PDA

View Full Version : When will USCIS restart 140 premium filing?

deer
11-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Any idea, when can premium processing restart again? My visa expires on 12th Jan '08. Can get 2 months extension for the time I spent in India for vacation. Should I apply for extension for 2 months and stay in USA OR leave USA and file extension from India to come back for 485 filing? Employer is very supportive. I am desperately waiting for the premium filing. Any suggestions?

getrdone
11-05-2007, 04:12 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15110

Leo07
11-05-2007, 04:27 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15110

:) this thread is closed by our IV God, pappu. I have sent him my email address and phone number and has not responded...probably doing an FBI check as we speak:)

deer
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
I will wait for the updates. Let me know if I can do something.

getrdone
11-05-2007, 04:59 PM
go through the thread you will see addr of uscis officials and draft of letter
thanks

abhijitrajan
11-05-2007, 11:21 PM
:) this thread is closed by our IV God, pappu. I have sent him my email address and phone number and has not responded...probably doing an FBI check as we speak:)

I'm not sure why I spent an hour writing something up only to find that thread missing. A courtesy FYI would've been nice. Anyways I do recognize we're all on the same side in the bigger battle.

getrdone
11-06-2007, 02:13 AM
you know even 40-50 individual letters to USCIS gods will make difference.
Ofcourse with the blessing of IV !!
keep the faith...

glus
11-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi,
Some time ago USCIS announced that it would not re-instate PP for I140 due to extremely high volume of new applications coming in. It would be good if they could re-instate it ASAP, but I don't think they will do it this year. They are still processing July 2nd I485 receipts! Believe or not, last week one of my friends received I485 receipt dated October 22, and he filed on July 2nd in NSC!!!....

Leo07
11-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I have talked with a IV Core member and am about 70-80% convinced with the answers. I'm meeting with my State Chapter this weekend and will discuss an effective way forward on this issue. "Doing Nothing" is not an option.Please do not waste your time and energy responding to the 'nayer's' comments.

If we can form a group with 'Real' people then with IV's direction we can move forward...without getting hurt and without hurting other's efforts. At the moment I see GetrDone,Abhijit,Leo07,ras and deer are the only people...for it.

That's my opinion feel free to butcher...

walking_dude
11-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Leo,

Glad to know you're doing it the right way - by contacting your State Chapter leaders and interacting with them. (Anyone from Michigan in similar situations can join MI chapter, and we'll be happy to guide you).

Please, don't attribute 'vested interest' or 'no stakes' to ALL naysayers. Losing activist members to AC21 loopholes is a loss to the movement. We're all interested in avoiding that, as much as we can. Try to keep your actions positive and inclusive. Coalition building is the way to achieve success.

All the best in your efforts to lead a 'Special Interests Group' (SIG) on I-140 PP. Joining and consulting with State Chapter leads will definitely help you in moving forward.

Keep in mind you're in the territory of 'Executive Lobbying' which is much more tougher than the 'Legislative Lobbying' of IV. Hardwork lies ahead.

Best of luck

I have talked with a IV Core member and am about 70-80% convinced with the answers. I'm meeting with my State Chapter this weekend and will discuss an effective way forward on this issue. "Doing Nothing" is not an option.All these nay'ers on this subject, just do not have any stake in the outcome and naturally they will not be supportive. Please do not waste your time and energy responding to their comments.

If we can form a group with 'Real' people then with IV's direction we can move forward...without getting hurt and without hurting other's efforts. At the moment I see GetrDone,Abhijit,Leo07,ras and deer are the only people...for it.

That's my opinion feel free to butcher...

getrdone
11-06-2007, 05:30 PM
it safeguards the PD regardless of 485.
Keeping PD keeps the hope and keeps ppl in IV.

Leo07
11-06-2007, 07:24 PM
it safeguards the PD regardless of 485.
Keeping PD keeps the hope and keeps ppl in IV.
Taking back...

abhijitrajan
11-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Somebody posted on another thread quoting USCIS customer service that they plan to process all I-140's from july/aug timeframe by early Feb 2008. I think we should verify that information and if correct, wait for a couple of months before starting this campaign.

getrdone
11-07-2007, 12:45 AM
lets not wait until Feb, and repent in Feb.
Even if we are thru, it may help folks behind us.

sunofeast_gc
11-07-2007, 04:00 AM
No body knows...

