PDA

View Full Version : Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation

HarshJ
11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi,

I am a Jul 23rd I-485 filer. Just called USCIS second time (first time no success), went thru their menu and was lucky to get a great Cust Service Rep.

She asked me the I-485 receipt #s, address, primary contact #, DOB, and Zip Code for self and spouse.

She generated a SR for us together and gave us a Conf # for FP notice. She said that you should receive a FP appt notice in next 30 days.

So I guess, perseverance does pay off :)

Hopefully we can get this FP out of the way soon enough.

FYI I am a Bay Area resident.

dingudi
11-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi,

I am a Jul 23rd I-485 filer. Just called USCIS second time (first time no success), went thru their menu and was lucky to get a great Cust Service Rep.

She asked me the I-485 receipt #s, address, primary contact #, DOB, and Zip Code for self and spouse.

She generated a SR for us together and gave us a Conf # for FP notice. She said that you should receive a FP appt notice in next 30 days.

So I guess, perseverance does pay off :)

Hopefully we can get this FP out of the way soon enough.

FYI I am a Bay Area resident.

I am not sure if opening SR helps, especially for TSC. I opened SR 30 days ago and still waiting. They have not scheduled me yet for an appointment.

HarshJ
11-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Well she suggested that she had scheduled the FP appointment and said that I should be getting my FP notices in 30 days.

I am hoping that its the truth !!

dingudi
11-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Well she suggested that she had scheduled the FP appointment and said that I should be getting my FP notices in 30 days.

I am hoping that its the truth !!

If your case is in TSC then it means that they have submitted the request to schedule you. That does not mean that they have scheduled you.

But for any other center, it maybe true that they scheduled the FP for you because I have read the previous posts of people getting it within 30 days for other centers.

HarshJ
11-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I will update this when I get my notices. Mine is at NSC and went thru the NSC-CSC-NSC cycle

apahilaj
11-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Guys,

It's almost 3 weeks today since I've opened SRs for my self and my spouse for not receiving FP notice and we haven't got any notice yet.

I want to know if some one who opened a SR for FP and did not receive any FP notice after the wait period expired, what did you do? Is taking an infopass the next step for missing FP notices or just wait and watch?

Thanks and good luck to all.

dingudi
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Guys,

It's almost 3 weeks today since I've opened SRs for my self and my spouse for not receiving FP notice and we haven't got any notice yet.

I want to know if some one who opened a SR for FP and did not receive any FP notice after the wait period expired, what did you do? Is taking an infopass the next step for missing FP notices or just wait and watch?

Apahilaj,

Buddy, it looks like its only you and me remaining who has not received the FP notice. For me its been 30 days since opening SR and nothing. We are the unfortunate ones who have not only not received FP but our application are in TSC , where opening an SR is of no use.

We may want to try a different strategy to inquire about our FP rather than calling that number floating around which is of no use to us. All I got from calling that number was WAIT , Local ASC must be busy.

I am not sure InfoPass appointment will help, but hope its worth trying.

Ram_C
11-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Guys,

was your case transferd from NSC -> TSC ???

sweet_jungle
11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I am NSC-CSC-NSC person. I opened service request for not receiving FP.
I got a response from NSC after 30 days that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC for FP. what an idiotic response !!
I called them again and they said that since they have responded to service request, only thing to do is wait 60 days more. they cannot again file service request. I guess I have to just keep trying till I get a good rep.

Guys,

REDS
11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
I too am sailing in the same boat.
Opened an SR yesterday with USCIS for FP.

my 485 was filed with TSC on july 17 and have got EAD and AP but no FP so far.

StuckInTheMuck
11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Apahilaj,

Buddy, it looks like its only you and me remaining who has not received the FP notice. For me its been 30 days since opening SR and nothing. We are the unfortunate ones who have not only not received FP but our application are in TSC , where opening an SR is of no use.

I am July 2 filer (@TSC), still waiting for FP notice. Got I-485 receipt (ND Aug 27), and approved EAD and AP. Did not call for SR yet.

apahilaj
11-06-2007, 02:57 PM
was your case transferd from NSC -> TSC ???

Yes, case was originally filed at NSC on July 2nd and on august 24th it got transferred to TSC.

Does the transfer matter here, because dingudi's case is not a transfer case and he's still waiting...

Ram_C
11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes, case was originally filed at NSC on July 2nd and on august 24th it got transferred to TSC.

Does the transfer matter here, because dingudi's case is not a transfer case and he's still waiting...

not sure how far its true but came across some posts on http://www.immigration.com
stating that transfer cases from NSC-TSC are facing some delays in FP (even after SR) compared to NSC-CSC-NSC cases. heard couple of success stories with SR from NSC-CSC-NSC cases.

I'm also in the same boat, haven't opened SR yet.

good luck :)

HarshJ
11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Folks who opened an SR and had NSC-CSC-NSC transfers, what is the format of the ref # the Cust Service Rep gave you??

I got a # of the format T1NXXXXXXXXXXXCSC format.

dingudi
11-06-2007, 03:10 PM
All,

I do not think transfer matters. Mine was filed directly with TSC because my lawyers reason: my I-140 was approved from there.

Apahilaj,

I am guessing that we will probably receive similar response as posted by sweet_jungle that they are waiting for local ASC. I don't think we will receive FP after notice 30 days but this kind of response. Maybe local ASC are scheduling peoples appointment based on their name check results. Otherwise why would people who applied on last day of filing , Aug 16,2007 receive FP notice from my local ASC and not me.

Apahilaj, I have this idea. Is there a way we can reach an IO who is not associated with TSC but can give the same information. Maybe an IO of NSC/CSC.

apahilaj
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
dingudi,

I tend to disagree from you on your comment regarding a possible link between name check and FP. I think they are seperate processes and run in parallel - one does not depend on another. I've read somewhere that a guy's name check was initiated like a month before he went for his FP. He got that info from infopass appointment. Also, wouldn't the IOs mention about the pending name check if it was related to FP notice?

Regarding reaching a non TSC IO, I think is impossible since the call gets directed to TSC or NSC based on the receipt number that you key in when you call.

I agree with you that we'll end up getting the same damn letter as our friend about no appointment availabality at local ASC for our SR response. It seems to me that we have to try either the Infopass or just wait it out.

Has anyone thought about writing to ombdusman (if I spelled it correctly) about this FP notice issue or will that be not worth it?

sweet_jungle
11-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Folks who opened an SR and had NSC-CSC-NSC transfers, what is the format of the ref # the Cust Service Rep gave you??

I got a # of the format T1NXXXXXXXXXXXCSC format.

I also got this format. but response, came from NSC after 30 days of filing SR.
I had called in the middle to confirm whether SR went to CSC. Rep said requests will get to apprpriate service center.
the other problem is for people like us, the status says " case traansferred and pending at uscis office". I find that reps find it hard to figure out where it is pending. because of wac number, they sometimes conclude it is CSC.
the status on phone says "pending at lincoln".

Mount Soche
11-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm a july filer (July 16th)
have gotten EAD
Case status online says AP approved on Nov 2nd.
But NO FP.
Opened a SR on Oct 19th but don't have an appointment.
Called again yesterday and was told to call back on Nov 19th if I still don't have FP appointment.
Of the 6 filers at my job, only 2 got FP...very strange.
FYI, when I called the USCIS, they said it is very unusual not to get FP right after receipt notices. Apparently, the FP appointments are sent "automatically" after the receipts are generated/sent etc. That's what the USCIS rep told me anyways and she opened a SR on her own based on the info I gave her that my FP appointment hadn't arrived after over 100 days.

dingudi
11-06-2007, 03:48 PM
dingudi,

I tend to disagree from you on your comment regarding a possible link between name check and FP. I think they are seperate processes and run in parallel - one does not depend on another. I've read somewhere that a guy's name check was initiated like a month before he went for his FP. He got that info from infopass appointment. Also, wouldn't the IOs mention about the pending name check if it was related to FP notice?

Regarding reaching a non TSC IO, I think is impossible since the call gets directed to TSC or NSC based on the receipt number that you key in when you call.

I agree with you that we'll end up getting the same damn letter as our friend about no appointment availabality at local ASC for our SR response. It seems to me that we have to try either the Infopass or just wait it out.

Has anyone thought about writing to ombdusman (if I spelled it correctly) about this FP notice issue or will that be not worth it?

Maybe we should mention to IOs next time we call that others who applied weeks after us have gotten their FP notices from our local ASC. I am not sure if it will help but worth giving it a try. There is another way I thought we can bypass the TSC IO. I am not sure if this will work but I am thinking of giving it a try if I do not get FP in the next couple of weeks.

