PDA

View Full Version : when to call USCIS for FP appointment

irrational
11-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Folks,
I wanted to know how long should I wait for FP notices before I should call USCIS and know the status wether they have sent me my FP notices or not ?

I had a wrong address on my 485 application. I changed the address on the USCIS site as soon as I realized that. I recieved a confirmation from USCIS that my address has changed.

I am worried that the FP notice would still be sent to wrong address even though I updated my address (few people faced this problem). Yeah, my luck SUX :)

Thanks to one and all for sharing such valuble information.

-Bipin

logiclife
11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
If you used a lawyer to file for these things, your lawyer will get a courtesy copy of your fingerprint appt so let your lawyer know that there is change of address in your case and there is small chance you might not get it and you would like your lawyer's office to scan and email you the courtesy copy that they get. That way, atleast you wont miss the appt.

irrational
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Thats the problem. My company was too cheap and they hid the fact that
they are not going through a lawyer. They sent the application as a self application.

Hence, the question about the slight chance that I miss my appointment.

rpatel
11-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Typically the FP notices are issued about 2 weeks after your receipt notices so if its already more than 2 weeks since you got your receipts, may be you should call them and inquire about the FP. I believe the officer at level 2 would be able to tell you whether or not a FP notice has been issued, they won't be able to tell you the exact appointment date though....either they don't know or they are not allowed to share.

MYGCBY2010
11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Typically the FP notices are issued about 2 weeks after your receipt notices so if its already more than 2 weeks since you got your receipts, may be you should call them and inquire about the FP. I believe the officer at level 2 would be able to tell you whether or not a FP notice has been issued, they won't be able to tell you the exact appointment date though....either they don't know or they are not allowed to share.

Can you tell me the USCIS number to contact ?.. including the OPtions...

paragpujara
11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Number to call
Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number
press 1 (now listen to the case update info)
press 3
press 4

(now if you hear a male voice prompting you to take notes..... your call be transferred to immigration officer / Customer Representative)

DavidBLg
11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Hello,

I'm a student of 23 from Belgium and I intend to make my internship in Philadelphia in febr. I met my emploeer in June when i came to find an training.
I gave to him the I-129 form which is necessary for the demand of a visa for an intern. I sent him the last details late september, moment he could send the form to the USCIS. I still don't have any news from the USCIS and I need to have a receipt number to know about the status of my case. Could you tell me how i can know if he sent the form or not. I just sent him an e-mail but i'd like to know before. I'm kind of in a hurry because if I don't get that visa I need to find an internship in Belgium, which can take long.

Plus I tried to call the number 785-330-1048 many times before knowing I needed a receipt number but this number seems to no longer exist, plus the USCIS website doesn't work from here, I don't know if it's general.

Thank you for your help.

David