PDA

View Full Version : Renewal of Indian Passport from CGI Houston TX

Pages : 1 [2] 3

dreamgc_real
09-14-2010, 09:25 AM
I applied on November 15 2010 online, was asked to submit the passports on 11/22/2010 and got the OCI cards on 12/09/2010 with an issue date of 12/04/2009. Hope this helps.

I am confused :confused:
Which year are we in now? ;)

reachinus
09-14-2010, 10:19 AM
I am confused :confused:
Which year are we in now? ;)

Sorry about the confusion. Hope its clear now.

iak1973
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
I have posted my son's passport and it was received by them in 1st week of Aug; Phone calls takes average of 1 hour waiting, no response, no online tracking.

I have not yet received the passport from Houston TX.

Arun
:(

h1-b forever
09-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Have sent my passport for renewal to Houston in mid-June. Yet to get!

smuggymba
09-20-2010, 10:40 AM
How soon can we send our passport to the consulate for renewal? Mine expires next year so need to plan when I need to send it in.

andycool
09-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Have sent my passport for renewal to Houston in mid-June. Yet to get!

Try calling one of their Emergency numbers ..they may answer those calls...

Indian consulate will never answer normal phone and ....they will never reply to your Emails..

if you know any one in Houston tell them to go and enquire about your passport..

man believe me Houston consulate staff are very very lazy..

thanks

andycool
09-20-2010, 11:48 AM
How soon can we send our passport to the consulate for renewal? Mine expires next year so need to plan when I need to send it in.

before 1 year ..

Thanks

smuggymba
09-20-2010, 11:52 AM
before 1 year ..

Thanks

within 1 year or even before that? Is this info available on the CGI website also?

andycool
09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
within 1 year or even before that? Is this info available on the CGI website also?

With in one year ....
yes it is available on the web site.
i just renewed my wifes Passport ...it expires In may 2011

Thanks

smuggymba
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
With in one year ....
yes it is available on the web site.
i just renewed my wifes Passport ...it expires In may 2011

Thanks

hi andy,
one more question - what do we fill in the following field:

Address to be Printed in Passport*

Does it have to be the US current address or India address?

andycool
09-20-2010, 12:37 PM
hi andy,
one more question - what do we fill in the following field:

Address to be Printed in Passport*

Does it have to be the US current address or India address?

US Address ..

they ask another address which will be your Indian address.

thanks

smuggymba
09-20-2010, 12:54 PM
US Address ..

they ask another address which will be your Indian address.

thanks

thanks a lot man

frostrated
09-20-2010, 02:42 PM
thanks a lot man

Apply as early as you can. Also, make sure you check the information when you get it back. They mis-spelt my wife's name, even though it was correct in the application. I had to send them a copy of the applicatio, a letter explaining the mistake, the renewed passport and a new application to change the details in the passport. I was not asked to pay for the change as it was their mistake though. In all, it took about 6 months for the whole process, including the two passport issuances.

smuggymba
09-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Apply as early as you can. Also, make sure you check the information when you get it back. They mis-spelt my wife's name, even though it was correct in the application. I had to send them a copy of the applicatio, a letter explaining the mistake, the renewed passport and a new application to change the details in the passport. I was not asked to pay for the change as it was their mistake though. In all, it took about 6 months for the whole process, including the two passport issuances.

6 months is a long time. On the website they say it takes 7-10 business days. Anyway I'm going to personally drop off this Friday; I still have 7 months left for mine to expire.

anusingh
09-20-2010, 03:51 PM
I have sent my PP for renewal to CGI houston on 15th Sep....waiting....

andycool
09-20-2010, 04:18 PM
I have sent my PP for renewal to CGI houston on 15th Sep....waiting....

I think it will take at least 3 weeks .

My wifes passport was submitted on Aug 30 -- They issued passport on 7th sept ..

But the passport was not mailed till sept 14) i went there to collect it they would't give it to

me either they said it will take 1 more week for them to mail it ...its bull shit.

they need 2 weeks just to mail a document ..:eek:

sys_manus
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
My passport is expiring on 12 Dec 2010. Is it recommended to go in person to Houston CGI and apply for new passport via tatkal scheme or is it OK if I apply by mail with tatkal.

Please advise based on your experiences.

smuggymba
09-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I think it will take at least 3 weeks .

My wifes passport was submitted on Aug 30 -- They issued passport on 7th sept ..

But the passport was not mailed till sept 14) i went there to collect it they would't give it to

me either they said it will take 1 more week for them to mail it ...its bull shit.

they need 2 weeks just to mail a document ..:eek:

I'm from Houston and from the website I learned that I need to sent $40 for the passport and $20 for the mail. They say you have to pay $20 only if you want us to send by mail.

since i'm from houston, I can go and pick it up....is that not allowed?

Is mail the only option of receiving?

andycool
09-21-2010, 02:19 PM
My passport is expiring on 12 Dec 2010. Is it recommended to go in person to Houston CGI and apply for new passport via tatkal scheme or is it OK if I apply by mail with tatkal.

Please advise based on your experiences.

why do you need tatkal...? do you have any immediate travel need ?? if not you should get your regular passport in 1 month if you apply now.

Thanks

gc??
09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
how long is it taking to renew passports in the dc consulate?

Pagal
09-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Hello,

AFAIK, you can pick up the passport in person at Indian Consulates in US .. when you submit the application, do ask the Consulate Officer (nicely!) if it is possible to pick it up in person and they will tell you the details...

I've renewed my passport in US two times myself and once for the family and all times, we picked up the passports ourselves without much fuss .. the processing time is typically 1 business week, but sometimes if there is a backlog, it can take longer.

h1bnogc
09-22-2010, 05:50 PM
apply for passport renewal for family member in person, got new passport in 10 days. Service can not be better than this.

smuggymba
09-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Guys - Can we correct a mistake on the passport at the Houston Consulate. My wife's passport has wrong spelling of mother name......how can we correct this?

Do they fix the existing passport or should we just apply for a new one.

thescadaman
09-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I live in Houston area and my passport is expiring in August 2011. I believe we can renew the passport within 12 months of Expiry.

Kindly address the following questions...

1) Please point me to the link which lists all the documents we need to submit to the Indian Embassy here in Houston.

2) I live in Houston and hence would surely prefer to submit my application in person. What is the procedure to do that. What is the wait time for locals?

3) What address do we show in the passport, US based Houston address or address of parents in India?

Thanks,
thescadaman

smuggymba
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I live in Houston area and my passport is expiring in August 2011. I believe we can renew the passport within 12 months of Expiry.

Kindly address the following questions...

1) Please point me to the link which lists all the documents we need to submit to the Indian Embassy here in Houston.

2) I live in Houston and hence would surely prefer to submit my application in person. What is the procedure to do that. What is the wait time for locals?

3) What address do we show in the passport, US based Houston address or address of parents in India?

Thanks,
thescadaman

list of docs on cgihouston.org

go there in person and submit the application....just takes 5 mins....I went on 24th Sept and will be going back to pick up on 6th oct....almost 2 weeks wait.

there are 2 address places....give US address on the left side....give india address on the "other address".andycool just told me abt this couple of posts above. let me know if you have any questions.

sanju_g
09-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Applied for the passport renewal for my wife which is expiring in Feb 2011. I applied on Aug 30 by UPS and i could see the application is delivered on Aug 31. Till now i do not see any response/status. I sent the email and i do not see any reply to the email can some one let me know how to find the status of the passport, i will be travelling to India in November. I am a bit worried now.

anusingh
10-11-2010, 01:02 PM
sanju_g -- did you get the passport?

I have sent my passport for renewal to CGI houston on 15th Sep....still waiting....

sanju_g
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
sanju_g -- did you get the passport?

I have sent my passport for renewal to CGI houston on 15th Sep....still waiting....

I received the passport on 5th Oct.

sunny1000
10-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Guys - Can we correct a mistake on the passport at the Houston Consulate. My wife's passport has wrong spelling of mother name......how can we correct this?

Do they fix the existing passport or should we just apply for a new one.

Yes, they fix it in your current passport with a stamp saying "information on page X corrected to read as". It should be a part of misc services at the passport section of the consulate that you originally applied.

leena_k
10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Are we required to sent Notarized copies of the supporting documents like visa ead etc when renewing our passports?? :confused:

anusingh
10-19-2010, 10:23 AM
leena_k : Yes. Send the notarised copy of your EAD.

