PDA

View Full Version : visitor visa for my younger brother

mith1234
05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
am staying in US for d past 4 yrs ,have a H1 B visa. i want to invite my younger brother and mom for a ONE month visit to US.My mom has already got 10 yrs of visa as she visited dis place in 2008. My brother has just completed his engineering , is 21 yrs of age and has got placed in infosys.His joining date is in December, so would it be easy for him to get d visitors visa as even i want him to have some fun b4 starting off with his work life. Should he carry his offer letter with him and also would it b wise to book d ticket in advance and show them d return ticket as a proof just to tell them tat he will b back in a month and also would like to know the other questions which r expected. Please HELP.Looking forward to your replies

thanks in advance:)

mvijay85
08-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi,

I am eager to know what happened to your brother's visa?

It will help me a lot!

Thanks,
Vijay

smisachu
08-04-2010, 10:41 AM
mee too!

nmdial
08-04-2010, 12:02 PM
am staying in US for d past 4 yrs ,have a H1 B visa. i want to invite my younger brother and mom for a ONE month visit to US.My mom has already got 10 yrs of visa as she visited dis place in 2008. My brother has just completed his engineering , is 21 yrs of age and has got placed in infosys.His joining date is in December, so would it be easy for him to get d visitors visa as even i want him to have some fun b4 starting off with his work life. Should he carry his offer letter with him and also would it b wise to book d ticket in advance and show them d return ticket as a proof just to tell them tat he will b back in a month and also would like to know the other questions which r expected. Please HELP.Looking forward to your replies

thanks in advance:)

I am in a similar boat as I want to invite my sister on a visitor visa for a month here. I think, any document that supports the fact that the visitor will return to India is always helpful.

realist
11-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I have a similar situation, I would like for my brother to come here on a visitor's visa. He is an engineer and is currently working in a University. It would greatly help if you could share your experience on how and if you were successful in getting the visa

realist
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Were none of the people who tried from May of this year on this thread unsuccessful in getting their sibling here? Please help

dingox100
11-19-2010, 03:18 PM
My friend tried to get his brother. his brother is working in some IT company in india. The visa officer asked only one question

Visa officer: Whats your Age?
my friends brother: 26
Visa officer: sorry , visa cant be issued.. rejected.

No more questions and no more answers

whiz
11-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Depends on a lot of factors. My Sister in law, who in 24 yrs, working in India (for less than a year) and applied for Visitors visa and got it. There could be several factors that helped her.

1. She is coming for her sister's graduation.
2. She went for VISA stamping with her parents. (not sure if helped but I think it did)
3. She is non-IT and had her paychecks.
4 Consulate?? (she went to Hyderabad consulate).

My advice. There is luck factor. Get your documentation right and hope for the best.

shreekhand
11-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Was just going back down memory lane...

In the 80's - most of 90's, traveling to the US (as a visitor) was so off limits; not because of visa issues or that there wasn't someone to visit here, but for the simple reason that middle class or even upper middle class in India just couldn't afford or justify the expense. Those were the days when highly educated people, having a very stable income source used to feel proud that they have booked a Bajaj scooter (delivery would take years!). Owning a color TV was remarkable, traveling to a foreign country was just unfathomable!

So much has changed in these past 10-15 years!

NNReddy
11-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Travel thru UK on advance parole. Did anyone travel thru UK on advance parole. Do you know if you can travel thru UK on advance parole(with UK TRANSIT OR VISIT VISA). Do you need to have USA VISA STAMP.

sanjay02
11-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi
Any one successful in last 2 weeks in scheduling a Visa appointment in Hyderababad consulate? For last 2 weeks I have been trying to schedule an appointment and it displays message "try after some time" on the vfs-co.in site.

Please let me know if any one was able to do it in last 3 weeks time frame?

Thanks
Sanjay

nmdial
11-23-2010, 09:59 AM
My sister was denied a visitor's visa in the summer of this year at Delhi:
1. She was told that they have a policy of denying visas to young unmarried women who are student.
2. She is currently a PhD student in India.
3. They did not ask any more question.

gclabor07
11-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Try checking their site right around 9:30pm EST. They seem to open up appointments between 9:30-10pm. Appointments fill up pretty easily. (So much for our visa fee dollars).

Hi
Any one successful in last 2 weeks in scheduling a Visa appointment in Hyderababad consulate? For last 2 weeks I have been trying to schedule an appointment and it displays message "try after some time" on the vfs-co.in site.

Please let me know if any one was able to do it in last 3 weeks time frame?

Thanks
Sanjay

ks_ls
01-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Hello,

My sister is 33 years of age and appeared for visitor's visa with her 3-year old daughter.

The visa was denied by the Mumbai consulate. Was asked the following questions:

1. Why do you want to visit the US? --> Tourism
2. Who will you travel in the US? --> Brother
3. Is your husband going with you? -- NO
4. Husband's salary? ---> upwards of 35 lakhs working with an MNC
5. How long ? two months
6. Where will you travel ? ---> DC, NY, Chicago, Disney etc
7. What's the status of your brother? H1-B
8. Does he have any children? NO

Sorry your financial condition is not good..rejected!! Not sure what triggered that comment.

Now, I am thinking of applying for the visa second time in a month or so. I am not sure why they said your financial condition is not good. Sister tried to show the document but the officer would not look at it.

The guesswork begins. Next time, I am wondering if I should be the sponsor of her application or show that her husband can sponsor the trip.

Any advice? Any experiences people have?

Thanks