PDA

View Full Version : Dec. VB Victims in Michigan - Let's unite and fight

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Don't let the Retrogression destroy your careers and future plans. Don't you think you deserve those promotions and insanely high pay hikes? What would you prefer Waiting for VB or Waiting for promotion?

Till when will you let others decide your fate? Your fate is in your hands. Leaving it to others whim will only ruin your life.

Till when will you wait eagerly for Visa Bulletin, to see the dates move forward by a month and then swing back by two years? Is this what you want to do month after month for the next 6-12 years?

Dates in the Visa bulletins will not move forward, if we just keep browsing it every month. Dates will move forward substantially only if -

1) Visa numbers are increased to 290,000
2) Country limits are eliminated or raised to higher levels
3) Dependents aren't counted for visa numbers

IV is your ONLY FRIEND, working relentlessly for your cause. Are you IVs friend? Are you working hard enough to help IV? Think and introspect. You don't have to answer me. Answer yourselves.

Don't be a fatalist. Fate can be changed, if we try hard and work together. Don't be like the kid who gives a new excuse everyday to avoid attending school. Stop finding silly excuses to fool others, when you are infact fooling yourselves by not working for your own cause.

Fight or Flight? Decide fast. Don't keep yourself hanging in the middle.

GCcomesoon
11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi

I would suggest we all members from MI, gather together in Detroit downtown & do silent march with banners & our messages. Just like what we did in DC

Thanks
GCcomesoon

cagedcactus
11-15-2007, 11:25 AM
I am ready to do something like that too.
The problem is those who are in Michigan (except for the ones in state chapter already) are not brave enough or caring enough to come and stand next to us.
30 people walking down the road wont get much attention. Now if we can get 200-300 people, then yes. Its worth it.

People please help us in this cause. Do it for yourself. Do it for your family..... join the chapter. We are not even asking for money. All we are asking for is volunteers who can talk to media and lawmakers, and raise awareness on our issues.....

GO IV.....

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Perfectly doable.

We have 800 MI members on IV. If they can get a few friends and colleagues we can reach at least 1000-1500. We can get permission and march in Downtown. TV stations will cover us as they are at a stone's throw.

But will these 1000-1500 show up? I'm not convinced. We are yet to reach our perfectly reasonable target of 300 Michigan members. I don't want to make a fool of myself and other dedicated members by having only 30-40 people marching on the streets, while thousands of others watch a game on TV, hoping 30-40 will work for them and change the world.

Convince me otherwise. Join MI chapter by providing your names and phone numbers ( PM/Private Message me and I'll give you mine as an assurance). We will only use those numbers to call you for MI chapter activities and nothing else. No one from MI chapter is a Quixstar/Amway agent. We have better things to do in life than trouble/pester others.

Be realistic guys. If we have to march we have to march in thousands like we did in DC. Or at least in hundreds like in San Jose. Otherwise it's no use.

I'm ready for the march. Are you guys ready to join me? Show me the numbers, and we'll march

Hi

I would suggest we all members from MI, gather together in Detroit downtown & do silent march with banners & our messages. Just like what we did in DC

Thanks
GCcomesoon

GCcomesoon
11-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi

Lets do poll & see how many people can join for the march, first lets decide that & later decide on the schedule

walking dude can you create poll thread please ?

Thanks
GCcomesoon

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Created the poll

Let's see the response. If the response is good, I will speak to the core and arrange the rally.

Please publicize with your friends, family, neighbors, acquaintances and others. Keep bumping the thread on IV to catch attention.

Don't disappoint me, by forcing to drop the idea due to poor interest by Michigan members.

Hi

Lets do poll & see how many people can join for the march, first lets decide that & later decide on the schedule

walking dude can you create poll thread please ?

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Libra
11-15-2007, 12:33 PM
only 3 members voted so far, com' on guys what are you waiting for?

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
"The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune." - Plutarch

We need more. What are guys waiting for? Disappointing Jan bulletin? Frustrating Feb bulletin? Do you want to march in the sub-zero temperatures of Jan & Feb?!

We have a short window. It's no use just to march. We need to get permission from the authorities. Get media - radio stations, TV stations, newspapers etc involved. Prepare placards, megaphone. Plan the whole thing!

It's now or never.

reddymjm
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM
I can get atleast 15 - 20 members with me for the event.

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Great! Please ask them to select 'Yes' in the Poll.

Let's show the poll results to the Core that Detroit rally is feasible, and will be successful.

I can get atleast 15 - 20 members with me for the event.

swamy
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Rally is a great idea but before that I think moulding public opinion is important. Given how things are in Michigan, we might end up rubbing people the wrong way - even those who mean well by us so we've to tread carefully.

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Swamy, our rally isn't against anybody. We are just highlighting the plight of EB-immigrants who face serious quality of life issues due to retrogression.

I had my reservations, qualms against Rallies before Sep 18th DC Rally. But no more.

Rally is a platform to bring our issues to the notice of the public and the powers that can help us (Lawmakers), who are more likely to take a Rally in their constituency more seriously than the one happening in DC.

If there is a Rally, it will be a peaceful and silent march like in DC. No negative slogans, no sound pollution by shouting slogans over the megaphone etc. will be allowed.