Passport sent : 15 sep 2010. Still awaiting ...:(

sahadeni
10-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey guys,

My passport expired a couple months back and I need to renew it. I want to get it done through Tatkal because my H1B is expiring in April and the company needs to start the processing. Has anyone applied using tatkal?

I have the entire passport application completed but cant find the tatkal requirements anywhere. The following are my questions

1.) Can i do Tatkal by mail?
2.) What forms do i use to fill out the Tatkal? I couldnt find this information anywhere?

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Nirmal

shijufrancis
10-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi anusingh,

Have you received your passport? I have applied on 28th September and waiting..

anusingh
10-21-2010, 02:20 PM
shijufrancis - I haven't yet received it.....still waiting..getting worried :mad:

Passport sent : 15 sep 2010.

praveenuppaluri
10-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Sorry Nirmal, looks like your only option is to apply via normal processing and hope to get your passport soon. Tatkal is only for family emergencies and you must go to a consulate in person to get it...

Hey guys,

My passport expired a couple months back and I need to renew it. I want to get it done through Tatkal because my H1B is expiring in April and the company needs to start the processing. Has anyone applied using tatkal?

I have the entire passport application completed but cant find the tatkal requirements anywhere. The following are my questions

1.) Can i do Tatkal by mail?
2.) What forms do i use to fill out the Tatkal? I couldnt find this information anywhere?

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Nirmal

mitasa
10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Went to Houston consulate to renew passport. Submitted all the required documents. I told them that I would be back after seven days to collect the PP in person. (I was on an official visit for a week) The concerned person told me that I she couldn't keep it for seven days. I told her that I would come earlier if they wanted. She told me that renewal wouldn't be possible within seven days:confused:! I asked her what was my best bet. She returned my money order for $40 and asked me to apply through 'tatkal'. I did as she said.

Went that evening to collect the PP. The lady who received my PP application was already gone. They searched the entire room; all the Dabbas that were kept there. Couldn't find my PP. The ladies who were eager to leave the office (it was 4:45PM) asked me to come back the next day. I expressed my anger. They searched for my pp. Finally around 5:10PM they found it in one pathetic corner of the room with a pile of other anxious pps (the other side of the window). I just hoped that all the passports lying in that consulate would reach their respective owners safely.:rolleyes:

shijufrancis
10-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi Anusingh,

Have you received your PP?

dudedvd
10-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Passport submitted on 9/16 to Indian Consulate Houston. Previous passport was also issued by Houston.. Its 10/25 and still no sign of passport.

anusingh
10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
passport sent : 15 sep..previous PP issued by SFO consulate.......

still waiting for the Passport:mad:....

shijufrancis
10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
anusingh and dudedvd,

Did you checked whether your money order has been cashed? I checked today and seems like my money order has been cashed on 22nd October. So keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks
Shiju

dudedvd
10-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Dont know what to expect from Indian consulate. Completely disillusioned by the workings of the Consulate...Shame on them (their phone numbers are pointless)
If this is how things work in India.. gives me the worries !!!

shijufrancis
10-27-2010, 02:43 PM
anusingh --> Have you received your PP?

anusingh
10-28-2010, 09:55 AM
No, I haven't received my passport yet..
Tried calling Houston consulate so many times...no one answers the phone.... :(

pjeya
10-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Anyone who sent their passport thru mail need to know that it will take months before you will get your passport back. I am telling this cause I was there at CGI-Houston yesterday and they have a pile of passports for renewal on the floor. I would say they have more than1000-2000 passports.

I sent my passport thru fed ex thinking that I would get it back in 20 days. I had made arrangements to fly out in the last week of nov. But after reading the forums here I decided to drive to Houston, it was a 10 hr drive but was worth it. I went early and the line had formed as early as 7AM. Also when you go in DISREGARD the number tabs. They don't use that, just stand in line in front of the counters.

When I explained to the clerk at the counter, that I had already mailed my passport and need it renewed so I could travel, she was very helpful. She and an other lady dug mu passport out from the huge pile of passports laying on the floor. I didn't even have the pay the 150 for the takhal. She processed it and asked me to come pick it up at 4PM.

shijufrancis
10-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Well after listening to all my friends on the forum, I have decided to drive down to Houston next week. Any one interested in joining me please let me know. You can reach me at 2073177171

desitechie
10-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Can you tell me for how much ($) should I take the trackable express mail from USPS?

Thanks

pjeya
10-30-2010, 07:16 PM
I think they only use fed ex. Its 20$ for them to mail it back to you.

RanbirRaj
10-31-2010, 03:43 AM
Hi Nirmal,

I disagree to what praveenuppaluri says. TATKAL does not need any justification. Although the website says so...the consulate processes the application in TATKAL if you pay $150 + $40 + $20 = $210. They do not need any justification. Just mention that you have travle plans thats it....

Hope this helps...

- Ranbir

pjeya
10-31-2010, 09:19 AM
I agree with Ranbir. Just tell them you have travel plans within a week or so, they will give it to you the same day. BE polite and just answer the questions and don't give out extra info that's not needed. If you are there early they''ll give you the passport the same day by 4PM.

hiralal
10-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Try calling one of their Emergency numbers ..they may answer those calls...

Indian consulate will never answer normal phone and ....they will never reply to your Emails..

if you know any one in Houston tell them to go and enquire about your passport..

man believe me Houston consulate staff are very very lazy..

thanks
can you tell what emergency number ? or how we can get the number - they should actually disconnect the phones --as it is they don't answer
India spends money on common wealth games but not on helping their citizens or building good sanitation / improve quality of life

i4u
11-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I don't live in TX, and have sent my passport for renewal a month ago, and I plan to go to India 3 week of Nov; I have tried calling the Houston office to no avail. Cannot take time off - what are my options? pls help.

prince_waiting
11-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Hi fellow IVians,
Passport languishing at Houston CGI for the past 36 days... need to travel to India on the 23rd of this month....Anybody aware of the procedure to update the normal application to TATKAL application?....
I was thinking about sending in a letter with a Cashiers Cheque of USD150 referencing the passport no., would that help?

mitasa
11-02-2010, 02:33 PM
If you go to the Houston Consulate in person you will have to pay only 150 for the renewal, not 150+40+20. You don't have to have any 'emergency' reason. Renewing the PP itself is an emergency.

My one cent-
If time, work, vitamin M and situation permits-its best to go to the consulate in person and get the renewal done. Seeing all these uncontrollable USCIS delays, the only controllable thing you can do is to get the PP done yourself.

anusingh
11-04-2010, 12:29 PM
passport sent for renewal to CGI houston on 15th Sep....

Finally got the new passport today...i'm so relieved to get the passport after reading these posts...It took so much time...8 weeks...

sk.aggarwal
11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Can we do Tatkal by mail .. or it has to be in person?

thescadaman
11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
IV Members,

I understand that required documents list is spelled out as paragraphs in the following link.

Passport Services (http://www.cgihouston.org/passport_services.html)

Has anybody here got a complete Checklist type deal that they used when they were sending their passport for renewal? If you do, then please share that list here.

I plan on submitting my application in person.

Thanks,
thescadaman

Brightsider
11-04-2010, 07:52 PM
IV Members,

I understand that required documents list is spelled out as paragraphs in the following link.

Passport Services (http://www.cgihouston.org/passport_services.html)

Has anybody here got a complete Checklist type deal that they used when they were sending their passport for renewal? If you do, then please share that list here.

I plan on submitting my application in person.

Thanks,
thescadaman

The requirements are clearly mentioned in the link and they suffice. Last time I applied for a passport, I did not look beyond those mentioned in the link.
Take it easy and everything will be fine.
And dont forget to say AAL EEZ WELL!!!

Srinivasanvk
12-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi,

I have applied for passport renewal at CGI Houston on October 22nd 2010 and received the passport today 13th December 2010. The passport validity they have given only one year that it will be valid only till December 2011. Has anyone received similar issue? Please let me know what I need to do in this case?

It will be really if you provide some help on the same.

Thanks

Nikith77
12-14-2010, 10:13 AM
I was trying to enter the application online for passport re-new. it is asking me to select 'INDIAN MISSION'

I selected USA-HOUSTON

after I completed the form it is asking me to schedule a appoinment.

Let me know if I am missing something

pd052009
12-14-2010, 01:19 PM
I was trying to enter the application online for passport re-new. it is asking me to select 'INDIAN MISSION'

I selected USA-HOUSTON

after I completed the form it is asking me to schedule a appoinment.