GCcomesoon
11-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi

I have opened up 2 SR's & have taken 2 info-passes till now but I haven't received my FP yet.

GCcomesoon
Priority date - 05/2003
140 approved - 10/2006 from TSC
485,131,765 RD-6/04/2007 at TSC, notices received - 06/07/2007
CA, EB2
Wife's case returned due to some error,send it again & received on 06/17/2007 as per Fedex
Wife's case RD- 7/10/2007

LUD in my case - I131 - 7/10/07, approved - 7/24/07
LUD in my case - 1131,485,765, - 7/11/07
LUD in spouse's case - I131-7/11/07
EAD cleared for spouse - 08/20/07
FP for spouse - 08/08/07 , I rescheduled it.
FP scheduled - 10/03/07 - Done
AP approved for spouse - 09/12/07
EAD aproved - 10/25/2007 - for me
FP for me- ??????

Thanks
GCcomesoon

apahilaj
11-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi

I have opened up 2 SR's & have taken 2 info-passes till now but I haven't received my FP yet.

GCcomesoon
Priority date - 05/2003
140 approved - 10/2006 from TSC
485,131,765 RD-6/04/2007 at TSC, notices received - 06/07/2007
CA, EB2
Wife's case returned due to some error,send it again & received on 06/17/2007 as per Fedex
Wife's case RD- 7/10/2007

LUD in my case - I131 - 7/10/07, approved - 7/24/07
LUD in my case - 1131,485,765, - 7/11/07
LUD in spouse's case - I131-7/11/07
EAD cleared for spouse - 08/20/07
FP for spouse - 08/08/07 , I rescheduled it.
FP scheduled - 10/03/07 - Done
AP approved for spouse - 09/12/07
EAD aproved - 10/25/2007 - for me
FP for me- ??????

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Hi

What did the infopass appointment tell you? Were the officers knew what they were talking about?

Thanks.

cal97
11-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I had taken an infopass appointment after filing an SR. All the IO said was I should call NSC. I don't think the IO's at the local USCIS office can issue FP notices.

Shall try again sometime this week or next and update the same here. I am a NSC->CSC->NSC transferee.

Hi

What did the infopass appointment tell you? Were the officers knew what they were talking about?

Thanks.

Ram_C
11-06-2007, 04:42 PM
I had taken an infopass appointment after filing an SR. All the IO said was I should call NSC. I don't think the IO's at the local USCIS office can issue FP notices.

Shall try again sometime this week or next and update the same here. I am a NSC->CSC->NSC transferee.

has it been more than a month since you opened SR??

GCcomesoon
11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi

Thanks.

They said they will send email to TSC & hopefully I should get the FP in next 30 days , if not I should come again which I did. This time they did the same email thing .Actually I went 2nd time to know whether my NC was clear or not. Menwhile I had created 2 SR's by calling USCIS too.

I hope to get the FP in next few days .

Thanks
GCcomesoon

sweet_jungle
11-06-2007, 05:16 PM
just sent e-mail to ombudsman. I would encourage all of you to send e-mail regarding FP delay. it did help in getting receipt notices. Please do it for FP also.

dingudi,

apahilaj
11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
just sent e-mail to ombudsman. I would encourage all of you to send e-mail regarding FP delay. it did help in getting receipt notices. Please do it for FP also.

Hello,

Would you mind sharing some details as to what email did you write it to, any standard form we have to fill out, etc?

I would like to wait till the end of SR period before I bother my ombudsman.

Thanks.

cal97
11-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Yes.

has it been more than a month since you opened SR??

sgupta33
11-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Hello All,

I am in the same situation in that I too have not received my FP notice as yet. Filed July 23rd at TSC. The application was transferred to CSC and then back to TSC. I opened a SR on October 5th and still have not received a FP notice. When I called to follow up, I've was told that the TSC is significantly delayed because of the volume of applications they received and to wait 90 days!

For those of you who have used infopass, was it helpful in getting your FP scheduled?
Also, can the person who wrote to the obudsman post the e-mail address and format of what he/she wrote? This would make it easier for those of us who would also like to send an e-mail.

Thanks.

sweet_jungle
11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Hello All,

Also, can the person who wrote to the obudsman post the e-mail address and format of what he/she wrote? This would make it easier for those of us who would also like to send an e-mail.

Thanks.

i am pasting the format. just higlight the receipt date in all cases. no need of metioning notice dat. it should not be counted at all.

Dear Mr. Prakash ,

My name is xxxxxx and I am currently working at xxxxx as xxxx.

My I-485 was filed on July 2,2007 as an employment based application. My wife, xxxxxx, application was filed as a derivative applicant. It has been over 4 months and I have not yet got an apointment for finger printing. I called up USCIS and got a response from Nebraska Service center, where my application is currently pending, that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC.

We, residents of Bay Area, are suffering a lot from fingerprinting backlog, due to presence of few ASCs.
Also, my case was receipted at CSC and transferred back to NSC. Such cases are taking unusually longer for FP appointments. This is quite frustrating as there are other people directly receipted at NSC in August who have got fingerpinting.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take steps to speed up the process of fingerpinting appointments.

My details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife's details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks a lot for your time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

apahilaj
11-07-2007, 02:09 PM
i am pasting the format. just higlight the receipt date in all cases. no need of metioning notice dat. it should not be counted at all.

Dear Mr. Prakash ,

My I-485 was filed on July 2,2007 as an employment based application. My wife, xxxxxx, application was filed as a derivative applicant. It has been over 4 months and I have not yet got an apointment for finger printing. I called up USCIS and got a response from Nebraska Service center, where my application is currently pending, that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC.

We, residents of Bay Area, are suffering a lot from fingerprinting backlog, due to presence of few ASCs.
Also, my case was receipted at CSC and transferred back to NSC. Such cases are taking unusually longer for FP appointments. This is quite frustrating as there are other people directly receipted at NSC in August who have got fingerpinting.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take steps to speed up the process of fingerpinting appointments.

My details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife's details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks much.

What is the email address that you sent this to?

sweet_jungle
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks much.

What is the email address that you sent this to?

prakash.@dhs.gov

dingudi
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
I am trying to understand something here. So When we call TSC for FP they say it depends on local ASC. And I read from other posts on this and other forums that people who take infopass appointment for FP with their local ASC get a response that they have to call TSC for FP. So basically with Infopass , the local IO say to contact TSC and by calling TSC they say it depends on local ASC. What do we do now?

sgupta33
11-07-2007, 03:10 PM

Dear Mr. Prakash ,

My details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife's details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for this information.

cal97
11-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I took an infopass appointment today. The IO sent an e-mail to NSC after taking details like DOB, address etc. for me and my wife.

btw, FP for us has been scheduled. Looks like they have some kind of a queue for that but a notice has not been sent out.

So that was it. Am going to wait it out patiently.

BPRAO23
11-07-2007, 07:28 PM
What's the customer service number and the menu to talk to one of the customer service reprasentative.
I have called the the number 800-375-5283 and confused to select the menu.

Can you please help me in this?

Thanks,

Rao

sweet_jungle
11-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I took an infopass appointment today. The IO sent an e-mail to NSC after taking details like DOB, address etc. for me and my wife.

btw, FP for us has been scheduled. Looks like they have some kind of a queue for that but a notice has not been sent out.

So that was it. Am going to wait it out patiently.

hi cal97,
Are you a CSC-NSC transfer case?
Are you telling that FP was already sceduled even before you went for Infopass?
Could you tell when case was transferred to NSC and when NSC received it? What is the FP data?
Thanks a lot
SJ

cal97
11-07-2007, 08:11 PM
SJ,

o Yes, mine is a NSC->CSC->NSC transfer case.

o I spoke to an IO at NSC around the last week of October and she told me she is going to schedule it, but was a little apprehensive as I trashed some mail without going through it properly (so that was my fault). My main intention on getting an infopass appointment was to make sure that I did not miss any scheduled appointment, which was confirmed by the IO.

o My case was recd. at NSC on 9/21 (Not sure when CSC transferred it). My Notice date is 9/10 if that helps.

o Not sure what you mean by "What is FP data?", did you mean "date" instead of "data" ? If so, I don't know. All she told me was I was in the queue, which I am assuming is their internal queue.

Hope this helps.

hi cal97,
Are you a CSC-NSC transfer case?
Are you telling that FP was already sceduled even before you went for Infopass?
Could you tell when case was transferred to NSC and when NSC received it? What is the FP data?
Thanks a lot
SJ

apahilaj
11-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi,

Yesterday I got the response for my SR opened on 10/16 for still not receiving FP notice yet. The letter says that the processing on my case has been delayed since the background check on my application is still open. Please contact after 6 months if you still haven't heard back from us. My assumptions are:

1. Since they did not mention any where in the letter about biometrics, they are talking about my 485 petition and not my finger printing notice. Guess they misunderstood why I opened the SR with them. Does that make sense?

