PDA

View Full Version : FP for NSC->CSC->NSC filers

namm80
11-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I had seen a similar thread for NSC->CSC->NSC filers, but can't seem to find it anymore---did anyone whose cases got transferred to CSC receive FP notice?

I am a July 2nd filer, EAD/AP approved from CSC, case transferred back to NSC back in early Sept--still waiting for FP notice for over 4 months now.

PS: I am not desperate for FP notice---and i know it's going to be several years wait--just want to get the FP done and move to an apartment with lesser rent :-)

dpp
11-19-2007, 11:30 PM
I have got FP appt notice 7 days back. I am July 2nd filer, filed at NSC, but transferred to CSC and then back to NSC. Also, got AP and EAD approved long time back from CSC.

I had seen a similar thread for NSC->CSC->NSC filers, but can't seem to find it anymore---did anyone whose cases got transferred to CSC receive FP notice?

I am a July 2nd filer, EAD/AP approved from CSC, case transferred back to NSC back in early Sept--still waiting for FP notice for over 4 months now.

PS: I am not desperate for FP notice---and i know it's going to be several years wait--just want to get the FP done and move to an apartment with lesser rent :-)

namm80
11-19-2007, 11:55 PM
dpp: did you open a SR or contact USCIS that you think might have expedited your FP? Also, what was the timeline of your case Xfr from CSC back to NSC? Also, is your FP scheduled at an ASC in CA Bay area? Pleasr provide more information.

I have got FP appt notice 7 days back. I am July 2nd filer, filed at NSC, but transferred to CSC and then back to NSC. Also, got AP and EAD approved long time back from CSC.

sweet_jungle
11-20-2007, 01:17 AM
dpp: did you open a SR or contact USCIS that you think might have expedited your FP? Also, what was the timeline of your case Xfr from CSC back to NSC? Also, is your FP scheduled at an ASC in CA Bay area? Pleasr provide more information.

I am July 2 filer, ASC in Bay Area. My case was receipted at CSC with ND Sep 6. It was then transferred and received by NSC on Sep 21.
I then opened a service request for FP on Oct 2. On Oct 22, NSC responded that case is waiting for biometrics at local ASC. I then lost all my patience and on Nov 6 shot off a mail to ombudsman, Prakash , highlighting my details.
Subesequently, my FP notice got generated on Nov 7 and my spouse's was generated on Nov 8.
I am writing the details to highlight that for NSC_CSC_NSC filers, you definitely have to act to get FP notice, especially if you are in Bay area. You might get lucky and fet FP by waiting, but it is better to act.

sayonara
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
In our case, the primary applicant has received FP but the dependent has not yet received, has this happened to anyone?

I called Customer Service and now they ask that we wait 180 days from the time the case is transferred to NSC before enquiring about it !

a_to_z_gc
11-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I got my FP done on 11/21.I did open a SR on 10/05, based on which I got my FP notice on 11/06.

My details:
485 filed at NSC on July 6th
Receipting done by CSC on 09/05, EAD and AP sent by CSC
485 pending at NSC

Looks like they have started the FPs for transferred cases like ours...

mhtanim
11-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I got my FP done on 11/21.I did open a SR on 10/05, based on which I got my FP notice on 11/06.

My details:
485 filed at NSC on July 6th
Receipting done by CSC on 09/05, EAD and AP sent by CSC
485 pending at NSC

Looks like they have started the FPs for transferred cases like ours...

I haven't got my FP Notice yet! No SR opened.

Is there any NSC-CSC-NSC filer who got FP notice without opening a SR?

MightyIndian
11-29-2007, 12:44 PM
See my signature

cse_us
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Hello All,
just wanted to share my Finger Printing Experience.
I am july 2nd filer, EB2.
NSC -CSC - NSC case.
Got my FP done today,
however I noticed that on my ASC notice, my SSN has been printed incorrectly.
I called USCIS and made the correction.
I was surprised & furious at the same time, by seeing this mistake from USCIS.
Their system is so bad, they are not even verifying the Name to the corresponding SSN. Had I missed to notice, I would have been stuck either at FBI name check or by a querry from USCIS later for a long long time.
Already the wait is long enough.
Anyways, dont relax just seeing your EADs and APs, watch every detail on whatever they send.