Let me know if I am missing something
Based on my recent experience with DC consulate, this seems fine.

pd052009
12-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi,

I have applied for passport renewal at CGI Houston on October 22nd 2010 and received the passport today 13th December 2010. The passport validity they have given only one year that it will be valid only till December 2011. Has anyone received similar issue? Please let me know what I need to do in this case?

It will be really if you provide some help on the same.

Thanks

From Consulate website (http://www.cgihouston.org/NewPassport.html)

GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS

Application for a new full validity passport has to be made when the old passport has completed a period of 10 years from the date of issue. Indication of the date of expiry is denoted by the term ‘Final’ or ‘F’ after the date of expiry e.g. 11.9.2007 (Final) or 11.9.2007 (F). Application can be made no more than one year before the date of expiry of the current passport.

This is different from extension of validity of a passport, which is applied for in case of short validity passports (where validity is specified as 6 months or one year). Extension is limited to a total period of ten years from the date of issue of the original passport. For extension beyond 10years, a new booklet has to be obtained.
If you had selected "Fresh Passport" serive in your online application, you should receive new passport for 10Years. Please send a mail(mail id is in New passport (http://www.cgihouston.org/NewPassport.html)) to consulate to get clarification.

raju0001
12-14-2010, 01:28 PM
love is not hote then life love is only parts of
==========================
===========================

lifeWelcome To Carrier Sunrise (http://www.carriersunrise.com)

jtt
12-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi All,
I applied for the renewal of passport (previously issued in India) via mail on 10th November (Houston Consulate) but have not received it yet. I need to travel to India in the 3rd week of December, so I am in kind of a hurry.
Should I go to Houston and see them in person? Is that going to help?
If yes, do I need to carry some documents with me? Any specific documents?
Also, should I take a dummy appoinment?

Thank you so much.

princeusa2006
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
I applied passport for my daughter on mid of October and got today, with 1 year validity. It is not possible to contact them, as they do not pick up the phone. I tried 4 - 5 times daily for a month but in vain. My choices are either call the embassy which is absolutely impossible or wait 1 year and renew again

realist
12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I applied passport for my daughter on mid of October and got today, with 1 year validity. It is not possible to contact them, as they do not pick up the phone. I tried 4 - 5 times daily for a month but in vain. My choices are either call the embassy which is absolutely impossible or wait 1 year and renew again

Is this a new development? I had not heard of a 1 yr passport. You applied for an Indian passport for your daughter? was she born here? Is this a renewal of her passport or a new passport?

princeusa2006
12-15-2010, 12:03 PM
No. She was born in India and I am renewing the passport that is expiring this month. It is 100 % carelessness of the staff of CGI. I cannot contact them over phone, as they will NEVER pick up the phone. Earlier I use to renew from Washington DC, and they are more active than Houston staff. The renewed the passport promptly with a validity of 10 years, and they process the application in 10 -1 5 days. Houston Passport Office SUCKS.

jtt
12-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi All,
I applied for the renewal of passport (previously issued in India) via mail on 10th November (Houston Consulate) but have not received it yet. I need to travel to India in the 3rd week of December, so I am in kind of a hurry.
Should I go to Houston and see them in person? Is that going to help?
If yes, do I need to carry some documents with me? Any specific documents?
Also, should I take a dummy appointment?

Thank you so much.

Anyone?
sorry for spamming.

thescadaman
12-15-2010, 04:20 PM
From what I have heard, its difficult to reach the consulate remotely. Phone calls and emails are not effective means of communication with its comes to CGI. Hence, visiting the office in person is the only viable solution.
The Consulate counters are open by 9 AM to noon. For more information you can check their website.

Carry all relevant documents (originals if possible) with you just in case they want to verify something at the counter.

princeusa2006
12-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Anyone?
sorry for spamming.
Fax a message and explain your urgency. In the subject, using bold font (18 pt or more) , mention that you have not received the passport sent for renewal. Explain in the letter that you tried to call numerous times and nobody picked up, or replied to your email. I don't know if this is a conicidence, but it worked for me.

jtt
12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Thank you everyone. I'll try it.

pjain
12-15-2010, 10:33 PM
CGI Houston
Service Requested : Additional passport booklet - 36 pages
Date documents sent to CGI : Oct 22, 2010
(Make sure you have a tracking number)
Date documents received by CGI : Oct 23, 2010
Date money order cashed by CGI : Dec 7, 2010
(if you have made the money order through western union, there is a phone number in the stub which can be used to check the money order status).
Date passport fedexed(overnight) by CGI : Dec 13, 2010
Date passport received by me : Dec 14, 2010

Additional booklet was issued with a new passport number for 10 yrs (though my old passport was expiring in 2017).
I did NOT get any response for the emails, calls and faxes sent to CGI Houston to know the status of my passport. I just sat tight waiting for the courier and checking the money order status. Hope this helps. Goodluck !

jtt
12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
CGI Houston
Service Requested : Additional passport booklet - 36 pages
Date documents sent to CGI : Oct 22, 2010
(Make sure you have a tracking number)
Date documents received by CGI : Oct 23, 2010
Date money order cashed by CGI : Dec 7, 2010
(if you have made the money order through western union, there is a phone number in the stub which can be used to check the money order status).
Date passport fedexed(overnight) by CGI : Dec 13, 2010
Date passport received by me : Dec 14, 2010

Additional booklet was issued with a new passport number for 10 yrs (though my old passport was expiring in 2017).
I did NOT get any response for the emails, calls and faxes sent to CGI Houston to know the status of my passport. I just sat tight waiting for the courier and checking the money order status. Hope this helps. Goodluck !

I received the status of my money order (from USPS) today - and it says that the money order is available for refund which implies that my application has not been processed yet :(

Because I can't wait anymore (I have to be in India asap), I think I will be flying to Houston sometime in mid next week. I will take the originals that I have.
Just wanted to get some advice:
i) Should I be at the consulate earlier? (I mean before 9AM when they start)
ii) Should I carry a MO of $150 and ask them to convert my application to Tatkal? Will that help? Will they convert it?
iii) And importantly, will they entertain me at all? - I submitted my application by mail!

thescadaman
12-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Answers inline..

Their physical address is "# 600, 3 Post Oak Central". This is a high rise building and they are on the sixth floor. It takes time to find the right parking lot, park, walk for a minute or so and then reach this building. I went there by 9:20a and had to stand in line for 45 minutes before it was my turn. Hence, it would be wise to start driving early and plan to be at the building by 8:45a.

ii) Should I carry a MO of $150 and ask them to convert my application to Tatkal? Will that help? Will they convert it?
You can surely try that. I don't have any experience with this aspect. Worst, they may reject your MO which means you will loose few dollars which you had spent as fees.

iii) And importantly, will they entertain me at all? - I submitted my application by mail!
I think they don't entertain regular phone calls and emails. They look okay when you talk to them in person. I mean, they won't go "How can I help you and make you day a very pleasant one, Sir!" but nevertheless they do listen. Its much better then what is portrayed in all the online forums.

jtt
12-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Thank you @thescadaman.

I mean, they won't go "How can I help you and make you day a very pleasant one, Sir!" but nevertheless they do listen. Its much better then what is portrayed in all the online forums.
Yes, I understand and am hopeful :)

pooja_34
12-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Is the mailing address of CGI Houston "1990 Post Oak Blvd" - Thats where I sent my mail application to?

Answers inline..

Their physical address is "# 600, 3 Post Oak Central". This is a high rise building and they are on the sixth floor. It takes time to find the right parking lot, park, walk for a minute or so and then reach this building. I went there by 9:20a and had to stand in line for 45 minutes before it was my turn. Hence, it would be wise to start driving early and plan to be at the building by 8:45a.

You can surely try that. I don't have any experience with this aspect. Worst, they may reject your MO which means you will loose few dollars which you had spent as fees.

I think they don't entertain regular phone calls and emails. They look okay when you talk to them in person. I mean, they won't go "How can I help you and make you day a very pleasant one, Sir!" but nevertheless they do listen. Its much better then what is portrayed in all the online forums.

jtt
12-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Is the mailing address of CGI Houston "1990 Post Oak Blvd" - Thats where I sent my mail application to?

The complete mailing address is:
Consulate General of India, Houston
Consular Section,
1990, Post Oak Boulevard,
# 600, 3 Post Oak Central,
Houston TX 77056

As @thescadaman said, the physical location is 3 Post Oak Central.
Google maps location for 1990, Post Oak Boulevard -> Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1990,+Post+Oak+Boulevard,+houston+tx&sll=29.634049,-82.379842&sspn=0.008542,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1990+Post+Oak+Blvd,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+7 7056&z=16).
(which is the Consulate General of India. So, I think it should be okay)

pooja_34
12-21-2010, 12:53 AM
My mail was delivered by USPS today at CGI Houston. It was signed for by A CRODYS. Does that name sound familiar to anybody who has mailed their applications to CGI Houston?? Please let me know. THANKS!