2.Is it possible that I haven't received FP notice since my background check is still in progress? I thought that these were two independent process...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

vxb2004
11-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi,

Yesterday I got the response for my SR opened on 10/16 for still not receiving FP notice yet. The letter says that the processing on my case has been delayed since the background check on my application is still open. Please contact after 6 months if you still haven't heard back from us. My assumptions are:

1. Since they did not mention any where in the letter about biometrics, they are talking about my 485 petition and not my finger printing notice. Guess they misunderstood why I opened the SR with them. Does that make sense?

2.Is it possible that I haven't received FP notice since my background check is still in progress? I thought that these were two independent process...

Thanks.

Apahilaj,

FP is definitely not connected to background check. I am sailing in the same boat. My application date was july 17th and notice day was Sep 10th. I opened a SR 45 days back with no response. NSC-TSC transfer case..:confused:

dingudi
11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi,

Thanks.

Apahilaj,

I got the SR response letter saying I contacted them and they are responding by saying that I should wait for the FP if I have not received one yet. So basically I am where I was 2 months ago.

If you read my earlier posts, I did have doubts that FP and NC may have some connection together.

But I think this seems more of a glitch in the TSC system in generation of FP. I mean either its NC or glitch that is causing this delay. Anyway, the NSC at least generates one for you after you speak to an IO. We are unfortunate in that also.

apahilaj
11-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Apahilaj,

I got the SR response letter saying I contacted them and they are responding by saying that I should wait for the FP if I have not received one yet. So basically I am where I was 2 months ago.

If you read my earlier posts, I did have doubts that FP and NC may have some connection together.

But I think this seems more of a glitch in the TSC system in generation of FP. I mean either its NC or glitch that is causing this delay. Anyway, the NSC at least generates one for you after you speak to an IO. We are unfortunate in that also.

Dingudi,

In your response letter, did they anywhere mention about biometrics or finger printing notice specifically? In my letter, they did not mention about finger printing at all...All they said that the decision on my case has been delayed due to ongoing background check...I am not sure if they even knew that I had opened up the SR for not receiving FP notice.

Yeah, I was thinking about your earlier post last night when I was reading the response letter..:) But I just can not subscribe to the idea that FP and name checks are even remotely connected...

Well, we just have to wait and watch...good luck to all the fellow sufferrers..

abhisam
12-07-2007, 02:23 PM
hey guys,

I was scared to take a trip to my country thinking that I would get my FP notice while I am away..but am back from my vacation and still no sign of FP.

I called the center..and the IO told me that they are within their processing times and they have upto 111 days to send me the FP notice?!!!

I had opened an SR on 3rd Oct...but of absolutely no use! I also got a letter from them stating that they are within their processing times.

any idea how to solve this mess?

ashshah
12-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Even I am waiting for my FP from TSC.

I was thinking , that maybe , because there are so many of us who have not received FP notices, should probably send a fax or e-mail to ombudsman as a group listing our receipt numbers or maybe just names and tell them the inconsistencies from their side in issuing the FP notices.

I have a good feeling that if the letter/email or fax goes as a group , then they may take some action.

Just a idea , any inputs would be appreciated.

bskrishna
12-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Is it going to hurt if we wait for some more time.It is not that we are missing getting our green cards and our priority dates are current. I have also got my case transferred from NSC-->CSC--> TSC. I agree that stuttling the paper work around the country is an extremely inefficient way to conduct business, but that is what CIS is. I got my transfer notice on the October 5th. I guess they will need more time to get my paper work and schedule an FP appointment.

tp976
12-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Apahilaj,

FP is definitely not connected to background check. I am sailing in the same boat. My application date was july 17th and notice day was Sep 10th. I opened a SR 45 days back with no response. NSC-TSC transfer case..:confused:

exactly same case, applied july 17th, notice date sept 10th, transferred to TSC

gcfriend65
12-07-2007, 03:49 PM
When the cases gets shuffled around the country from NSC to CSC and back, the dtabases are separate. FP notices are generated when information on different databases are alligned together.

apahilaj
12-07-2007, 04:50 PM
When the cases gets shuffled around the country from NSC to CSC and back, the dtabases are separate. FP notices are generated when information on different databases are alligned together.

Hi,

Would you mind letting me know how did you find out about this database allignment information? Did any IO or any USCIS official told you about this?

dingudi
12-07-2007, 04:57 PM

All,

For your info, mine is not a transfer case. My application was filed directly with TSC on July 2nd and I have received 485 receipt notices from TSC itself. So delay in FP has nothing to do with transfer case.

I spoke to an IO today and my FP has still not been scheduled yet. Got the same old reply , waiting for an availalibilty from local ASC.

gchopes
12-10-2007, 06:06 PM
dingudi - You talking about a possible connection between NC & FP.

Are the TSC folks waiting for FP in this thread primarity from NC? I am from NC and waiting for FP.

rpulipati
12-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I beilieve NC meant Name check and not North Carolina.

small2006
12-11-2007, 03:16 PM

I am in the same boat. 485 filed at NSC on July 12, sent to TSC on September 7th. EAD/AP filed on Aug 9 at NSC and they are still in NSC.
I have AP approved and EAD pending. No FP notice yet either. Its been more than 45 days since opening a SR for that for both me and my wife. System sucks. I have been to the local ASC 3 times with no results.

Again I am not sure if the fact that my 485 is in TX and EAD/AP is in NE is cauing all the problems.

whyregisteration
12-13-2007, 03:54 PM
one can call if FP notice has not got yet. But nothing useful for me (July 3rd filler), recently I received one mail: '.. still within our processing time ...', still no FP:eek:

HumHongeKamiyab
12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Do we have anyone here who opened a SR for FP and has received FP notice ? Does it really help if you open SR for FP?

Thanks

HarshJ
12-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi,

After almost 40 days of filing, here is an email I got....nothing of substance :mad:

We have requested an appointment be scheduled for you to complete biometrics. A notice will be sent when a time becomes available.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must also notify the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). If you have moved, please complete a Form AR-11 and mail it to the address shown on that form. If you do not have this form, you can download it from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. If you move, please call us with your new address information as soon as your move is complete. If you have already called us and given us this information, you do not need to call again.

HarshJ
12-13-2007, 04:21 PM
By "filing" in my above comment, I meant filing a SR for FP appointment. I already have my EADs and APs

dreamworld
12-13-2007, 04:36 PM
I had long dely in gettting my 485/EAD/AP receipts from USCIS and I wrote to my local congressman. It really worked and got the receipt numbers from congressman office.

Try to write to your local congressman and explain your situation in one page.

-----------------------
BTW: Funding thread crossed 100 pages and it is a history for a funding thread. Let’s keep this spirit.

Finish this year 2007 with your support to IV lobby efforts. Show your generosity to your own cause.

Life2Live
12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Apahilaj,

We may want to try a different strategy to inquire about our FP rather than calling that number floating around which is of no use to us. All I got from calling that number was WAIT , Local ASC must be busy.

I am not sure InfoPass appointment will help, but hope its worth trying.

I am July Filer too I have not received evn a single receipt for anything. I called USCIS they said it is taking from 90 to 120 days so wait and call.

dreamworld
12-13-2007, 05:42 PM
I am July Filer too I have not received evn a single receipt for anything. I called USCIS they said it is taking from 90 to 120 days so wait and call.

I had long dely in gettting my 485/EAD/AP receipts from USCIS and I wrote to my local congressman. It really worked and got the receipt numbers from congressman office.

Try to write to your local congressman and explain your situation in one page and give them your package tracking information.

apahilaj
12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Guys, any update on your FP notices? I have written to ombudsman almost 3 weeks ago about not receiving FP notices and nothing yet...

What are you guys thinking as next step?

dingudi
12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Guys, any update on your FP notices? I have written to ombudsman almost 3 weeks ago about not receiving FP notices and nothing yet...

No update from my side. I had called last week and week before that. Apparently I got the same IO the last two times and first time she told me no FP scheduled , security check cleared. Second time she said no FP scheduled and I asked about security check and she said its still pending. Imagine same IO giving inconsistent information regarding my security check. I am not even sure to believe anything they say anymore. I am not even sure if they really look it up or not.

leoindiano
12-16-2007, 09:06 PM
I am from North Carolina as well. No FP yet...It could be something to do with NC local office.....

texas-vermont-texas cycle...application date August 3rd.

paragpujara
12-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Last week I called USCIS regarding FP and Customer Representative told me that they have sent me a letter on 21st of Oct regarding SR I opened in the month of OCT (I haven't received that letter yet. Do not know where they sent it). I asked her about the content of the letter but she said she doesn't have that information and I have to wait till 19th Dec to open new SR. She suggested visiting local USCIS through Infopass. I have taken infopass appointment for this coming Friday. I will update you on Friday about the appointment.

