PDA

View Full Version : Walk in FP in a different location-how LATE is permissible?

IWannaBeHowdy
11-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone,

Plz shed some light on this.

I had put my attorney's address in my 485/AP/EAD application. This attorney is in a different state that I am currently living in. I got an FP notice for the USCIS service center close to my attorney's place which is impossible for me to go as i don't have much time before the notice date.

Can I WALK-IN for finger printing in a DIFFERENT location than the one thats in the notice? If yes, what is the minimum number of days allowed prior to the actual date of the notice permissible for a walk-in in a different location?

In other words, I and my wife want to go for FP in a different location than the one in the notice some 3 days prior to the actual appointment date. Can we do that?

Please shed some light in this. We would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in Advance

anda007
11-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Don't know about a different location
But in Denver, we went there a week before the scheduled appt. The place is more like a DMV and less formal
The FP was over in an hour

IWannaBeHowdy
11-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Hello there,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciated it. However there is one doubt thats brewing in my head.

It seems that everyone who has done FP by Walk-in seems to have done atleast 1-Week prior to the original date. So is there a hard/fast rule that if you want to do a walk-in it should be no later than 1-week before the actual date?

I would appreciate any insight on this.

Thanks in Advance

anda007
11-14-2007, 05:26 AM
the fp notice cam with a 2 week time, before the scheduled appt.
the next saturday was 3-4 days later. Thats how the one week thing came
Don't think there is any rule as such

sathyaraj
11-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Wednedsay is the amnesty day in most ASC. So try it on Wednesday morning.

IWannaBeHowdy
11-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks a lot:)

rk3817
11-29-2007, 12:10 PM
I was in a similar situation My Lawyer is in different state from where i live and i got the appointment in my lawyers state. On the day and time of the appointment i went to the local ASC and they did take me and my family for fingerpriting. I am little concerned if everything still is Ok in my application. Please somebody with similar experience.