The complete mailing address is:
Consulate General of India, Houston
Consular Section,
1990, Post Oak Boulevard,
# 600, 3 Post Oak Central,
Houston TX 77056

As @thescadaman said, the physical location is 3 Post Oak Central.
Google maps location for 1990, Post Oak Boulevard -> Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1990,+Post+Oak+Boulevard,+houston+tx&sll=29.634049,-82.379842&sspn=0.008542,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1990+Post+Oak+Blvd,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+7 7056&z=16).
(which is the Consulate General of India. So, I think it should be okay)

ravi98
12-21-2010, 09:01 AM
My mail was delivered by USPS today at CGI Houston. It was signed for by A CRODYS. Does that name sound familiar to anybody who has mailed their applications to CGI Houston?? Please let me know. THANKS!

What difference does it make to know this detail?

pooja_34
12-21-2010, 10:04 AM
I just had to reply since you seem to be someone who just likes to post stuff whether helpful or not.

So here goes - CGI Houston sucks - if you read the thread above you will see instances where they have taken a long time to process applications - On the other hand their mailing address is also very strange - the address is listed differently on cgihouston.org and on the indian embassy, DC website. Hence I'm trying to make sure to the best of my ability if my passport was delivered to the right place - Most times the person that signs for the mail is the same. SO if the name that I have provided matches what someone else who has already used CGI Houston - it provides me some assurance that my mail was delivered to the right location.

In the future, if you dont have anything to add - just ignore.

What difference does it make to know this detail?

jtt
12-21-2010, 08:51 PM

USPS status showed this -> signed by A CRUDUP. But I guess he/she is the same person who received the package. The signature is not very clear and I guess USPS interpreted the signature in two different ways in two different cases (CRODYS and CRUDUP).

I would suggest go to the USPS tracking and get the 'proof of delivery'. Check the Name. The Name (the way I interpret the handwriting of the receiver) for my package was - 'Ashlerd Cruclub' ! Does it look familiar?

vinzak
12-21-2010, 11:11 PM

Oh no! A Crodys has a reputation for losing applications. My aunt's sister-in-law works at the Houston Consulate and she told me if A Crodys gets your application you can assume it will never be processed. But you can rest assured A Crodys works there and your application has been received.

snathan
12-21-2010, 11:16 PM
I just had to reply since you seem to be someone who just likes to post stuff whether helpful or not.

So here goes - CGI Houston sucks - if you read the thread above you will see instances where they have taken a long time to process applications - On the other hand their mailing address is also very strange - the address is listed differently on cgihouston.org and on the indian embassy, DC website. Hence I'm trying to make sure to the best of my ability if my passport was delivered to the right place - Most times the person that signs for the mail is the same. SO if the name that I have provided matches what someone else who has already used CGI Houston - it provides me some assurance that my mail was delivered to the right location.

In the future, if you dont have anything to add - just ignore.

Shouldnt you have done all these home work before sending the passport...whats the point in screaming now. when did you know the conflict of the address. I have sent the papers to the Houston counsulate and within two weeks I got the papers back. I didnt have to call anyone. By the way I have searched the forum before sending the papers and sent the right set of documents to the right address. doesnt it show where the problem lies.

jtt
12-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Oh no! A Crodys has a reputation for losing applications. My aunt's sister-in-law works at the Houston Consulate and she told me if A Crodys gets your application you can assume it will never be processed. But you can rest assured A Crodys works there and your application has been received.

Are you serious or just trying to scare? :(

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 07:13 AM
F$ck You

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 07:15 AM
You are SO very right - I apologize for not meeting your high standards - Another bloody idiot!

Rather than rely on the CGI Houston website to be the final word on address - I should check forums to ensure proper address. Trust me buddy - I'm a lot smarter than you so you can keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Shouldnt you have done all these home work before sending the passport...whats the point in screaming now. when did you know the conflict of the address. I have sent the papers to the Houston counsulate and within two weeks I got the papers back. I didnt have to call anyone. By the way I have searched the forum before sending the papers and sent the right set of documents to the right address. doesnt it show where the problem lies.

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Yes - I think it is the same person. Thanks!

USPS status showed this -> signed by A CRUDUP. But I guess he/she is the same person who received the package. The signature is not very clear and I guess USPS interpreted the signature in two different ways in two different cases (CRODYS and CRUDUP).

I would suggest go to the USPS tracking and get the 'proof of delivery'. Check the Name. The Name (the way I interpret the handwriting of the receiver) for my package was - 'Ashlerd Cruclub' ! Does it look familiar?

snathan
12-22-2010, 11:52 AM
You are SO very right - I apologize for not meeting your high standards - Another bloody idiot!

Rather than rely on the CGI Houston website to be the final word on address - I should check forums to ensure proper address. Trust me buddy - I'm a lot smarter than you so you can keep your stupid comments to yourself.

I think you are on crack....mind your word you bloody idiot. KEEP F*&K yourself. Upon receiving your email Meera Shankar will come and serve you the passport personally. If you are relying on the web site why hell you are screaming now. YOU ARE ONE LAZY A$$.

and take it somewhere else idiot.

snathan
12-22-2010, 11:53 AM

Yap...it shows how smart you idiot. :cool:

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Go do your Java/C++ coding rather than replying to my posts. Mind your own f$cking business - You MORON!!!

Yap...it shows how smart you idiot. :cool:

snathan
12-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Go do your Java/C++ coding rather than replying to my posts. Mind your own f$cking business - You MORON!!!

Why do you arrogant B&**ch care what I am f*&**g. Some moron like you got your passport and flushed down the toilet. you rot in hell and will never get it back. Now F***** yourself for your attidute.

If you want to rant and frustrated with life...go and take a hike. This is not the place for arrogant idiot like you. If you want to see the moron look at the mirror.

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
OOH THIS IS SO MUCH FUN! I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT EVERY POST OF YOURS WILL GET A RESPONSE FROM ME .... Its because of bastards like you that INDIA is a 3rd world nation and will remain one until we get rid of a$$holes like you

BTW : Atleast update your profile with your priority date so that you dont come across as a blatant MF!!

Why do you arrogant B&**ch care what I am f*&**g. Some moron like you got your passport and flushed down the toilet. you rot in hell and will never get it back. Now F***** yourself for your attidute.

If you want to rant and frustrated with life...go and take a hike. This is not the place for arrogant idiot like you. If you want to see the moron look at the mirror.

vinzak
12-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Are you serious or just trying to scare? :(

I'm just kidding buddy. Hope your application goes well.

snathan
12-22-2010, 03:21 PM
OOH THIS IS SO MUCH FUN! I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT EVERY POST OF YOURS WILL GET A RESPONSE FROM ME .... Its because of bastards like you that INDIA is a 3rd world nation and will remain one until we get rid of a$$holes like you

BTW : Atleast update your profile with your priority date so that you dont come across as a blatant MF!!

Do you think anyone cares about your response....

Wow...so bitchlike you goint to propel india into First world country. The only favour you did for India is - you already left. Do the same favor to US as well.

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 03:24 PM
You still have not updated your priority date :) !!!

Do you think anyone cares about your response....

Wow...so bitchlike you goint to propel india into First world country. The only favour you did for India is - you already left. Do the same favor to US as well.

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Thats incorrect english -

You should have said - "How does it matter to you".

See the IV forum has several uses - not just immigration related :)

How its matter to you...you are thinking as if every one is ready to take your order and serve.

snathan
12-22-2010, 03:36 PM

What several uses....you moron know the meaning for IV ?

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Your english SUCKS !! You dont deserve a green card !! Maybe thats why you're not updating your priority date :)

What several uses....you moron know the meaning for IV.

snathan
12-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Your english SUCKS !! You dont deserve a green card !!

By the way...why you are suking everyone's .......

Here comes the Shakespeare’s granddaughter and deserves the noble prize. Alas...you will get only pink slip. You know what I don’t have time to pig fight with you. Pick someone else or f&&k yourself.

desi3933
12-22-2010, 03:43 PM

It seems that Frustration has taken full control of you. You need help.

snathan
12-22-2010, 03:46 PM

May be so many people f*&ed her and she is ranting now...

@ pooja...check the following link and it would be very helpful for you.