Mount Soche
12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I got "the letter" too...
It is just a letter recognizing that there was a SR made etc...
There really is no substance to it. You should get your letter before 45 days of creating the SR. I got mine on the 45th day.
Once again, the letter says nothing. What should happen is that your FP appointment should be made during the 45 days after you create a SR. If it is not made, you get "the letter." After the letter, I was told to wait 60 days from when I received the letter to get FP appointment and if I didn't get them within those days to call back.

Last week I called USCIS regarding FP and Customer Representative told me that they have sent me a letter on 21st of Oct regarding SR I opened in the month of OCT (I haven't received that letter yet. Do not know where they sent it). I asked her about the content of the letter but she said she doesn't have that information and I have to wait till 19th Dec to open new SR. She suggested visiting local USCIS through Infopass. I have taken infopass appointment for this coming Friday. I will update you on Friday about the appointment.

gjoe
12-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I opened a SR for non receipt of my FP notice, on 30Oct2007. I got a reply from USCIS exactly after 45 days ( very prompt) notifying me that " my FP has not yet expired or my FP is not yet cleared". Certainly this looks like a canned reply from USCIS which was sent even without looking at my file. I guess they should be more transparent in their process than just sending plain lies.

prakgc
12-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Dingundi,
I am in same situation who has sept 10th ND from TSC , no FP for me or my wife. I did open a SR and i got a response letter saying that either your FP has expired or clearance has not been received.. will send one by mail soon.

It has already been 45 days since the letter was dated. NO FP nothing.

Has going to IO helped anybody is getting a FP notice? That seems my last resort.

No update from my side. I had called last week and week before that. Apparently I got the same IO the last two times and first time she told me no FP scheduled , security check cleared. Second time she said no FP scheduled and I asked about security check and she said its still pending. Imagine same IO giving inconsistent information regarding my security check. I am not even sure to believe anything they say anymore. I am not even sure if they really look it up or not.

dingudi
12-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Dingundi,
I am in same situation who has sept 10th ND from TSC , no FP for me or my wife. I did open a SR and i got a response letter saying that either your FP has expired or clearance has not been received.. will send one by mail soon.

It has already been 45 days since the letter was dated. NO FP nothing.

Has going to IO helped anybody is getting a FP notice? That seems my last resort.

If its TSC then I do not think it will help at all. Whenever I talk to IO their only response if they are waiting for availability at local ASC.

So TSC people are out of luck.

fundo14
12-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi,

Our case was filed on July 2, 2007 at TSC.
We have got EADs, APs long back but did not get any FP notice.
Last week we got a letter saying that to speed up processing on your case we have transfered your case to NSC.(don't knw what it means)..but no FP notice till date.:confused:

anyone from July2 filers here waiting for FP notice still?

PD: Dec-2003/EB3
140: Approved

Thanks

avi
12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
anyone from July2 filers here waiting for FP notice still?

Me! ... and two more guys from my office!
we are july first week filers! I haven't opened up an SR yet .. intend to do that soon right after the holidays!

We have received everything else though - EAD/AP/RECEIPT etc. for both me and my wife (same's the case with my colleagues)

Peace.

fundo14
12-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks! Do you know teh procedure to open the SR?

apahilaj
12-19-2007, 01:56 PM
See signature

anju
12-19-2007, 03:29 PM
On the same boat. Filed SR twice. No fp notice yet.

burnt
12-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Friends - I went for FP appointment on 10/23/2007. But when I check USCIS website. The LUD still shows me 09/20/2007 on I-485. Please let me know if this is normal...

paragpujara
12-21-2007, 10:59 AM
I had infopass appointment this morning at Fairfax, VA regarding FP. IO told me that generally they send out FP within 30 days of 485 receipt but if ASC is too busy then it gets delay. He asked me whether my EAD and AP are approved or not. And then he requested FP for me and mywife and said i should receive FP notice within 3 weeks. Hopefully i will get FP within next couple of weeks. Keep you guys posted about my FP notice. Happy Holidays to you all !!

apahilaj
12-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the update Parag. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

gchopes
12-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I received FP notices for myself and spouse on Saturday, Dec 22 for FP at the Charlotte office on Jan 11.

- gchopes.

leoindiano
12-26-2007, 11:40 AM
I received FP notices for myself and spouse on Saturday, Dec 22 for FP at the Charlotte office on Jan 11.

- gchopes.

GCHOPES,

My case transferred from TSC to VSC to TSC, I am from charlotte too. Did you had to do anything to get FP? My application reached USCIS on august 3rd. We got all except FP.

gchopes
12-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I didnt have to open an SR to get the FP.

- gchopes

leoindiano
12-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Did your app go thru Texas-vermont-texas cycle? When did your app reached USCIS?

prakgc
12-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Dingudi.. sent you a PM ..

If its TSC then I do not think it will help at all. Whenever I talk to IO their only response if they are waiting for availability at local ASC.

So TSC people are out of luck.

leo2606
12-27-2007, 11:50 PM
IOs at TSC are responding to the enquiry of your case i.e they give info about name check status.
But in NSC the IOs are not giving any information, they are just saying they can't tell anything.This happened to me two times since last week.Does any one got same experience with NSC?

prakgc
12-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Because from my experinece you can't even talk to an IO in TSC.. You can only talk to a customer rep if your case is in TSC..

Unless ofcourse your meant IO was the same as a "customer rep" from National customer service.

IOs at TSC are responding to the enquiry of your case i.e they give info about name check status.
But in NSC the IOs are not giving any information, they are just saying they can't tell anything.This happened to me two times since last week.Does any one got same experience with NSC?

shozee
12-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Im posting for first time
plaease pardon me if im in wrong thread .
Im july 5th filer .Filed I140 and I 485 conc .Opened SR for FP because didnt recieve it till NOV .In NSC_CSC_NSC.next day after opening SR i got Fp notice .Obvously nothin to do with SR .Got reply for SR after a month which says " Status I-485 USCIS is waiting boimetrics info to produce permanent residency card "
Any idea what would this statement mean ?
I_140 & 485 fild July 5th 2007
PD curent

gcformeornot
12-31-2007, 01:47 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16384

paragpujara
01-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on my FP notice. Finally I got FP notice today schedule for 01/29/08. I guess Infopass appointment works. I had infopass appointment on 21st of Dec 2007 and IO told me I should expect FP within 3 weeks . I guess USCIS has started working after a long break. Hang on guys.

Thanks for the update Parag. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

apahilaj
01-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on my FP notice. Finally I got FP notice today schedule for 01/29/08. I guess Infopass appointment works. I had infopass appointment on 21st of Dec 2007 and IO told me I should expect FP within 3 weeks . I guess USCIS has started working after a long break. Hang on guys.

Congrats Parag. You got it finally. Am still waiting.

Do you know which option you selected when you had scheduled the infopass? Also, what documents did you carry at the infopass?

Thanks for the update again.

paragpujara
01-06-2008, 12:55 PM
I selected following options for infopass appointment.

You need Service on a case that has already been filed -->Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

And I carried Receipts for 485,765 and 131 for myself and my wife (of course photo ID).

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Congrats Parag. You got it finally. Am still waiting.

Do you know which option you selected when you had scheduled the infopass? Also, what documents did you carry at the infopass?

Thanks for the update again.

HarshJ
01-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi,

I had started the thread a while back and I am glad to tell that I finally got my FP notice and completed the FP process.

I had opened a SR on Nov 5th after filing I-485 in July (receipt date Jul 23rd). I got a standard notice in Dec first week indicating that they shall schedule a FP notice when there is an opening available at ASC ( I guess a standard reply from what I have read in the posts). I then took an info pass on Dec 8th and it was also a seemingly non fruitful visit.

Finally on Jan 2nd I got a voice mail at work from attorney (dated Dec 26th) that my FP appt was on Dec 27th. I never got any notice to this effect till Jan 2nd in mail. Hence the attorney sent me his copy by FedEx and I drove the very next day (Jan 4th) to the ASC in Oakland, CA. I explained the situation and they were kind enough to schedule me the same day. The process was pretty straightforward, and was completed in about 10-15 minutes.

My spouse on the other hand did get her notice in mail and her FP appt is on Jan 11th.....

