issue with the problems that are created due to backlogs is that children of employment based immigrants are aging out. My son has already done so.

If I were to be part of any group that approached a lawmaker I would be talking about this very issue and it is not part of the 'what we are doing now' message.

Would it be preferable therefore that I did not take part in such a meeting as I would be veering away from the IV agenda?

swamy
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
I am going there mid-December so if it happens then I can combine - otherwsie it'd be tough

walking_dude
11-28-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't know how many members will be allowed to actually speak. I'm not sure if I can do it either! We are trying to show our numbers (strength) here.

I sympathize with you 100%. It's really sad situation to see kids forced to suffer for no fault of theirs. It would help both your cause and IVs, if you were to include 'Aging Out' as part of issues faced by EB Immigrants rather than as a stand-alone issue.

I live in Indiana and would be prepared to take part as long as the notice is not too short.

However, my big issue with the problems that are created due to backlogs is that children of employment based immigrants are aging out. My son has already done so.

If I were to be part of any group that approached a lawmaker I would be talking about this very issue and it is not part of the 'what we are doing now' message.

Would it be preferable therefore that I did not take part in such a meeting as I would be veering away from the IV agenda?

walking_dude
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
We can drive back and forth same day. Max one day presence is needed. Can be compensated by working over the weekend?

I am going there mid-December so if it happens then I can combine - otherwsie it'd be tough

swamy
11-28-2007, 05:39 PM
We can drive back and forth same day. Max one day presence is needed. Can be compensated by working over the weekend?

I dont mind the drive or the day off- getting off work at short notice is tricky but I obviously will go if I can

walking_dude
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
I hope we will get sufficient notice period of a week or so.

I dont mind the drive or the day off- getting off work at short notice is tricky but I obviously will go if I can

swamy
11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
w/one week I shld be able to plan for it if Im in town

walking_dude
11-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Everyone from MI who can drive to Chicago answer Yes to the poll. Once the date is published we'll PM members for availability on the date.

niklshah
11-28-2007, 11:21 PM
it all depends upon the date. One day travel is not a problem but atleast one week notice is required to plan something

walking_dude
11-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Sure. Though dates aren't determined by me, I'll bring it to the notice of those concerned that we need sufficient advance notice of at least one week.

it all depends upon the date. One day travel is not a problem but atleast one week notice is required to plan something

needhelp!
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Illinois Michigan and closeby state members.. the rest of us are counting on you.. Please step up

walking_dude
11-30-2007, 12:02 PM
We need more!