Prive Swiss | Excellence in Private Mental Health Treatment | (http://www.priveswiss.com/?gclid=CL_73bvegKYCFUGo4Aodkiq2nQ)

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Another desi moron!!!

snathan
12-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Another desi moron!!!

Pot calling the kettle black

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Seriously - You need to learn english - Without even knowing you I can confirm that you are not from Bombay - Got to be one of those small town people :)

By the way...why you are suking everyone's .......

Here comes the Shakespeare’s granddaughter and deserves the noble prize. Alas...you will get only pink slip. You know what I don’t have time to pig fight with you. Pick someone else or f&&k yourself.

snathan
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Seriously - You need to learn english - Without even knowing you I can confirm that you are not from Bombay - Got to be one of those small town people :)

Oh...you are from Bombay. Then no wonder with your Attitude and must be part of Raj Thackeray's brigade. Again this is my last post and I dont want to waste my time with moron like you...

FREE LOADERS LIKE YOU ARE A DISGRACE FOR IV

desi3933
12-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Another desi moron!!!

You must be very proud of your manners! It conveys a lot how your upbringing has been. I am sure you are a "high skilled" worker.

Are you feeling any better after ranting out?

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
You should have learnt english before coming to America - you dim wit. Look up the meaning on dictionary.com !!!

Oh...you are from Bombay. Then no wonder with your Attitude and must be part of Raj Thackeray's brigade. Again this is my last post and I dont want to waste my time with moron like you...

FREE LOADERS LIKE YOU ARE A DISGRACE FOR IV

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 03:56 PM
I enjoy confronting morons like you and snathan !! I feel like I'm doing my part in flushing out the crap amongst my fellow countrymen

You must be very proud of your manners! It conveys a lot how your upbringing has been. I am sure you are a "high skilled" worker.

Are you feeling any better after ranting out?

snathan
12-22-2010, 04:03 PM
I enjoy confronting morons like you and snathan !! I feel like I'm doing my part in flushing out the crap amongst my fellow countrymen

"When you fight with a pig you both get dirty - but the pig likes it"

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 04:06 PM
WOW - Loved it - what wisdom - is that all you could come up with Mother F$cker!!!
"When you fight with a pig you both get dirty - but the pig likes it"

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 04:10 PM
What a joke - I just cant stop laughing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

OMG....your mother also got screwed. I was thinking its only you

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 04:12 PM
BTW - did you know the meaning of dim wit or did you have to look it up on dictionary.com -- C'mon be HONEST !!! I'm trying to figure out if I analyzed you correctly

OMG....your mother also got screwed. Thanks for entertaining all of us.

snathan
12-22-2010, 04:15 PM
BTW - did you know the meaning of dim wit or did you have to look it up on dictionary.com -- C'mon be HONEST !!! I'm trying to figure out if I analyzed you correctly

Already have posted the link for you to get help. Are you suffering from amnesia? We don’t have to do any analysis as you already have shown your value and its well defined. Unfortunately you don’t have the caliber or wherewithal to analyze anyone or anything.

Empty vessels makes the most noise....

pooja_34
12-22-2010, 04:16 PM
YEAH - I checked it out already - HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAH

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dont mess with Bombayites - we can screw your happiness !!!!

Already have posted the link for you to get help.

snathan
12-22-2010, 04:18 PM
YEAH - I checked it out already - HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAH

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dont mess with Bombayites - we can screw your happiness !!!!

But you are getting screwed now...;)

desi3933
12-22-2010, 04:19 PM
..... I feel like I'm doing my part in flushing out the crap amongst my fellow countrymen

Sorry to disappoint you ... but I am not an Indian citizen.

snathan
12-22-2010, 04:22 PM

thats how you ended up here in the US.?

pooia_34
12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Thank GOD!! We have enough morons like snathan to deal with !!!

Sorry to disappoint you ... but I am not an Indian citizen.

snathan
12-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Thank GOD!! We have enough morons like snathan to deal with !!!

You alone are enough and it stinks badly.

pooia_34
12-22-2010, 04:37 PM
L-E-A-R-N E-N-G-L-I-S-H

Feel sorry for you small town people - didnt have the same advantages that us Bombayites were fortunate to have.

You alone are enough and it stinks badly.

snathan
12-22-2010, 04:39 PM
L-E-A-R-N E-N-G-L-I-S-H

Feel sorry for you small town people - didnt have the same advantages that us Bombayites were fortunate to have.

You got flushed out and popping again you little dirt.

pooia_34
12-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm here to screw your happiness !!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You got flushed out and popping again you little dirt.

ronhira
12-22-2010, 04:40 PM
snathan, i suggest not wasting u'r time with anti-immigrant pooia_34 disguising as "countrymen".....

vinzak
12-22-2010, 04:41 PM

I believe that should be:

That's incorrect English.

You should have said, "How does it matter to you?"

See, the IV forum has several uses - not just immigration related ones.

Please don't malign Mumbai, I'm from there and I know to treat everyone with dignity. Not really sure which part you come from, but your liberal use of expletives would indicate that you must be from Kamatipura or Dharavi at best - because that's the mentality you display here. You swear because you lack the vocabulary to express yourself otherwise. So, please don't walk around thinking you speak or write English well. It's honestly quite atrocious.

snathan
12-22-2010, 04:51 PM
snathan, i suggest not wasting u'r time with anti-immigrant pooia_34 disguising as "countrymen".....

Yeap...you are right.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm BACK !!!! You are the biggest MORON !!!

There is nothing like Yeap - Its Yep !!!

-pooja_34 :D:D

Yeap...you are right.

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm BACK !!!! You are the biggest MORON !!!

There is nothing like Yeap - Its Yep !!!

-pooja_34 :D:D

Check to see who is the moron.

Urban Dictionary: yeap (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yeap)

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Did you create the website urbandictionary.com

ONLY A MORON BELIEVES EVERYTHING THEY READ ON THE INTERNET !!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Check to see who is the moron.

Urban Dictionary: yeap (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yeap)

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Did you create the website urbandictionary.com

ONLY A MORON BELIEVES EVERYTHING THEY READ ON THE INTERNET !!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeap...but not from Dharavi.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:15 PM
You suck !!!

yeap...but not from dharavi.

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:18 PM
You suck !!!

Taste Of Your Own Medicine :D

HawaldarNaik
12-22-2010, 05:18 PM
I have been dealing with SFO Indian Consul at least for the past five years and yes their customer service is very bad, but they have always delivered to their commitment, as all the time that i have dealt with them, i have sent all papers as per their requirement, and within two weeks they have sent it back with their approvals

I also have been following this conversation and i have to say that i too am from Bombay or Mumbai and dont think that in the US, u have to be perfect in English. What matters is that u need to be damm good in your work and a reasonably good communicator i.e. u need to get your message across...thats it

I have no complains against the conusul general, only request is to make their customer service and email support more efficient...much improvement is required in these areas....

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:20 PM
You are pathetic - I feel sorry for people like you :D:D:D:D

Taste Of Your Own Medicine :D

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:25 PM

First feel sorry for yourself and that's the need of the hour.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:25 PM
FINALLY !!! I have shut up snathan --- The moron has finally been silenced !!!

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:27 PM
FINALLY !!! I have shut up snathan --- The moron has finally been silenced !!!

I do not enjoy fighting with a dirty pig from Dharavi.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Oh NO !! The MORON rears his ugly head again !!! Sigh

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

First feel sorry for yourself and that's the need of the hour.

desi3933
12-22-2010, 05:28 PM

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.

William F. Buckley, Jr.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:30 PM
You're back _ I thought I had gotten rid of you since you are not a Indian Moron like snathan !!!

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.

William F. Buckley, Jr.

desi3933
12-22-2010, 05:31 PM
You're back _ I thought I had gotten rid of you since you are not a Indian Moron like snathan !!!

Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry for you buddy - You dont even have a chance of ever understanding anything intelligent :)

Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:33 PM

First you need to get ride of yourself moron.

desi3933
12-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Sorry for you buddy - You dont even have a chance of ever understanding anything intelligent

Not everyone is as lucky as you! You are special, didn't your mama tell you that!!

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:35 PM
LEARN ENGLISH - Why dont they make that a requirement - THats one way to get rid of the GC backlog ... They are even demanding that the illegals learn English.

First you need to get ride of yourself moron.

conundrum
12-22-2010, 05:36 PM
That confirms it. IV has hit a new low. Not sure who is crazier, the person who makes a provocative statement or the one who replies to it!!!!!

