PDA

View Full Version : question about visitor visa extension

cbpds
05-24-2010, 03:30 PM
hi,

I am planning to extend the visitor visa for my mom for another two months.
Her current I94 expires on June 25th and At POE the officer told her that she must go back after 6 months.

If I apply for extension of her visa and in case she does not get any result before current I-94 expiry date, is it wise to stay on or leave US in order to avoid overstays?

2.What happens if she gets a rejection before her current I94 expiry, will she need leave earlier and apply for new visitor visa?

Appreciate your answers

Thanks

bp333
05-24-2010, 10:43 PM
In my case I applied for my MIL visa extension on March 15th. We received the approval last week. Her I-94 expired on May 15th, we chose to wait till we heard the decision.

I only requested for 4 months. Also, this is the second extension I applied for my MIL and this is her 4th visit to US. My take, you should be good as long as you state a valid reason and show good financial support..

NNReddy
05-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Did you apply for 2 extensions during one visit or during different visits. What kind of financial support are you talking about?

immiusa
09-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Hello gurus,

What is the good reason to be specified for visitor visa extension? I understand that USCIS may reject extension application if the reason is not good. Appreciate any helpful responses