PDA

View Full Version : 1-800- number not giving status for receipt

ashshah
11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Hello,

Has anyone recently tried calling the 1-800 number to check automated status for your receipt number. I was trying to call using the options to talk to IO for FP and when I entered my receipt number it said it cannot check the status of the receipt number dialed , please check the receipt number.

I have been getting this for pretty much all of receipts including ead, AP and 485 for all our family members.

dingudi
11-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Same thing happened to me.

It says it cannot find my receipt number for all my pending cases including I-485 and AP. online status still shows pending. But when we call the 1-800 number and enter our receipt number , it says it cannot find the case.

Anyone else also experience the same?

ita
11-14-2007, 12:27 PM
It gave me the status on Veteran's day.
Next day I got' no status available' message no matter how many times I called.

rayen
11-14-2007, 12:31 PM
How do I enter my receipt number..

Example : SRC07XXXXXX21

Please advice.
Thanks.

gconmymind
11-14-2007, 12:31 PM
If you already have the receipt numbers, why dont you register with the USCIS CRIS system? This online system lets you know when your case is updated. It is pretty handy...

vnsriv
11-14-2007, 12:43 PM
If you already have the receipt numbers, why dont you register with the USCIS CRIS system? This online system lets you know when your case is updated. It is pretty handy...

Type in your case number here and search for status
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=bacIwZicgcUB c-Vja4Apr

ashshah
11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
I have registered online but if I have to talk to an IO regarding my FP, then I won't be able to do that because the automated phone system is not recognizing my or as a matter of fact anyone's receipt number. So all the people who are waiting for FP and want to talk to IO , wont be able to. Because its only after you enter receipt number and options 3 and 4 following that , is when you get connected to an IO.

vaishnavilakshmi
11-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi,

Same here.When i tried calling USCIS to talk to IO,When i enter my i-140 and i-485 reciept numbers,i get this message "the status of this reciept is not available with this automated system now ,please check if ur reciept # is correct".As some one in this forum mentioned that for all pending cases we get this message .I think there is something wrong with 1-800-automated system.When i spoke to IO regarding this,she told me that there must be something wrong with that 1-800-automated system,but we donot know about their problem.My online status still shows recieved and pending.

thanks,
vaishu

ashshah
11-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi,

Same here.When i tried calling USCIS to talk to IO,When i enter my i-140 and i-485 reciept numbers,i get this message "the status of this reciept is not available with this automated system now ,please check if ur reciept # is correct".As some one in this forum mentioned that for all pending cases we get this message .I think there is something wrong with 1-800-automated system.When i spoke to IO regarding this,she told me that there must be something wrong with that 1-800-automated system,but we donot know about their problem.My online status still shows recieved and pending.

thanks,
vaishu

Just curious , how were you able to talk to an IO if it does not recognize your receipts number. I believe once the automated message gives status on your pending case, u can dial 3 followed by 4 to get connected to an IO. But if its saying cannot find receipt number I believe it does let you enter 3 and 4 options after that.

howzatt
11-14-2007, 02:37 PM
It looks like the USCIS online system is down.

lkapildev
11-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I am also not geting any status over the telephony message