PDA

View Full Version : FP notice/appointment mess due to wrong address

iyera
11-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I moved from NJ to California a few months ago, but my 485 application filed as a dependant of my husband had the older NJ address. I updated the address on the USCIS website folllowing the move, but it apparently has not been reflected in my 485. My husband received his EAD card and Biometric appointment notice a few days ago, his appointment is next week. Since we did not hear about my application, I called USCIS and discovered that both the EAD card and Biometric appointment notice was mailed to my older NJ address. They have not recieved the undelivered mail back yet. On top of it, my Biometric appointment was on Oct 2 which I have missed unknowingly. I asked the rep to put in a request for a new notice to be sent to my current address. Our concern is that my dependent case could be considered 'Abandoned' due to my no-show. Has anyone gone through something similar and have a suggestion? Would it help if I accompanied my husband for his FP and request them to fingerprint me too? Thanks in advance!

va_217
11-01-2007, 07:15 PM
If you accompany your husband they may not do your FP as they will ask for original notice that they sent, check with your attorney in any case they have it as USCIS sends a copy of it to them also. Not sure will they allow to do FP if you carry also, give a try

psk79
11-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I moved from NJ to California a few months ago, but my 485 application filed as a dependant of my husband had the older NJ address. I updated the address on the USCIS website folllowing the move, but it apparently has not been reflected in my 485. My husband received his EAD card and Biometric appointment notice a few days ago, his appointment is next week. Since we did not hear about my application, I called USCIS and discovered that both the EAD card and Biometric appointment notice was mailed to my older NJ address. They have not recieved the undelivered mail back yet. On top of it, my Biometric appointment was on Oct 2 which I have missed unknowingly. I asked the rep to put in a request for a new notice to be sent to my current address. Our concern is that my dependent case could be considered 'Abandoned' due to my no-show. Has anyone gone through something similar and have a suggestion? Would it help if I accompanied my husband for his FP and request them to fingerprint me too? Thanks in advance!

I was in the same boat and missed the appoinment. I managed to contct the FP location and was told to come by next friday. Meanwhile, my attorney gave her copy of FP adn I took it with me. They took the biometrics and signed and stamped on those notices. Later, I called uscis and htey said htey got the fp results. Last week, my status changed to "Document mailed to applicant". I was worried but all they sent was my returned FP notice stapled with the original envelope and they send it to my new address. They did not reschedule my appoitnment or anything. So try to get the phone number of the FP location that you are supposed to go to and tlak to them. Tell them the date and time of the original appointment and then they can take your fp. it is better to also get the attorney's notice. Both notices are the exact copy.
just the mailing address changes.

nogc_noproblem
11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I just posted a response in the other thread about the same subject. Please refer that for detail, hope it helps.