Well everyone, since it is the season of love and giving…. go at it :D :D

Happy Holidays!

mmj
Now you're talking - Looks like you are atleast better off than snathan - that poor fellow has no chance

Not everyone is as lucky as you! You are special, didn't your mama tell you that!!

desi3933
Oh NO !! The MORON rears his ugly head again !!! Sigh

Judging by the old saying, "What you don't know can't hurt you," he's practically invulnerable :D :D

snathan
LEARN ENGLISH - Why dont they make that a requirement - THats one way to get rid of the GC backlog ... They are even demanding that the illegals learn English.

Now I understand why you are in the back log too...

If you couldn’t understand English...try the English to bullshit translator and will be very helpful for you

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Poor snathan - Doesnt yet know why the backlog exists ???

Now I understand why you are in the back log too...

If you couldn’t understand English...try the English to bullshit translator and will be very helpful for you

desi3933
12-22-2010, 05:40 PM

I've seen people like you, but I had to pay admission!

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Your not making any sense as usual - I thought you were so close to moving out from the moron category - sigh !!! Too bad

Judging by the old saying, "What you don't know can't hurt you," he's practically invulnerable :D :D

vinzak
Its you again - SMART ASS!!!

Your earlier post was SO very helpful :)

Really? That's all you got?

desi3933
Your not making any sense as usual - I thought you were so close to moving out from the moron category - sigh !!! Too bad

Perhaps your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:42 PM
What do you have nut job ??? Bring IT

Really? That's all you got?

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:42 PM

It’s because of morons like you clogging the system.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:43 PM
That was SOOOO deep .... WOW

Perhaps your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

vinzak
12-22-2010, 05:45 PM
What do you have nut job ??? Bring IT

I'm pretty sure it was your turn. So shall I consider this a forfeit? C'mon yr making bambaiyas look like real wusses.

desi3933
12-22-2010, 05:45 PM
That was SOOOO deep .... WOW

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, but it seems, that you just gargled.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:46 PM
LEARN ENGLISH first - then beg the USCIS for a GC

It’s because of morons like you clogging the system.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:47 PM
SUCH a girl - its your turn - no my turn - go wear a skirt !!!

I'm pretty sure it was your turn. So shall I consider this a forfeit? C'mon yr making bambaiyas look like real wusses.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Are you cutting and pasting this stuff from some website - Just send the web address to all of us

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, but it seems, that you just gargled.

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:49 PM
LEARN ENGLISH first - then beg the USCIS for a GC

ignorance is a bliss - try this link

www.english-to-bullshit.com

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Looks like the 3 idiots have been silenced - thank god!!!

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:51 PM
For the last time moron - LEARN ENGLISH/ LEARN ENGLISH/ LEARN ENGLISH ....

An english competency test should be a requirement for GC - That way all the morons will be weeded out :)

ignorance is a bliss

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Did you get your panties on yet ???

:D:D:D:D

vinzak
12-22-2010, 05:53 PM
SUCH a girl - its your turn - no my turn - go wear a skirt !!!

Oh, but I was gonna say that you...Go wear a skirt....cuz it sounds like yr sitting there in your granny panties in the dark sobbing and wondering why ppl hate you so much, including your folks back in Chunnabhatti.

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:54 PM
For the last time moron - LEARN ENGLISH/ LEARN ENGLISH/ LEARN ENGLISH ....

An english competency test should be a requirement for GC - That way all the morons will be weeded out :)

And you are the first one in line. :D

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Thats all you got - Such a WUSS !!!

Oh, but I was gonna say that you...Go wear a skirt....cuz it sounds like yr sitting there in your granny panties in the dark sobbing and wondering why ppl hate you so much, including your folks back in Chunnabhatti.

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:55 PM
I'll be first in line to weed out nuts like you :)

And you are the first one in line. :D

snathan
12-22-2010, 05:56 PM

You have to weed out yourself moron.

desi3933
12-22-2010, 05:57 PM

You need a check up from the neck up !! :D :D :D

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Looks like my english has started to rub off on you - You're writing a lot better now than before. Keep at your english and one day you might be half as good as me :)

You have to weed out yourself moron.

HawaldarNaik
12-22-2010, 05:58 PM
i beleive the person is suffering from a severe

'Constipation of Thoughts and Diharreoa of words'

:D

mmj
12-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Dont you have anything better to do - Buzz OFF

I'm not interested in rehabilitating non Indian citizens :)

You need a check up from the neck up !! :D :D :D

desi3933
12-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Dont you have anything better to do - Buzz OFF

I'm not interested in rehabilitating non Indian citizens :)

Are you always this stupid or are you making a special effort today?

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Looks like my english has started to rub off on you - You're writing a lot better now than before. Keep at your english and one day you might be half as good as me :)

Be honest. Did you use that translator www.english-to-bullshit.com to understand my English? Good. You have learned something new today.

Now get back to your mamma.

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Didnt I tell you to buzz off !!!

Are you always this stupid or are you making a special effort today?

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:03 PM
yeah - coz everything that comes out of your mouth is BS !!!

Be honest. Did you use that translator www.english-to-bullshit.com to understand my English? Good. You have learned something new today.

Now get back to your mamma.

vinzak
12-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Thats all you got - Such a WUSS !!!

Correction: That's all you got? Such a WUSS !!!

Seriously, before correcting other people's English you need grasp the nuances of punctuation. Remember, grammar is important! Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

desi3933
12-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Didnt I tell you to buzz off !!!

Who are YOU to give order to anyone? Do you own this forum?

Now, don't forget your medicine before going to be.

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:05 PM
yeah - coz everything that comes out of your mouth is BS !!!

Do you want to see how it comes out....:D

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Again - THATS all YOU GOT??? SO LAME !! Come up with something better next time or else I wont even bother responding

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Correction: That's all you got? Such a WUSS !!!

Seriously, before correcting other people's English you need grasp the nuances of punctuation. Remember, grammar is important! Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:08 PM
There you go again - making no sense - You might want to apply for GC under the MORON category - I hear that is Current :)

Do you want to see how it comes out....:D

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Again - THATS all YOU GOT??? SO LAME !! Come up with something better next time or else I wont even bother responding

Are you not able to comprehend? Use the same www.english-to-bullshit.com

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:12 PM
So pathetic - Feel sorry for you snathan - BTW - You still havent updated your priority date - Whats wrong with you ?? I mean other than being a moron and a complete jackass

Are you not able to comprehend? Use the same www.english-to-bullshit.com

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Buzz off means GET LOST - Or what is your nationality - maybe I can translate

Who are YOU to give order to anyone? Do you own this forum?

Now, don't forget your medicine before going to be.

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:15 PM
There you go again - making no sense - You might want to apply for GC under the MORON category - I hear that is Current :)

MORON - person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education.

There is no doubt and you can get your GC under this MORON category.

vinzak
12-22-2010, 06:16 PM

I thought you had potential. But no, you're just ragging. It's alright. I understand.

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Other than showing your girly tendencies, you havent stepped up to the plate and shown us what kind of balls you have !!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I thought you had potential. But no, you're just ragging. It's alright. I understand.

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:18 PM
so pathetic - feel sorry for you snathan - btw - you still havent updated your priority date - whats wrong with you ?? I mean other than being a moron and a complete jackass

i beleive the person is suffering from a severe

'constipation of thoughts and diharreoa of words'
:d

:d

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:19 PM
That was a joke snathan - no such category exists unfortunately for people like you.

So sorry that you're not able to tell a joke from reality - Must be really hard being a moron - right snathan?

MORON - person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education.

There is no doubt and you can get your GC under this MORON category.

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Do you have the cojones to do something or not???

:D:D:D:D:D

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:23 PM
That was a joke snathan - no such category exists unfortunately for people like you.

So sorry that you're not able to tell a joke from reality - Must be really hard being a moron - right snathan?

You only will have to tell us how hard being a MORON is. Have you started this behavior recently or by birth itself have got this eternal gift.

Like born intelligent…you are a born MORON

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:25 PM
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH

PLEASE !! IT'll make it easier for me to read your crap :)

You only will have to tell us how hard being a MORON. Have you started this behavior recently or by birth itself you have got this eternal gift.

Like born intelligent…you are born MORON

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:26 PM
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH
LEARN ENGLISH

PLEASE !! IT'll make it easier for me to read your crap :)

Again use - www.english-to-bullshit.com

Since you are suffering from constipation of imagination...go to sleep and don’t forget to take your medicine.

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:27 PM
No cojones - So sad - I thought you were atleast half a man

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Unfortunately your moronic issues will never go away !!! I have failed you - I'm so sorry that I wont be able to help you since you are so beyond help jackass !!!