Rally is a great idea but before that I think moulding public opinion is important. Given how things are in Michigan, we might end up rubbing people the wrong way - even those who mean well by us so we've to tread carefully.

RandyK
11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Count me in !!!

Very good idea.

cagedcactus
11-15-2007, 03:31 PM
I will drag my friends yen ken prakaren.... :D
If they dont listen, I will hijack them.... I am up for the Rally.
Rise Michigan, Rise now..........

swamy
11-15-2007, 03:41 PM
WD make no mistake I will be there with you marching esp since I know you're sweating so much to get stuff done in Michigan- it's just that DC is very different from Detroit. I was dragged to a march in DC by my friends when I used to live there for some cause I can't remember - it was almost a festive atmosphere and it's done all the time there. DC folks are used to it - they dont mind it so long as the beltway isn't jammed. Detroit - if we do some groundwork first and then do a march i'm sure it will win over some public opinion otherwise the outcome is up in the air - not that we shouldn't try with an uncertain outcome

amitga
11-15-2007, 03:49 PM
WD make no mistake I will be there with you marching esp since I know you're sweating so much to get stuff done in Michigan- it's just that DC is very different from Detroit. I was dragged to a march in DC by my friends when I used to live there for some cause I can't remember - it was almost a festive atmosphere and it's done all the time there. DC folks are used to it - they dont mind it so long as the beltway isn't jammed. Detroit - if we do some groundwork first and then do a march i'm sure it will win over some public opinion otherwise the outcome is up in the air - not that we shouldn't try with an uncertain outcome

I do agree with Swamy. I will also join the Detroit Rally, but before deciding on rally lets make sure that we will get the right value out of it.

cagedcactus
11-15-2007, 03:49 PM
I understand and approve what you are saying Swamy....
We can first find out how many are interested, and then we will talk to city about the friendly nature of the rally. Get approved, and then plan on.
We will not do it without any precautions and confirmations from Local Authority.
:)

when
11-15-2007, 04:14 PM
^^^^

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Sure. Swamy and amitga.

We will not march in vain. Don't worry about that. Poll is created as a feasiblity study for now. If we have enough numbers we will be doing it the right way. With assistance and blessings from the IV core.

Swamy, how do we create public perception if general public, by and large, is unaware of our issues? May be the public rally is the first step? How much importance do ,you think, media and Lawmakers give to a group of 30-40? If we can show them we are in hundreds and thousands, both media and Lawmakers will stand up and listen.

Right now, we aren't doing much to create such public awareness. Only 'awareness' being created now is the 'populism' of Lou Dobbs and his ilk, who btw is coming to MI on Nov 29th to spread his poison (as you are aware).

How do we stop the spread of such Anti-Immigrant hate? How do we create public awareness without public rallies?

Questions that need to be answered.

swamy
11-15-2007, 05:26 PM
I think the very process of discussing how to go about rallying people for our cause and laying the groundwork for it would be very beneficial. Looks like everyone here is eager to participate so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to meet and figure and hear out everyone's ideas and come to a consensus on how to rally forward?

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 05:41 PM
If you think a meet will help us reach a consensus, I'm all for it. May be it will give us a good idea on how many will turn up for a real world Event.

Where shall we meet guys? Same old place - Troy Community Center or somewhere in Farmington Hills (a more central place)?

Others, what do you think? Should we meet and discuss?

I think the very process of discussing how to go about rallying people for our cause and laying the groundwork for it would be very beneficial. Looks like everyone here is eager to participate so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to meet and figure and hear out everyone's ideas and come to a consensus on how to rally forward?

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Just 12! We need at least 300!

Give me the numbers folks. What are you waiting for? Rahu Kalaam (evil/dark times) of Dec bulletin is past. Now is the Abhijin Muhurtam ( auspicious time ) to start our victory march

walking_dude
11-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Warriors 12 - Worms 3.

Warriors, march out of the comfort of your castles. Days of the 'Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon' are over. Now it's time for 'Roaring Tiger and Fire-breathing Dragon'

walking_dude
11-18-2007, 09:47 PM
'Silence of the Lambs' haunts again. Stop suffering in silence. Speak up. That's the only way your Immigration Voice gets heard.

walking_dude
11-19-2007, 12:03 PM
We need to get out of the 'inactivity' mode and work for our cause. Because, if we don't nobody else will!

RandyK
11-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I think we will need to get the members from the boardering states as well, this topic is only addressing the MI group, maybe by creating a different poll with a title would get more responses.

My 2 cents

walking_dude
11-19-2007, 12:39 PM
To make things clear - this poll is not limited to MI members only. Poll is posted under MI as the protest march is planned to be held in Detroit.

EB community from neighboring states like Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin (UP connection!) are most welcome to join us in this common effort. Even people from non-neighboring states are welcome if they can make it.

No one is stopping you from participation if you don't belong to the State. All are welcome.

walking_dude
11-20-2007, 11:20 AM
"The truth of the matter is that there's nothing you can't accomplish if: (1) You clearly decide what it is that you're absolutely committed to achieving, (2) You're willing to take massive action, (3) You notice what's working or not, and (4) You continue to change your approach until you achieve what you want, using whatever life gives you along the way."

- Anthony Robbins