So am not sure what worked....the call to CS, taking an infopass, or just plan praying :)

Anyways, I wish everyone luck here.

dingudi
01-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Guys,

Parag,

COngrats!. Looks like yours is in TSC. Good to see someone from TSC getting it. It could very well have been a result of you taking the infopass appointment.

Could you tell us briefly what did you tell or ask IO during InfoPass appt. Did you also tell them that you had opened an SR and did you show them the SR response letter also.

Eager to hear a little detail about the conversation you had with IO during Infopass appointment.

paragpujara
01-06-2008, 08:43 PM
My infopass appointment was pretty quick. I guess it lasted for only 5 to 7 mins. I opened an SR in the month of September however I never received SR response letter from USCIS which they said they have sent me in the last week of October so I didn't have any SR letter to show him. I carried only receipts for 485,765 and 131 for myself and my wife. I asked IO that it's been more than 90 days since I received receipts for employment based 485 and haven't received FP yet. He asked me for Photo Id and receipts for myself and my wife. Then he asked whether I received work authorization (765) and travel document (131) or not. Then he entered our information (receipt no and confirmed my address as well as my attorney's address) and was searching something in his machine and said I will get my FP soon. I asked him is there any time line? He said within 3 weeks. That's it. He said they have received many applications in the month of July and Aug and that's why they are lagging. I guess this is it. I was out of USCIS office within 10 mins.

Parag,

COngrats!. Looks like yours is in TSC. Good to see someone from TSC getting it. It could very well have been a result of you taking the infopass appointment.

Could you tell us briefly what did you tell or ask IO during InfoPass appt. Did you also tell them that you had opened an SR and did you show them the SR response letter also.

Eager to hear a little detail about the conversation you had with IO during Infopass appointment.

apahilaj
01-06-2008, 09:38 PM
My infopass appointment was pretty quick. I guess it lasted for only 5 to 7 mins. I opened an SR in the month of September however I never received SR response letter from USCIS which they said they have sent me in the last week of October so I didn't have any SR letter to show him. I carried only receipts for 485,765 and 131 for myself and my wife. I asked IO that it's been more than 90 days since I received receipts for employment based 485 and haven't received FP yet. He asked me for Photo Id and receipts for myself and my wife. Then he asked whether I received work authorization (765) and travel document (131) or not. Then he entered our information (receipt no and confirmed my address as well as my attorney's address) and was searching something in his machine and said I will get my FP soon. I asked him is there any time line? He said within 3 weeks. That's it. He said they have received many applications in the month of July and Aug and that's why they are lagging. I guess this is it. I was out of USCIS office within 10 mins.

Thanks Parag, your post is helpful.

One quick question - I do not have original 485 receipts with me but have scanned copies of them which my lawyer has emailed me. If I print them out and take them to the infopass, is that sufficient or do they ask for the original receipts?

Thanks and good luck ahead!

paragpujara
01-07-2008, 09:13 AM
I also did the same thing. I got the scan copies from my lawyer. Print out will work (IO will verify yr name on receipt with yr photo Id).

Good Luck and lemme know if you need any further help.

One quick question - I do not have original 485 receipts with me but have scanned copies of them which my lawyer has emailed me. If I print them out and take them to the infopass, is that sufficient or do they ask for the original receipts?

praveenat11
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi guys,
i got my FP notice on Jan 10 in NJ at 1.00pm.At which time do i need to go for FP in Arizona (M.S.T).

dingudi
01-08-2008, 05:17 PM

Apahilaj,

Just sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

apahilaj
01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Apahilaj,

Just replied you through PM.

rpulipati
01-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Received yesterday for 01/23.

Case details: TSC -> CSC -> TSC

kannan
01-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Mine is NSC to CA, Still in CA only,opened 2 SR for FP,no use.Anybody is still in CA

leoindiano
01-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Received yesterday for 01/23.

Case details: TSC -> CSC -> TSC

Dude,

Did your online status change after you called USCIS related to FP?

apahilaj
01-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Apahilaj,

Dingudi, I just sent you a PM...

leoindiano
01-26-2008, 06:35 PM
called USCIS on jan 4th, they said they are scheduling, it will take 3 weeks to get the notice, till now nothing.
called yesterday again, this time they said 45 days. Opened SR. I am hearing no use with SR. Not sure what is going on?
Meanwhile, i gave this procedure to a freind and they got notices.

Can anybody tell me if there will be an LUD on i-485 when they issue a FP notice?

abhatti
01-30-2008, 06:55 PM
I had to travel back home so I called customer service to find out if I could get FP notice earlier so that I could do FP before departure.
Called Customer serivce on November 20th 2007, he generated a SR for me and then there was scilence for next 30 days.
after 30 days exactly on Dec 20th I got a letter saying

"On 11/20/2007 you, or the designated repersentative shown below, contacted us about your case. some of the key information given to us at that time was the following.

..........all the information here for my case/s.............

the status of this service request is:

USCIS service center records show that your finger print results have expired or a clearence has never been received. Fingerprints must be taken at the application support center (ASC) in your area. A notice will be mailed to you indicating a specific time, place and date to appear for biometrics processing at an application support center. All supporting documentation/evidence must be submitted at the time of the ASC appointment."

ever since am waiting for that magical biometrics letter.

Hope it helps

Atif

shantak
02-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I have been waiting for the FP in the hope that they will be issuing it soon, its already Feb and I have not received it yet. Im the only one who has not recieved the notice yet in my friends circle, I have opened an SR last week. Mine is TSC application. Are there any TSC guys yet to receive the FP notices. Overall are there a significant number of people still waiting or is it just a few of us
Thanks

apahilaj
02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I have been waiting for the FP in the hope that they will be issuing it soon, its already Feb and I have not received it yet. Im the only one who has not recieved the notice yet in my friends circle, I have opened an SR last week. Mine is TSC application. Are there any TSC guys yet to receive the FP notices. Overall are there a significant number of people still waiting or is it just a few of us
Thanks

Hi,

What is your 485 notice date and which state are you residing?

kannan
02-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Count me too. I am from NSC to CSC, my case is still in CA only.I don't know what is happening. I have opned 2 SR's also. I am a july 2 nd filer.

mhtanim
02-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Count me too. I am from NSC to CSC, my case is still in CA only.I don't know what is happening. I have opned 2 SR's also. I am a july 2 nd filer.

You are not the only one. My case is NSC-CSC-NSC and no FP yet.

shantak
02-04-2008, 09:39 AM
mine is July 2007 and im in Richmond, State of Virginia. Local ASC that would be processing my FP would be Norfolk.
Thanks
Hi,

What is your 485 notice date and which state are you residing?

leoindiano
02-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks

I am from TSC. My app went thru this TSC-Vermont-TSC cycle. No FP yet. Opened SR twice.

rtarar
02-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Called the service center.Muiltiple times.Opened SR twice still no FP yet.
Mine is a NSC->TSC case.

I will try calling them again today.

what else :-(

shantak
02-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I called my attorney today to inquire about this and he told me that one-third to one-fourth of the applications that he has filed in July are yet to receive the FP notices and he asked me not to worry about it.
Hope he is true and that we will be getting the FP notices soon.
I will keep you all updated
thanks

Called the service center.Muiltiple times.Opened SR twice still no FP yet.
Mine is a NSC->TSC case.

I will try calling them again today.

what else :-(

dingudi
02-05-2008, 12:38 PM
No FP yet for me too.July 2 filer. Application at TSC.

sanjay05
02-05-2008, 02:08 PM
No FP yet for me too.July 2 filer. Application at TSC.

I received my FP 4 days after infopass,

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16939

leoindiano
02-05-2008, 02:16 PM
We can get inforpass by visiting https://infopass.uscis.gov/, i will try that.

mariusp
02-15-2008, 09:04 AM
No FP yet... NSC Received Date July 12, 2007 - Notice Date TSC Sept. 10, 2007. All in all, almost 6 months and no sign of a biometrics appointment... bummer.

xela
02-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Call them a lot of us did, when we got moved from one center (receipt notice) to another for processing. You should get a FP notice soon after you talked to them!

mariusp
02-15-2008, 10:11 AM
I actually did call in mid Nov. and opened a SR. I then got a canned response about a month ago on how the case is within processing time and blah blah... I call again this morning and apparently their system was experiencing some kind of problem and the rep. wasn't able to open a new SR although she did apologize and thought that 5 months is an excessive amount of time to wait for biometrics. She then transferred me to an IO who based on the service center processing times posted online told me that they're currently processing May 07 and my receipt date of July 12 is not up yet.... What a bunch of BS!