Again use - www.english-to-bullshit.com

Since you are suffering from constipation of imagination...go to sleep and don’t forget to take your medicine.

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:35 PM
:FINALLY - THis thread is quiet

snathan and viznak - GO BURN in HELL MORONS

:D:D:D

vinzak
12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
No cojones - So sad - I thought you were atleast half a man
Say something worth my time. And please stop offering to send me your panties in private message. That's just disgusting.

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Unfortunately your moronic issues will never go away !!! I have failed you - I'm so sorry that I wont be able to help you since you are so beyond help jackass !!!

Its no wonder when you failed yourself...try to help yourself or get help from a psychiatric

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:37 PM
NO COJONES - Thats all I have to say - Such a girl

Say something worth my time. And please stop offering to send me your panties in private message. That's just disgusting.

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:38 PM
You pathetic piece of human flesh !!!

Its no wonder when you failed yourself...try to help yourself or get help from a psychiatric

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:39 PM
NO COJONES - Thats all I have to say - Such a girl

Are you a girl or transgender? Definitely not a man (at least not a grown up man)

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Do you know the meaning of cojones? If you do, then I'll accept defeat :)

Are you a girl or transgender? Definitely not a man (at least not a grown up man)

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:41 PM
If it’s going to help sleep better tonight...we all accept that you are a born intelligent and proud son our nation.

Now go to mamma and dont forget to take the medicine.

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:43 PM
I think I will be satisfied if you promise to learn english starting tomorrow so that you dont continue to spread the impression in America that Indians are horrible at english.

Can you please promise to learn english?

If it’s going to help sleep better tonight...we all accept that you are a born intelligent and proud son our nation.

Now go to mamma and dont forget to take the medicine.

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Do you know the meaning of cojones? If you do, then I'll accept defeat :)

You have never seen in your life? Very sorry to know your plight

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:45 PM
What about English ?? Are you right now pledging to learn English starting tomorrow ?

You have never seen in your life? Very sorry to know your plight

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:46 PM
I think I will be satisfied if you promise to learn english starting tomorrow so that you dont continue to spread the impression in America that Indians are horrible at english.

Can you please promise to learn english?

Try this medicine for your constipation of imagination.

AMITIZA® (lubiprostone) Official Site (http://www.amitiza.com/default.aspx?gclid=CPTl9c6GgaYCFYHb4AodnXK9ng)

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:47 PM
I recommend Rosetta Stone to learn a new language .

Try this medicine for your constipation of imagination.

AMITIZA® (lubiprostone) Official Site (http://www.amitiza.com/default.aspx?gclid=CPTl9c6GgaYCFYHb4AodnXK9ng)

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I recommend Rosetta Stone to learn a new language .

Finally you have got something new. So the medicine started working?

By the way are you using the same Rosetta Stone.

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes - To learn spanish - but you need to start with English first. OK!

Are you using the same.

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:53 PM
yes - to learn spanish - but you need to start with english first. Ok!

jack(ass) of all and master of none :d

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:53 PM
BYE MORON !!! Hopefully next time your english would have improved and you will be able to write English sentences correctly - That would be great - right?

mmj
12-22-2010, 06:55 PM
BYE MORON !!! I feel great that this holiday season I spent a few hours trying to rehabilitate a complete nut job.

jack(ass) of all and master of none :d

snathan
12-22-2010, 06:57 PM
BYE MORON !!! I feel great that this holiday season I spent a few hours trying to rehabilitate a complete nut job.

You MORON - understand that you are the one who needs rehabiliation.

mmj
Dont forget to update that priority date MF!!!

Come back clean without any constipation….

Finally the moron is gone.

snathan
Dont forget to update that priority date MF!!!

So you are the one taking care of your mother?

We undsterstand that's your priority.

snathan
12-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Hey moron - You must provide your priority date ASAP !!!

Still suffering from constipation...? Take the medicine every 2-4 hrs (By mouth :D)

jtt
12-23-2010, 04:28 AM
okay..this is off-topic (now) but I thought of mentioning - I got my passport today. yay! (Went to the consulate. They looked up my documents and the passport was handed to me at 4 PM)
BottomLine - As others have mentioned, if you go in person, you may get your passport as early as the same day! Submission by mail - I guess, they are overloaded by daily in-person applications and hence applications-by-mail are given lower priority. So, if you want it to be done fast, go and apply in person.
Good Luck.

mmj
12-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Great News!!! Did you take an appointment ?

okay..this is off-topic (now) but I thought of mentioning - I got my passport today. yay! (Went to the consulate. They looked up my documents and the passport was handed to me at 4 PM)
BottomLine - As others have mentioned, if you go in person, you may get your passport as early as the same day! Submission by mail - I guess, they are overloaded by daily in-person applications and hence applications-by-mail are given lower priority. So, if you want it to be done fast, go and apply in person.
Good Luck.

mmj
12-23-2010, 08:34 AM
snathan - As you can see, 2 people are having an intelligent conversation above - please refrain from displaying your moronic tendencies here - Please take your nonsense to another thread .... Maybe you can title it "A MORON and his THOUGHTS"

Still suffering from constipation...? Take the medicine every 2-4 hrs (By mouth :D)

desi3933
12-23-2010, 09:20 AM
snathan - As you can see, 2 people are having an intelligent conversation above - please refrain from displaying your moronic tendencies here - Please take your nonsense to another thread .... Maybe you can title it "A MORON and his THOUGHTS"

Frustration has taken over you. Think about it.

Are you feeling any better after putting these garbage thoughts? Be honest and ask yourself.

mmj
12-23-2010, 09:30 AM
You just wont get lost - will you? Nobody is even addressing you and you still cant help yourself. BUZZ OFF!!!

Frustration has taken over you. Think about it.

Are you feeling any better after putting these garbage thoughts? Be honest and ask yourself.

snathan
12-23-2010, 09:55 AM
You just wont get lost - will you? Nobody is even addressing you and you still cant help yourself. BUZZ OFF!!!

Why dont you just get lost ? Keep your garbage with yourself and sleep over it. We all know how intellegent you are. I am not interested in wasting my time with a pshyco and MORONIC low life idiot from Dharavi...you scum·bag is not worth my time.

"When you fight with a pig both get dirty but the pig is enjoying". I am hoping you took care of your Mother yesterday night very well.

Always take your constipation medicine by mouth and get help from a psychiatric ASAP before it’s too late.

snathan
12-23-2010, 09:59 AM

It's your IP and I am not interested in copying that.:D

jtt
12-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Great News!!! Did you take an appointment ?

Nope. It's FCFS. Try to be there before 9 AM (when they start) otherwise the queue gets long.

thescadaman
12-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Submitted my Passport application in person.

Got a slip telling me to visit their office by 4 PM exactly after 2 weeks.

Went there after two weeks and got my new passport in hand.

Thankfully, my passport experience was completely uneventful. This confirms my initial assumption that Houston Consulate believe in direct human interaction. They will not pick phone calls or respond to emails but if you visit them in person, you may be able to get things done.

Another topic follows below..

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace Peace White Flag - Safed Jhanda - Peace Peace!

Request for Flame participants or Moderators

This thread has been alive for a LOOONG time and I had subscribed to it back in the day so that someday (now) I will have to renew my passport and at that time I will access this thread for useful information.

I have one sincere request. Could the participants of the flame war please delete all their flame entries so that this thread is intact for whoever wants to gather information on Passport renewal from Houston Consulate.

Please don't flame me or chew me out here!

Peace Peace White Flag - Safed Jhanda - Peace Peace!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

thescadaman.

archerian
01-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi Folks,

I just got my passport via Fedex today... I sent it to the Houston Consulate via USPS Priority Mail on 4th November, 2010... The passport was issued Jan 04, 2011, somehow it took 10 days for it to reach here... But the 30 working days they mentioned seems to be correct, factoring in the 2 weeks for Christmas and Thanksgiving...

anemmani
01-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I agree with the previous comments. The CGI Houston works better in person than by mail.

After reading a lot of horror stories online, I went to CGI in person to renew my passport (under tatkal scheme). This worked great and I had my new passport in my hand the same day by 4pm.

Nag

Green.Tech
01-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi,

I agree with the previous comments. The CGI Houston works better in person than by mail.

After reading a lot of horror stories online, I went to CGI in person to renew my passport (under tatkal scheme). This worked great and I had my new passport in my hand the same day by 4pm.

