PDA

View Full Version : Finger printing - cut fingers

gcwait_04_2006
11-08-2007, 08:18 AM
My wife has cut fingers, not really bad but few visible cuts.
(This started when we landed in US few years ago, we thought it is because
of weather or water)..
Doctor's say it is due to psoriasis.. and there is no real medicine to use
except to use moisturizers and humidifiers a lot.

We disclosed this at the time of Medical test to the doctor. But doctor didn't
mention any thing about it in the report.. (He just concentrating on PPD vaccinations etc.,)

Is there an issue with this kind of a case... Please share your experience. and what they look at the time of finger printing.

Thanks in advance.

rockstart
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
they ask you to show your hands before they take you to the booth for FP. I am not sure how bad those cuts are but their machines are real sensitive so they might reschedule your appointment. But you can take a chance in case they accept it.

vramamu
11-11-2007, 02:30 PM
is there a procedure specified for the fingerprinting any wherein the uscis website.???

my wife has sprained wrist ..hence she has a cast..in her left hand...the fingers are visible..but..the cast immobilizes her thumb would that be a problem?? the thumb is visible...the top part of it

any replies from any body who has done the process would be great...

in any case..can i just go ahead and head for the appt..and would they justg reschedule it?? there itself? or shud i go ahead and re schedule it ahead of time???

Kumbakonam
11-11-2007, 02:49 PM
is there a procedure specified for the fingerprinting any wherein the uscis website.???

my wife has sprained wrist ..hence she has a cast..in her left hand...the fingers are visible..but..the cast immobilizes her thumb would that be a problem?? the thumb is visible...the top part of it

any replies from any body who has done the process would be great...

in any case..can i just go ahead and head for the appt..and would they justg reschedule it?? there itself? or shud i go ahead and re schedule it ahead of time???

Hi Vramamu,

As long as the curved lines on top of each finger are visible or not damaged, your wife will be OK for finger printing. I think it is better you take your wife to your local office in advance and consult with the staff if the condition of your wife's hand requires rescheduling the FP appointment. I hope everything goes fine.

viveckj99
11-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi,
I was having cut on my left thumb.but skin was intact,at the time of FP,officer told me as long as there is no beeding,its fine to take FP.But during FP,it was showing around 60~70% accuracy.I asked her,she told me its okay.

My wife has cut fingers, not really bad but few visible cuts.
(This started when we landed in US few years ago, we thought it is because
of weather or water)..
Doctor's say it is due to psoriasis.. and there is no real medicine to use
except to use moisturizers and humidifiers a lot.

We disclosed this at the time of Medical test to the doctor. But doctor didn't
mention any thing about it in the report.. (He just concentrating on PPD vaccinations etc.,)

Is there an issue with this kind of a case... Please share your experience. and what they look at the time of finger printing.

Thanks in advance.