Call them a lot of us did, when we got moved from one center (receipt notice) to another for processing. You should get a FP notice soon after you talked to them!

gjoe
02-15-2008, 10:44 AM
No FP yet... NSC Received Date July 12, 2007 - Notice Date TSC Sept. 10, 2007. All in all, almost 6 months and no sign of a biometrics appointment... bummer.

Called yestery they said I don't need a FP now. :)

"If required they will schedule me". I liked this one from the CS agent

kannan
02-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Me too, No FP till Today.......

apahilaj
02-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Count me in...

It seems like I've got the oldest Notice date of 8/27 who has not received the biometrics yet. Infopass was pure waste of time as well.

kannan
02-15-2008, 01:00 PM
I applied on July2,got the receipt on Aug 22 nd.Got EAD,AP.
One strange thing is my case is NSC to CSC but still in CSC only .I think except my case,all others cases transfred back to NSC.I do not know the reason.
Any comments please....

apahilaj
02-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I am assuming you guys saw this:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/USCISUpdate(biometricchanges)(17Feb08).pdf

USCIS will consolidate FPs for 485 and EADs. So if we don't receive biometrics for 485, hopefully we will get one for EAD renewal which will also serve the purpose for 485 processing.

Note: This only applies to concurrent filers of 485 and EAD.

dingudi
02-18-2008, 12:07 PM
I am assuming you guys saw this:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/USCISUpdate(biometricchanges)(17Feb08).pdf

USCIS will consolidate FPs for 485 and EADs. So if we don't receive biometrics for 485, hopefully we will get one for EAD renewal which will also serve the purpose for 485 processing.

Note: This only applies to concurrent filers of 485 and EAD.

Apahilaj,

Yes I saw that but mine was not concurrent filing. I applied for EAD couple of months after I-485 filing and have also received the EAD.Still waiting for FP though.

gcformeornot
02-18-2008, 07:57 PM
for FP for myself. Dependents did month ago....

visli_com
02-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Tomorrow will be my FP at santa ana,ca , my case was nsc->csc->nsc. 2nd july filer.

mariusp
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
As an update,
I called TSC again today. Previously, I called early in the morning here on the East Coast and was transferred to the national service center, so at least this time I got to speak to someone @ TSC.
I gave them my receipt # and as soon as I mentioned biometrics the person said that she will schedule appointments for me and my wife and depending on availability at the local center I should get an appointment letter in the following 60 days. They must be getting a lot of this type of calls because she was very prompt to schedule the appointment. I also asked about my NC status and that was cleared in Sept so good news there as well.
I'm a little more optimistic as this time as at least now I know that USCIS initiated the request.... I'll wait and see what happens next.

So basically, this is the 3rd time I call and the first time they're willing to do anything to help.

I actually did call in mid Nov. and opened a SR. I then got a canned response about a month ago on how the case is within processing time and blah blah... I call again this morning and apparently their system was experiencing some kind of problem and the rep. wasn't able to open a new SR although she did apologize and thought that 5 months is an excessive amount of time to wait for biometrics. She then transferred me to an IO who based on the service center processing times posted online told me that they're currently processing May 07 and my receipt date of July 12 is not up yet.... What a bunch of BS!

apahilaj
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
As an update,
I called TSC again today. Previously, I called early in the morning here on the East Coast and was transferred to the national service center, so at least this time I got to speak to someone @ TSC.
I gave them my receipt # and as soon as I mentioned biometrics the person said that she will schedule appointments for me and my wife and depending on availability at the local center I should get an appointment letter in the following 60 days. They must be getting a lot of this type of calls because she was very prompt to schedule the appointment. I also asked about my NC status and that was cleared in Sept so good news there as well.
I'm a little more optimistic as this time as at least now I know that USCIS initiated the request.... I'll wait and see what happens next.

So basically, this is the 3rd time I call and the first time they're willing to do anything to help.

I got same exact response as you regarding 60 days wait - only difference is my name check is still pending. Personally, I don't trust this any more until I get it...

shantak
03-18-2008, 12:07 PM
I got same exact response as you regarding 60 days wait - only difference is my name check is still pending. Personally, I don't trust this any more until I get it...

Apahilaj,
Any update on your FP. Im still waiting for mine. I dont know how many are like us.
As you said my only concern is will it impact EAD renewal in any way?
People, please throw in some comments who have not received their FP yet

apahilaj
03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Apahilaj,
Any update on your FP. Im still waiting for mine. I dont know how many are like us.
As you said my only concern is will it impact EAD renewal in any way?
People, please throw in some comments who have not received their FP yet

No FP yet. Got a response to my SR indicating that I will get the notice once the appointment is available at my local ASC.

dingudi
03-18-2008, 12:24 PM
No FP yet for me either. spouse received and completed FP couple of weeks ago.

I do not understand why the national center tells that FP is based on local availability and local center tells no FP because name check pending . These are so inconsistent and different answers we get from same organization.

saketkapur
03-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Had opened my 2nd SR on March 1st....asked to call back on April 3rd if still no notices........:o

mhtanim
03-18-2008, 12:31 PM
No FP yet either.

here4gc
03-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I opened SR in Jan...in Feb they sent letter that security checks are pending..so I took INFOPASS after talking with attorney...went to INFOPASS and was rudely told that it could take a long time because Namecheck is pending..no idea how long it will take...i was like..if security check is pending do my FP and check everything...but no...they want to do name check..okay..then attorney said to wait 1 more month...he called last week to USCIS and they said...oh we responded on FEB..to the original SR..the response was..its still pending..hell..i know that already..what the hell are u doing about it ?? i thought they were supposed to work on an SR and get it out of the way in 60 days..now lawyer is asking to wait 1 more month because he is saying 60 days from Feb...GOSH..and i am waiting for 140 also...filed in July went to NSC-TSC blackhole..God knows what will happen...

mariusp
03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Called two weeks ago as per my post above. No FP yet. At this point I don't even care anymore... :(

shantak
03-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Called two weeks ago as per my post above. No FP yet. At this point I don't even care anymore... :(

Thats a good way to lead the life, but this immigration process is taking a big toll . Hope we all come out of this
Thanks everyone for providing an update. Atleast that gives an idea as to how many are still waiting. Please update accordingly

VivekAhuja
03-18-2008, 07:36 PM
By now you should have had your EAD and AP in hand - after FP was done. What was the reason for the delay? Most of these cases got FP notices within 4 weeks of Aug 17th.

mariusp
03-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Most of us filed in July but had our cases transfered to TSC later. For example, I filed July 12 @ NSC and the receipt was generated on Sept 10 from TSC. I know of others with ND Sept 10 @ TSC who didn't receive FP notices, including coworkers of mine. It looks like someone at TSC took a few shortcuts during the receipting process.

My frustration comes from the fact that I've called three times and opened SRs but still nothing. I don't see how someone can honestly screw up three times and fail to schedule a simple FP appointment. If this is such a huge task for them you can imagine how the entire process is handled and why we 're all stuck waiting for name checks, priority dates, processing dates, biometrics appointments, extended reviews, and the rest of the crap...

By now you should have had your EAD and AP in hand - after FP was done. What was the reason for the delay? Most of these cases got FP notices within 4 weeks of Aug 17th.

shankar_thanu
03-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I applied 485 on July2nd 2007, we never got the FP notice, I called up the USCIS inquiry number, opened two service requests, nothing happened. My lawyer sent a letter asking USCIS to look at our case, that was ignored as well. We finally got an Infopass appointment and went to the office today, after a little bit of confusion, we were told that the most likely cause was that we sent pictures along with our EAD applications and that confused CIS procedures and they missed sending us FP notices.

Cant believe this crappy explanation, but this is what we were told. We were told that usually they call people in for FP and take the pictures and then process the EADs. Anyway, it took all of ten minutes to figure this out and issue us an FP notice, there is no reason they couldnt have done this over the phone...

Good thing though is that not having the FP done does not stop then from processing the Name check and infact my wife's name check has been completed..

Hope that helps...

mani_r1
03-24-2008, 11:08 PM
I applied 485 on July2nd 2007, we never got the FP notice, I called up the USCIS inquiry number, opened two service requests, nothing happened. My lawyer sent a letter asking USCIS to look at our case, that was ignored as well. We finally got an Infopass appointment and went to the office today, after a little bit of confusion, we were told that the most likely cause was that we sent pictures along with our EAD applications and that confused CIS procedures and they missed sending us FP notices.

Cant believe this crappy explanation, but this is what we were told. We were told that usually they call people in for FP and take the pictures and then process the EADs. Anyway, it took all of ten minutes to figure this out and issue us an FP notice, there is no reason they couldnt have done this over the phone...

Good thing though is that not having the FP done does not stop then from processing the Name check and infact my wife's name check has been completed..