Nag

Nag,

Under tatkal scheme, did you have to show an emergency? If so, what documentation did they require? Or they didn't care for the reason as long as you paid extra money?

GT

anemmani
01-14-2011, 12:26 AM
GT,

The website says that you do not need a reason for Tatkal processing.

They asked me the reason for Tatkal request. I said that I may need to travel to India at a short notice and cannot afford to wait for 30 days for regular processing.

After I requested Tatkal processing, the lady took my passport to an office behind the counter and came back within 10 mins. After that, she told me that Tatkal processing is possible. It seems that someone decides if a Tatkal request can be processed or not. This could be a security check or some other verification.

Nag

Green.Tech
01-14-2011, 12:43 AM
GT,

The website says that you do not need a reason for Tatkal processing.

They asked me the reason for Tatkal request. I said that I may need to travel to India at a short notice and cannot afford to wait for 30 days for regular processing.

After I requested Tatkal processing, the lady took my passport to an office behind the counter and came back within 10 mins. After that, she told me that Tatkal processing is possible. It seems that someone decides if a Tatkal request can be processed or not. This could be a security check or some other verification.

Nag

Thanks for the info, Nag. Was your previous passport issued in Houston or US, or was it issued in India?

India_USA
01-14-2011, 10:02 AM
I could not go in person. It took me a week with repeated ph calls before I got my tatkal cleared :( This was in Houston.

Green.Tech
01-14-2011, 10:47 AM
I could not go in person. It took me a week with repeated ph calls before I got my tatkal cleared :( This was in Houston.

Was your previous passport issued by Houston or was it issued in India?

anemmani
01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
GT,

My previous passport was issued in Hyderabad, India 10 years ago.

Nag

Green.Tech
01-14-2011, 11:47 PM
GT,

My previous passport was issued in Hyderabad, India 10 years ago.

Nag

Thanks Nag.

Green.Tech
01-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Does anyone know if I am supposed to go in person myself or can one of my friends in Houston go in person on my behalf? I have applied for the passport via mail a month ago but now planning to go (or send a friend) in person to get it done under Tatkal scheme. Thanks.

anemmani
01-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks Nag.

GT,

Since you have applied by mail a month ago, your friend can check its status in person. If they have not mailed out your passport, he can pick it up. In case they did not get around to processing it, he can request expedited processing at no extra cost. The person next to me in the queue was doing the same. And he was able to pick up the renewed passport the same day.

Nag

Green.Tech
01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
GT,

Since you have applied by mail a month ago, your friend can check its status in person. If they have not mailed out your passport, he can pick it up. In case they did not get around to processing it, he can request expedited processing at no extra cost. The person next to me in the queue was doing the same. And he was able to pick up the renewed passport the same day.

Nag

Thanks Nag. Your comment about expedited processing at no extra cost caught me off-guard. I was planning on asking my friend to submit additional $110 or so to get them to process it under tatkal for same day delivery.

anemmani
01-18-2011, 12:31 PM
GT,

Ask him to try without paying any extra money first. If it does not, ask him to have cash handy.

Nag

Green.Tech
01-18-2011, 01:26 PM
GT,

Ask him to try without paying any extra money first. If it does not, ask him to have cash handy.

Nag

Got it; thanks!

ayelu
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi all,

I have sent my passport for renewal to CGI Houston on Nov 23 and still haven't receive it. Is there any one who has submitted their passport during the same time and got renewed. Also is there any emergency numbers that I can call them and expect them to answer. I tried calling all the numbers on their website, emailed them twice and also faxed a letter today. There is no response from them what so ever.

Thanks!!

rgovard11
01-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I submitted on dec 24th to SFO and still waiting

vtalibaba
01-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi guys,

I live in Austin Texas and I'm on an F1 visa. I mailed my passport to CGI Houston via FedEx and it was received by them on Dec 20, 2010. It's Jan 24, 2011 today and it's clearly been over the "20 working days" limit that's posted as the normal processing time on the CGI Houston website.

I emailed them a letter today asking for an update but I doubt I'm going to hear back from them. Can you guys please advice me on what to do? Should I go to Houston and go to the consulate in person? Would that help?

I'd really appreciate any advice or help as this is making me very nervous!!

ult_1975
01-31-2011, 11:50 PM
I send my passport via overnight email in 10th Dec and it was received by some PADMA , the Houston Indian consulate is just horrible, they mention to the world to call them for inquiry between 2-4pm - I have been trying consistently for last 20 days with no luck - it goes into the EPABX and then in the queue and at the end to be told that no one is available. I am totally lost as to what to do ? I have no idea even if I will get the Passport - The Indian Government fails to understand that Passport is the most important asset when you are in foreign land. I have send tons of fax(10 faxes), 20 days of continues 1-2 hour calling (I lost my all phone minutes for the month). I also called all the numbers below - but no success).

Name and Designation Telephone Number of the Indian Consulate Houston Extension
Shri S. R. Tayal
Consul General 713-626-3153 No consular enquiry
Shri R. L. Koli
Deputy Consul General 713-626-3154 713-626-2148 Ext.14
Shri Vijay Mehta
Shri Vijay Mehta 713-626-3153 713-626-2148 Ext.12
Shri D.B. Bhati
Vice Consul (Cons.) 713-626-3252 713-626-2148 Ext.19
Shri R.C. Gautam
Vice Consul (Adm.) 713-626-2956 713-626-2148 Ext.18
Shri A. S. ArnejaAsstt.
(CG's office/info) 713-626-3153 713-626-2148 Ext.13
Shri Giji Thomas
Asstt.(GA) 713-629-1491 713-626-2148 Ext.22
Shri M. P. Baisla
PA to Consul 713-626-3154 713-626-2148 Ext.15
Shri Pradeep Kumar
Asstt.(Cons) 713-629-1491 713-626-2148 Ext.38
Shri S. K. Bhattacharjee
UDC(Acctt.) 713-629-1571 713-626-2148 Ext.17
Shri R. S. PariharLDC(Cons/D.Bag) 713-626-2148 Ext.13

ult_1975
01-31-2011, 11:51 PM
I send my passport via overnight fedex on 10th Dec and it was received by some PADMA , the Houston Indian consulate is just horrible, they mention to the world to call them for inquiry between 2-4pm - I have been trying consistently for last 20 days with no luck - it goes into the EPABX and then in the queue and at the end to be told that no one is available. I am totally lost as to what to do ? I have no idea even if I will get the Passport - The Indian Government fails to understand that Passport is the most important asset when you are in foreign land. I have send tons of fax(10 faxes), 20 days of continues 1-2 hour calling (I lost my all phone minutes for the month). I also called all the numbers below - but no success).
**DOES TRAVELLING PERSONALLY TO HOUSTON CONSULATE HELP ?*********

Name and Designation Telephone Number of the Indian Consulate Houston Extension
Shri S. R. Tayal
Consul General 713-626-3153 No consular enquiry
Shri R. L. Koli
Deputy Consul General 713-626-3154 713-626-2148 Ext.14
Shri Vijay Mehta
Shri Vijay Mehta 713-626-3153 713-626-2148 Ext.12
Shri D.B. Bhati
Vice Consul (Cons.) 713-626-3252 713-626-2148 Ext.19
Shri R.C. Gautam
Vice Consul (Adm.) 713-626-2956 713-626-2148 Ext.18
Shri A. S. ArnejaAsstt.
(CG's office/info) 713-626-3153 713-626-2148 Ext.13
Shri Giji Thomas
Asstt.(GA) 713-629-1491 713-626-2148 Ext.22
Shri M. P. Baisla
PA to Consul 713-626-3154 713-626-2148 Ext.15
Shri Pradeep Kumar
Asstt.(Cons) 713-629-1491 713-626-2148 Ext.38
Shri S. K. Bhattacharjee
UDC(Acctt.) 713-629-1571 713-626-2148 Ext.17
Shri R. S. PariharLDC(Cons/D.Bag) 713-626-2148 Ext.13

vtalibaba
02-01-2011, 12:09 AM
My package was received by a 'PADMA' too!!

vtalibaba
02-01-2011, 02:57 AM
ult_1975, can you please post here when you DO receive your passport? Also, let me know if you'd like to go to the Houston consulate together. I live in Austin.

ult_1975
02-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I was able to trace my passport, it lying in the mailing room since Jan 15th - the mailing room is just sitting on it - try to find the mailing room number and call them if you can,

vtalibaba
02-02-2011, 03:21 PM
What do you mean by mailing room? How were you able to trace your passport? Can you please explain what you mean? I would really appreciate it!!