Leo07
11-07-2007, 11:21 AM
As soon as I meet with my State Chapter, I'll update the thread with more information. I'll post you guys private messages individually...if it's too complex
It may be little more than sending out 'Certified Letters'.

GetrDone,Abhijit,ras,deer: I assume you guys are in, aren't you?

deer
11-07-2007, 12:48 PM
February will be too late for me....but still will be good as compare to more than 12 months at Nebraska.
I am thinking of going back to India before my visa expires on 01/12/08. I have 10 weeks vacation, which I think should be keeping for later. Labor was not files 12 months prior, hence don't have 1 yr extension.
Does anybody know whether I should be in USA to file I-140? I think I am needed for 485 only, right?
Any suggestions?

deer
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
I am in Leo.

milind70
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
February will be too late for me....but still will be good as compare to more than 12 months at Nebraska.
I am thinking of going back to India before my visa expires on 01/12/08. I have 10 weeks vacation, which I think should be keeping for later. Labor was not files 12 months prior, hence don't have 1 yr extension.
Does anybody know whether I should be in USA to file I-140? I think I am needed for 485 only, right?
Any suggestions?

You can remain outside US for the entire GC process as GC is for future employment. Yes 140 can be filed when u r outside the country.
Only for AOS /485 you are required to be in country as your non immigrant staus is adjusted to immigrant status. If you are out of the country then your 485 cant be filed as you have no status in this country so how can the status be adjusted but rather you can go for CP (Consular Processing).
If u need to file 485 then you need to be in the country. Hope this expalnation clears up the doubt

milind70
11-07-2007, 01:32 PM
you know even 40-50 individual letters to USCIS gods will make difference.
Ofcourse with the blessing of IV !!
keep the faith...

We can defiantely try but I am not sure it is going to help. There is a reason why the premium processing is temporarily put on hold because USCIS recieved 400K plus 485 applications and 400K applications for EADs and AP.
Around 800K applications are pretty tough to handle , I am pretty sure USCIS would resume 140 premium processing as soon as they can as they would like to earn more revenue.

getrdone
11-07-2007, 03:11 PM
but can they start PP with increased processing time from 15 to 60 days?

cagedcactus
11-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Premium processing is more than just leisure my friend.
Its whole purpose is to expedite the process for those who have smaller time frame to work with, but dont mind spending the money.
If you tell them to increase time from 15 days to 60... it would be very unfair to those in future who want 15 days PP and truly have smaller window of time.

getrdone
11-08-2007, 04:26 AM
and another back log reduction center

cagedcactus
11-08-2007, 08:27 AM
So if I understand you correct....
You want the PP of I 140 changed from 15 days, to 60 days. You want this to be done granted that they will start it now....
And you want them to open up another backlog reduction center. ( I assume that you want this, so that they can handle the current flow of EAD, AP, I 485, and your newly proposed long version of PP)....

And what about those who dont have 60 days of time to get approved in future? Arent we being a little biased here? Arent we asking USCIS to adjust every time, so that it fits our requirements.... you know very well, that it is not going to happen, dont you? The process timings change every month. They are not going to adjust that fast for us. We would love them to, but its a wishful thinking.

USCIS has clearly told that it is concentrating on getting EAD and AP approved for those who filed it before the august deadline. Once that load is gone, the PP of I 140 will be restarted.
I know that a lot of people would like to have PP right now. I, for one, have the I 140 pending in system, and would love to convert it to PP. But I must aim for the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is, to get rid of this whole bottleneck process. We can spend all our time raising flags everytime there is an issue like this. But instead we can spend that time to build up local chapters, and meek local law makers, and gain their support for the future bills that are going to get rid of the whole backlog itself.....

deer
11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Any updates Leo?

lonedesi
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Has anyone heard regarding the restarting of PP for I-140? Any possibilities it may be started anytime soon? Please post any updates