Hope that helps...

Which USCIS office did you go ? Did they schedule your FP or did you get your FP done there itself?

Thanks

shankar_thanu
03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Mani_r1,
Went to the Washington DC office in Fairfax (Prosperity Ave). Got an appointment for finger printing scheduled for April8

gckalafda
03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
I have postponed my finger prints when I was in India back in Oct 2007, and I haven't got yet, should I ask them send it again or should I wait untill they send it to me.

I heared some where in the forum that when your comeback to India they took fingerprints at the prot of entry and that is sufficient.

Is that true?

Guru's Please reply if you have any Idea.

gcformeornot
03-26-2008, 10:28 PM
for me. Family already done.
Are any of you guys still waiting like me?

gcformeornot
03-27-2008, 08:25 AM
service rep. I tried calling could not find a way to talk to somebody to create SR. Can anybody help? What are sequence of numbers after calling 800 number...

Thanks.

shantak
03-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Well after you enter the receipt notice, automated service gives you the information and then you can press the option that you did not find any info and then it will connect to a rep and tell him to open an SR
Atleast this is what I did

service rep. I tried calling could not find a way to talk to somebody to create SR. Can anybody help? What are sequence of numbers after calling 800 number...

Thanks.

sai948
04-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I am not sure if opening SR helps, especially for TSC. I opened SR 30 days ago and still waiting. They have not scheduled me yet for an appointment.

Me too raised 2 SR with TSC, no use

sai948
04-06-2008, 12:30 AM
I opened a SR for non receipt of my FP notice, on 30Oct2007. I got a reply from USCIS exactly after 45 days ( very prompt) notifying me that " my FP has not yet expired or my FP is not yet cleared". Certainly this looks like a canned reply from USCIS which was sent even without looking at my file. I guess they should be more transparent in their process than just sending plain lies.

I also got the same message. NO FP after 2 SR & 1 info pass (case transferred from NSC to TSC).

MightyIndian
04-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Finally received my FP notice today after 7 months. FP appointment on 5/12.

mhtanim
04-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Finally received my FP notice today after 7 months. FP appointment on 5/12.

Did you make service requests for FP?

MightyIndian
04-29-2008, 02:23 AM
No. Tried to call NSC a few times and got diffferent stories on why my fp notice is being dealyed. I gave up trying after my last call 2 weeks ago wherein an IO told me to wait until middle of May.

mhtanim
04-29-2008, 02:35 AM
No. Tried to call NSC a few times and got diffferent stories on why my fp notice is being dealyed. I gave up trying after my last call 2 weeks ago wherein an IO told me to wait until middle of May.

Mine is like your's - NSC - CSC - NSC. My I-485 receipt number starts with WAC. No FP notice yet. Who knows what they are doing.

mariusp
05-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Guys, I finally got my notices today after 9 months. I called customer service on numerous occasions and opened 2 SR. Most recently, after my case was transferred to NSC, I called the service center on 04/28 and finally they scheduled me. I got an LUD on 04/28 after the call and another one on 04/29. Today I have the notices in my hand with an appointment date of 05/13.

If you're still waiting for your notices, call the service center, explain your situation and don't stop calling until you see an LUD on your case.

imm_check
05-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Has any one in the forum here have a FP notice for a 4 and half year child during the 485 process. I ask this question as my daughter did not get one.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

kannan
05-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Last Friday I called Customer Service Center and told them that I did not get FP and Biometrics .I used the words that I was depressed ,worried and all others who applied after me got FP but I did not get it ,my son going to be 21etc .......Finally Male IO scheduled FP immediately for me and my family on May 16.I saw LUD on Friday itself and another Lud on sunday ,today I got the letter.

Options That I choose

1-800-375-5283
R.no

jackisback
05-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Has any one in the forum here have a FP notice for a 4 and half year child during the 485 process. I ask this question as my daughter did not get one.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, I got a FP notice for my daughter as she was born in India; and I had applied 485 for her as well.
She was 4 and a half years in Nov 07 when we got the notice. I am a July-Aug 07 filer.
Her FP notice came for a separate date though, diff from my wife's and mine.
I wd suggest you to call USCIS/ur attorney and check.

Hope that helps.

pbojja
05-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Opening SR is like making a wish to god , which may come true

I opened SR when my wife lost her EAD in post , they gave me a 45 day time frame , nothing happened .. Called again and they open other SR , and asked again to wait for other 45 days ... I guess this cycle continues

I asked about my first SR while opening a second SR , reply they had no idea as they requested it with CIS , funny answer I also asked why there is a number if they have no idea ... By the way you will get letter from CIS stating that they received the request and they are processing it and you will hear from us with in 45 days .. If not call us ...ah ah

At last I was able to get EAD with in 5 days with the help of CISOmbudsman .

kannan
05-07-2008, 07:21 PM
I got biometrics notice today. Will they take FP also on the same day or Will I get another notice for FP?

mariusp
05-07-2008, 10:02 PM
They almost always take some kind of FPs. What I mean is that there are 3 biometrics codes. Code 3 is the most comprehensive, where they take your photo, signature and all ten fingers FP. Check your notice in the upper right corner, there should be a box that says "Code".

I got biometrics notice today. Will they take FP also on the same day or Will I get another notice for FP?

apahilaj
05-07-2008, 10:38 PM
They almost always take some kind of FPs. What I mean is that there are 3 biometrics codes. Code 3 is the most comprehensive, where they take your photo, signature and all ten fingers FP. Check your notice in the upper right corner, there should be a box that says "Code".

I always used to think (and still think) why they would issue different FP codes to different applicants even though they are all applying for same 485 petition?

Do different codes have different relevance?

danu2007
05-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Please write a letter to CIS Ombudsman and they will open a case with USCIS to follow up and it will have results. I have done it once and I got the response from USCIS faster.

You can find more details here

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

prakgc
05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi.. still no FP notice for me and my wife.. am a July 3rd filer with case transferred to TSC with a sept 10th notice date..

Have opened at least 3 SR's, called TSC several times (last was a month back) when the agent said we have sent a request to local ASC...

How long is is typically taking when IO says sent request to local ASC?

Any other ideas.. i have taking infopass as well and there was no use..

How many still waiting for a FP notice from July from TSC?

Michigan123
05-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I am waiting for FP .Even I have called TSC having intention to open SR ,i got the reply all files are up to date and they can not open SR for FP ...Files indicate that FP is complete.(God knows what they mean,whose fingerprint they have on my file) ....I have not given any FP so far except at the PORT of entry .

shaq
05-19-2008, 02:13 PM
I am waiting for FP .Even I have called TSC having intention to open SR ,i got the reply all files are up to date and they can not open SR for FP ...Files indicate that FP is complete.(God knows what they mean,whose fingerprint they have on my file) ....I have not given any FP so far except at the PORT of entry .

Have you received your FP?

rtarar
05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
I am a July 2nd Filer.

No FP yet.

Details in signature.

mhtanim
05-19-2008, 02:42 PM
No FP yet either.

rayoflight
05-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Called 3/14 the first time and was told that FP would be scheduled. Never heard so called again on 5/9 and this time was told to callback after 60 days from the initial call.

I spoke with one rep who said that they are processing "June 29th" applications so you have to wait for your "Biometrics Appointment". I am kinda lost on this one.

What is the best number to reach the right Customer Service department alongwith the options to reach a live person to speak with who can actually schedule the Biometrics Appointment.

Am a July 2nd Filer - Actual Application filed on Sep 10th.

Cheers,

kannan
05-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Called 3/14 the first time and was told that FP would be scheduled. Never heard so called again on 5/9 and this time was told to callback after 60 days from the initial call.

I spoke with one rep who said that they are processing "June 29th" applications so you have to wait for your "Biometrics Appointment". I am kinda lost on this one.

What is the best number to reach the right Customer Service department alongwith the options to reach a live person to speak with who can actually schedule the Biometrics Appointment.

Am a July 2nd Filer - Actual Application filed on Sep 10th.

Cheers,

On May 2 nd I called Customer Service Center and told them that I did not get FP and Biometrics .I used the words that I was depressed ,worried and all others who applied after me got FP but I did not get it ,my son going to be 21etc .......Finally Male IO scheduled FP immediately for me and my family on May 16.I saw LUD on Friday itself and another Lud on sunday ,I got the letter on next wednesday and i finished my fp on may 16 .