Regards
CSE

mhtanim
11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Hello All,
just wanted to share my Finger Printing Experience.
I am july 2nd filer, EB2.
NSC -CSC - NSC case.
Got my FP done today,
however I noticed that on my ASC notice, my SSN has been printed incorrectly.
I called USCIS and made the correction.
I was surprised & furious at the same time, by seeing this mistake from USCIS.
Their system is so bad, they are not even verifying the Name to the corresponding SSN. Had I missed to notice, I would have been stuck either at FBI name check or by a querry from USCIS later for a long long time.
Already the wait is long enough.
Anyways, dont relax just seeing your EADs and APs, watch every detail on whatever they send.

Regards
CSE

Did you ever file a Service Request for your FP?

sayonara
12-14-2007, 01:21 PM
No updates in this category 2 weeks into December?

EndlessWait
12-14-2007, 03:15 PM
In our case, the primary applicant has received FP but the dependent has not yet received, has this happened to anyone?

I called Customer Service and now they ask that we wait 180 days from the time the case is transferred to NSC before enquiring about it !

My spouse got the FP but I'm waiting. I'm the primary. I opened 2 SRs but only my wife got the FP, whereas I got a notice to basically wait. god knows

gcformeornot
12-14-2007, 03:59 PM
NSC->CSC->NSC

No FP notices.

cal97
12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Still waiting ....

NSC->CSC->NSC

No FP notices.

rajabeta
12-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I got my FP apt on 12/14. There was no lud on my 485. I had opened SR for fp in october, but didnt help. Then I used the POJ method to get hold of IO at TSC on 12/7 and she created one for me, the notice date on FP says 12/7. Hope this helps.

EndlessWait
12-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I got my FP apt on 12/14. There was no lud on my 485. I had opened SR for fp in october, but didnt help. Then I used the POJ method to get hold of IO at TSC on 12/7 and she created one for me, the notice date on FP says 12/7. Hope this helps.

thanks

MightyIndian
12-19-2007, 11:36 AM
I took an infopass appointment on 12/13 and met with an IO. All the IO did was to e-mail the service center for FP. I now see two soft LUDs on 12/15 and 12/18 on my I-485. I don't know if these are related to the generation of FP notice or something else.

rajabeta
12-19-2007, 04:08 PM
thanks

you need to call 800 375 5283 and then use 1 -2 -2 -6 -1 -Receipt No -1 -3 -4

this will take you to the IO at the office where your case is pending, so it will transfer you to an IO at either TSC/NSC. if there are no IOs available, then it will transfer you back to the national service center which is useless in this case. keep trying until you get hold of an IO at TSC/NSC only. the wait may be 15-30 mins sometimes, please be patient. this method is effective than the SR route.

rajabeta
12-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I took an infopass appointment on 12/13 and met with an IO. All the IO did was to e-mail the service center for FP. I now see two soft LUDs on 12/15 and 12/18 on my I-485. I don't know if these are related to the generation of FP notice or something else.

infopass is not useful for fp. I too tried that way, but didnt help.
if you use the poj, and you are lucky to get hold of IO at the office where your 485 is pending, then they have the authority to create new fp notice and they can also check whether your name check is cleared or not. they will also give you the dates as to when the name check was initiated (this is usually 1 week after your notice date).

JazzByTheBay
12-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Prompted me to take some action... proof that such posts are indeed useful. :)

Called USCIS and opened a service request:
- over 30 days (July 2 filer), no biometric appointment for self and spouse
- Alien (A) number different on I-140 and I-485 for primary applicant (me)
- Got a referral number, call back if you don't hear from us within 45 days.

Customer Service rep could not provide any information about name check, etc. (Said IO will be able to provide that if they contact you... ).

jazz

Ruta
12-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Who gets FP notice? is it attorney or us?

We also filed on July 2nd at NSC.. got EAD and AP. buit no sign of FP yet. we were also out of country for last 3- 4 weeks. Is there chance we could have missed it?

JazzByTheBay
12-19-2007, 08:07 PM
You get the FP notices, attorney gets a copy.

Best way to find out (if you missed it) is to call USCIS Customer Service number on your I-485 notice.

Don't think it's delivered personally - it may not get delivered if you filed a change of address with the post office, but it should be in your mail if you haven't moved/no address change, imo.

jazz

Who gets FP notice? is it attorney or us?

We also filed on July 2nd at NSC.. got EAD and AP. buit no sign of FP yet. we were also out of country for last 3- 4 weeks. Is there chance we could have missed it?

cal97
12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
My case got transferred from NSC->CSC->NSC. After making numerous calls individually, finally called NSC with my wife online too. Surprisingly she got her FP notices a week after we called where as I am missing mine.

