PDA

View Full Version : how to reschedule Finger printing appointment?

yvsunil
11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi,
I am on vacation now and i have recieved my FP notice, what is the process to reschedule FP appointment? Can i just mark the checkbox on the notice and send it back or do i need to explain anything for rescheduling?

leo2606
11-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Vacation where?Out side USA?

roseball
11-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi,
I am on vacation now and i have recieved my FP notice, what is the process to reschedule FP appointment? Can i just mark the checkbox on the notice and send it back or do i need to explain anything for rescheduling?

Yes, just mark the checkbox and send it back. Your lawyer can also do it if you are still on vacation...He must have received the same notice too...

mothership
12-06-2007, 05:15 AM
Similar question on Finger printing:
I am in India and need to reschedule my finger printing appt which is Dec 11th, I have no way of returning to the US anytime soon.(waiting for I-140 to be approved to apply for H-1 extn, EAD and AP received on 09/13/07)
1) What is the acceptable extension time frame for FP?, My lawyer thinks 6 months but says it might be risky :-(
2) Are multiple extensions allowed...eg: apply for a 3 month extension now and after 3 months apply for another 3 months extension.

Any help would be much appreciated?

gcfriend65
12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
You can reschedule fingerprint, only if you have the original fingerprint notice. If you have it with you in India, then you can mail it from there.

I am in India and need to reschedule my finger printing appt which is Dec 11th, I have no way of returning to the US anytime soon.(waiting for I-140 to be approved to apply for H-1 extn, EAD and AP received on 09/13/07)
1) What is the acceptable extension time frame for FP?, My lawyer thinks 6 months but says it might be risky :-(
2) Are multiple extensions allowed...eg: apply for a 3 month extension now and after 3 months apply for another 3 months extension.

hpandey
12-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Can't you return to US on your AP and get the finger printing over with. FP is one of the most important processes of GC and if you delay it twice thrice who knows what the USCIS would do since I have not seen anyone delaying it for six months or so. Rescheduling a month or two is okay but six seems to be a bit too much. ( and btw you can't be sure that your I-140 will get approved in six months since there have been many people whose I-140 has taken 10-12 months to get approved )