Options That I choose

1-800-375-5283
R.no

rayoflight
05-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks so much for your quick reply and the phone number with the options. What does R.no stand for?

nepaliboy
05-19-2008, 06:03 PM
i had call several times open service request 3times but no help finelly i took infopass and went to atlanta to see io he fineally shedule me for 28th may but i have not receive appointment letter yet .
do you think i will receive letter ?
after fingerprint i will see lud or not?
i am july 2nd 2007 filler and my pd is november 2005 row , my visa is current now so what will happen after my fingerprint to my file?
will they put back again somewhere storage place or they will finished my fille work?

mariusp
05-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Try to call the service center directly, e.g. call at a time when the service center is open. The 1-800 number will transfer you automatically and you should hear something like "welcome to NSC/TSC, etc...". If the service center is closed and they transfer you to the national customer service something you can hang up because they're useless. All they know is to open SRs which get routed to the thrash bin.

I did exactly as in the post above, except for the part where I tell them I'm "depressed" (they probably figured I was anyway :)) and I got my FP notice three days later. I got a soft LUD right after the call, which is a good indication that the IO actually did something. If you don't get an LUD call again the next day, and the next day,..... eventually you'll run into someone who can help.

i had call several times open service request 3times but no help finelly i took infopass and went to atlanta to see io he fineally shedule me for 28th may but i have not receive appointment letter yet .
do you think i will receive letter ?
after fingerprint i will see lud or not?
i am july 2nd 2007 filler and my pd is november 2005 row , my visa is current now so what will happen after my fingerprint to my file?
will they put back again somewhere storage place or they will finished my fille work?

rtarar
05-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I am a 2 July 2007 filer. Many SR's and calls later no FP.But I applied for EAD and AP renewal last week.I got the FP notice in mail today.

So I think that the renewal may trigger a FP notice.

-R

shantak
05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
I am a 2 July 2007 filer. Many SR's and calls later no FP.But I applied for EAD and AP renewal last week.I got the FP notice in mail today.

-R
Did you efile your EAP and AP renewal.

Aah_GC
05-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Same boat guys. July 07 filer and have not received my FP yet. My lawyer thinks it should not be a problem at all, and I read of a case here who got his GC without ever fingerprinting.

Am about to renew my EAD and AP in a couple of week's time and that is the only hope left. I sincerely hope not receiving FP is not a major drawback.

God bless.

rtarar
05-20-2008, 09:22 AM
I am a July 2nd Filer, and have not gone through FP till now.

I e filed on 11th May for EAD /AP renewal for myself and spouse.

LUD on 14 th May. Receipt notices received 16 th may.

Got FP notice only for myself on 19 th May.
(Still waiting for spouse's FP notice)

-R

shantak
05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
As you have efiled your EAD the FP you have received might not necessarily mean the FP for 485, it could be just for EAD. Gurus any comment!!
I am a July 2nd Filer, and have not gone through FP till now.

I e filed on 11th May for EAD /AP renewal for myself and spouse.

LUD on 14 th May. Receipt notices received 16 th may.

Got FP notice only for myself on 19 th May.
(Still waiting for spouse's FP notice)

-R

rayoflight
05-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I just called and spoke with the CR. She told me that she would put me in the queue and to expect the appointment anywhere between 6-8 weeks but nothing happenned on the LUD side online.

Do I have to call back tommorow again?

utthesta
05-20-2008, 03:12 PM

-R
Hi,
I filed mine on 27th July, 2007;
Do I need to apply for renewal now? How sooner or later we can apply for renewal?

mhtanim
05-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi,
I filed mine on 27th July, 2007;
Do I need to apply for renewal now? How sooner or later we can apply for renewal?

You can file for renewal beginning 120 days before your EAD/AP expires.

utthesta
05-21-2008, 10:05 AM
You can file for renewal beginning 120 days before your EAD/AP expires.
Thank you!!

rtarar
05-21-2008, 10:25 AM
As you have efiled your EAD the FP you have received might not necessarily mean the FP for 485, it could be just for EAD. Gurus any comment!!

Well in my opinion(although it doesn't count) an FP is an FP and it is for I-485 and EAD happens to use biometric information on the card.

I 'll try not to lose my sleep over it... chill!!!!!!!

-R

dingudi
05-21-2008, 11:04 AM
All who are still waiting for FP, a suggestion based on my personal experience. If you are calling TSC, then it will not make any difference as you will not receive FP notice even after calling and waiting for months. I would suggest take Infopass and get the FP scheduled. For NSC, sometimes if you get nice IO they may schedule you right away and tell you the date of FP on the phone itself. This info is all based on my past experiences of reading various threads and calling TSC. So I am not sure what the trend is right now.

nepaliboy
05-21-2008, 11:40 AM
last week i took infopass and got shedule for biometric , i am also july 2nd filler and had not receive appointment until last week.
my appointment actually at 28th may 2008 but yesterday i went to asc and told them i will be leaving usa next week and request to take biometric fineally i am able to get biometric yesterday.
but i have to pay $25 for him doing my fevour because with out that he isnot willing to do so.
there is no lud today on my i-485 so could you please tell me how long it take to get lud ?
how long it take to clear fbi?
what is soft lud and hard lud ?
my pd is current so will i soon see my i-485 processing ?

gccovet
05-21-2008, 12:28 PM
last week i took infopass and got shedule for biometric , i am also july 2nd filler and had not receive appointment until last week.
my appointment actually at 28th may 2008 but yesterday i went to asc and told them i will be leaving usa next week and request to take biometric fineally i am able to get biometric yesterday.
but i have to pay $25 for him doing my fevour because with out that he isnot willing to do so.
there is no lud today on my i-485 so could you please tell me how long it take to get lud ?
how long it take to clear fbi?
what is soft lud and hard lud ?
my pd is current so will i soon see my i-485 processing ?

Hi,
Why did you have to pay $25? Is it for any official fees? Did you get a receipt for that 25$?
Just curious.
GCCovet

nepaliboy
05-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi,
Why did you have to pay $25? Is it for any official fees? Did you get a receipt for that 25$?
Just curious.
GCCovet
because my appointment date is may 28th , he asked if i will pay for him he will do that today so i did

nepaliboy
05-21-2008, 07:08 PM
i had biometric yesterday but no Lud yet until today .
when i will see LUD?
what is soft LUD and hard LUD?

shantak
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
because my appointment date is may 28th , he asked if i will pay for him he will do that today so i did

hehehe, are you serious about this?

shantak
05-21-2008, 07:11 PM
i had biometric yesterday but no Lud yet until today .
when i will see LUD?
what is soft LUD and hard LUD?
Soft meaning just the date changes and not the message. Hard meaning even the online status message changes

nepaliboy
05-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks
but when you can see ?
i see some are posting same day they saw lud but mine is already 24 hours , still nothing going on >

mhtanim
07-15-2008, 12:50 AM
I have finally received my FP notice today for my I-485. My case was NSC-CSC-NSC. Never made any service request.

I have recently applied (paper based) for renewal of EAD and AP. Not sure if that triggered the FP notice.

I wish good luck to those who are still waiting for FP notice.

abhisam
07-15-2008, 01:42 AM
I have finally received my FP notice today for my I-485. My case was NSC-CSC-NSC. Never made any service request.

I have recently applied (paper based) for renewal of EAD and AP. Not sure if that triggered the FP notice.

I wish good luck to those who are still waiting for FP notice.

When did u apply for your ead? i am in the same boat and have filed for paper based EAD. hope to get my fp notice soon.

mhtanim
07-15-2008, 02:00 AM
When did u apply for your ead? i am in the same boat and have filed for paper based EAD. hope to get my fp notice soon.

I applied for my EAD and AP renewal on the second week of May 2008. Again, I am not sure if EAD or AP renewal triggered the FP notice. Good luck to you.

abhisam
07-15-2008, 02:05 AM
I applied for my EAD and AP renewal on the second week of May 2008. Again, I am not sure if EAD or AP renewal triggered the FP notice. Good luck to you.

thank you mhtanim. i would appreciate it if you could let me know when you recieve your ead..would like to track how long it takes. i am worried that i would not recieve by renewal before my current ead expires.

karanp25
07-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Did you get your EAD/AP approval yet? I filed in 1st week of May, but nothing yet?

mhtanim
07-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Did you get your EAD/AP approval yet? I filed in 1st week of May, but nothing yet?

No I didn't get approval for either one yet. I have seen lots of people who filed after me and already got approval.

settling_withgc
07-18-2008, 03:19 PM
I got my FP done in Jan 2008 but we never got the FP for my wife. We put in a SR with USCIS customer service.
We did get a response about the delays, but it is taking more than 60 days to get a response.

It has been 5 months since that response came.

We called USCIS customer service and they suggested to go to the fingerprinting location, along with original I-485 receipt notice and the letter stating the delay and see if the IO would take the FP the same day.

Lets see ....