Further more, my case was scheduled earlier than my wifes application. Not sure what is going on ? Does this sound normal ? Anyone else who received their FP notices separately and were scheduled on different days ?

EndlessWait
01-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I opened 2 SR back in Oct for FP. My wife got FP in December whereas I got a letter to basically wait. I'm the primary and still waiting.

kishore.salla
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Mine is also same case... I got my FP notice for Jan 9 2008.

namm80
01-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Mine is also same case... I got my FP notice for Jan 9 2008.

Kishore.salla:

Did you open SR for your FP? Also, which center/state is your FP scheduled in?

Please let us know. I think some Xfr cases are now seeing FP notices, but not sure if they mean anything becuase, bay area, CA FP centers seem to be backlogged more than anywhere else.

Thanks!

shozee
01-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Im july 5th filer .NSC_CSC_NSC.got my EAD on 20th december07.AP still pendind at CSC (RFE).opened SR for FP in october and got FP notice next day .Obvously SR had nothing to do .SR was replied after 45 days and says "status of I-485 USCIS is waitinf biometrics information to produce permanent residency card .I had filed 140 and 485 conc.and my PD is current .I had seen lot of NSC_CSC_NSC got their FP notices in mid november .

a_to_z_gc
01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I am July 6th filer and I opened a SR on Oct 6th and got my FP done (including my wife's) on Nov 23rd. I guess opening a SR is a way to expedite this FP process...

namm80
01-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Did any one whose I-485 was Xfr'd from NSC->CSC->NSC receive FP notice? If so, please list your city/state where FP is scheduled and if you opened a SR for FP.

In particular, i want to track folks from bay area, CA and those who didn't open SR.

Thanks!

avi
01-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Did any one whose I-485 was Xfr'd from NSC->CSC->NSC receive FP notice? If so, please list your city/state where FP is scheduled and if you opened a SR for FP.

In particular, i want to track folks from bay area, CA and those who didn't open SR.

Thanks!

I called them up yesterday and i was kept on hold for around 2:15 hrs before i hung up! the music was not pleasing either! Will give it a try again sometime tomorrow!

stuckinretro
01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
suggest you call CIS if you have only have to reschedule your FP. I'm a NSC > CSC >NSC filer, I was out of the country when my FP arrived. So called and rescheduled after returning and received new FP's a week later.

I called them up yesterday and i was kept on hold for around 2:15 hrs before i hung up! the music was not pleasing either! Will give it a try again sometime tomorrow!

namm80
01-15-2008, 09:08 PM
stuckinretro: Which state/city your FP is scheduled in?

suggest you call CIS if you have only have to reschedule your FP. I'm a NSC > CSC >NSC filer, I was out of the country when my FP arrived. So called and rescheduled after returning and received new FP's a week later.

bkarnik
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
July 23rd filer. NSC>CSC>NSC. Did not get FP notice and will be travelling to India this friday for 2 months. So called up Customer service and opened SR for both me and wife on December 20. Got appointment for me for Jan. 16th but nothing for my wife in the first week of Jan. Then a week ago got a second set of appointments both for me and wife but now on Jan. 18th.

Anyways, reported to USCIS office in Des Moines today (Jan. 16th) per original letter. Wife accompanied me and I had all the appointment letters with me. Explained to the security guy (a very nice old gentleman) about the situation with upcoming travel, etc. He went and soke with the USCIS manager and she was gracious enough to allow my wife to get her fps done with me. Was out of the place in about an hour. They had a new machine installed and the person from the machine manufacturer was demonstrating how to use to the local staff, so we were all guinea pigs. Scanned four fingers from left hand followed by thumb, then four fingers from right hand followed by thumb, this was followed by each finger individually rolled across the scanner, then took FP of right index finger and asked me to sign (similar to a credit card digital sign box). Took a photo and that was it.

One piece of interest to people who for some reason missed theit appointments and forgot to reschedule. I was informed by the security guy that there is a grace period of 87 business days after your initial appointment date for you to walk-in and get your fps done. However, you need to call the center to find out what day of the week is alloted for walk-ins. (It is Wednesday for Des Moines office).

If you have multiple appointments for different days (like I had), go to the earliest one if possible and get both the notices stamped with the stamp indicating that biometrics were taken on that date.

Cheers!
BKarnik