PDA

View Full Version : Service Request (SR) for FP. Will it help?

Springflower
11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
This post pertains to all the people who have got Receipt notices, EAD &/ AP but DID NOT get FP notices.

I see some people calling USCIS and creating service requests (SR) for finger print (FP) notices.

I am wondering how far will it help? Do they take any action based on SR and send FP notices sooner? or do they their take own time

irrespective opening an SR?

Ours (mine & my wife's) are NSC-CSC-NSC transferred cases (July 6th '07 filing), and we have got EAD and AP in Septermber 2nd week.

As we got EAD & AP, we are in no hurry to get FP notices (no sleepless nights & frustration).

But looking at some people in this forum, I am wondering whether I need to call & open an SR.

I am also thinking to wait for some more time because of the volume of applications.

Is anybody got FP notices as a result of opening an SR?

Your responses will be appreciated.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Till now Contributed $150. Signed up for $50/month recurring contribution.

PD: March 2004 (EB3 - India)
I-140 approved: Feb 2006 (NSC)
I-485/EAD/AP applied: July 6th, 2007 (NSC)
Receipts received: 09/12/2007
EAD & AP received: Sept 14, 2007
FP : ?

Ram_C
11-01-2007, 04:29 PM
This post pertains to all the people who have got Receipt notices, EAD &/ AP but DID NOT get FP notices.

I see some people calling USCIS and creating service requests (SR) for finger print (FP) notices.

I am wondering how far will it help? Do they take any action based on SR and send FP notices sooner? or do they their take own time

Ours (mine & my wife's) are NSC-CSC-NSC transferred cases (July 6th '07 filing), and we have got EAD and AP in Septermber 2nd week.

As we got EAD & AP, we are in no hurry to get FP notices (no sleepless nights & frustration).

But looking at some people in this forum, I am wondering whether I need to call & open an SR.

I am also thinking to wait for some more time because of the volume of applications.

Thank you.

same here, received EAD and AP, however no FP notice yet. I plan on waiting for some more time (may be till end of Nov') before I call USCIS.

------
PD: feb' 05, EB2

zoozee
11-01-2007, 04:42 PM

Thank you.

We received our (me and my spouse) FP thru Sr - NSC.

mhtanim
11-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Mine is another NSC - CSC - NSC case. Got EAD and AP in early September. No FP Notice yet.

My lawyer (one of the biggest immigration law firms) responded to my concern saying they don't recommend their clients to call USCIS and open SR. However clients are welcome to do so if they want.

I will wait some more before calling the USCIS.

GCNaseeb
11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I do not know if opening SR would really be any help. I opened SR about 2 weeks ago and I have not heard anything yet.

If yours is a transfer case, there is already a thread on this topic.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14729

logiclife
11-01-2007, 05:22 PM
This really baffles. Why are people so eager to get fingerprinted? What is the big deal here? If you got receipt notices, approved EAD and approved AP, why cant you guys take a moment and enjoy the employment and travel freedom and why do you have to invent new worries especially about fingerprinting?

Its their job to fingerprint you, and they will fingerprint you. You are not going to miss the opportunity to get fingerprinted, because without that, your 485 is not going to get approved. So have patience, you will have the pleasure of giving your fingerprints every 15 months going forward until you get 485 approved.

To answer your question, there is no basis for you to open a service request for fingerprinting. Its not a separate petition that falls within any processing times and its not a benefit. its their internal process. Secondly, service requests dont do jack. I opened a service request to get my AP expedited and my AP was filed on July 24th. Nothing happened, they closed my service request and told me that my reasons for expediting dont fall within the emergency criteria defined by almight USCIS. I wanted to go to my brother's wedding in India and use AP for that. So much for family values we always hear about. A wedding in immediate family is not something important enough for USCIS to lift its massive bureaucratic ass, dig up a file, look at it for 10 minutes and approve it. No, not good enough. Someone has to be either dead or dying and only that is "emergency".

gcformeornot
11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
too said SR won't help. I haven't got FPs, but I am not sweating even I am leaving for India in 2 days. I will deal with it when I come back.

mhtanim
11-02-2007, 02:33 AM
It probably will take years till my PD becomes current. I wouldn't care if USCIS doesn't do biometrics for me for another couple of years if I knew that's normal.

The reason that I am concerned about my FP notice is because majority of July/August filers have already done their biometrics while I and only a few people didnít get any FP notice from USCIS yet.

Who knows, the way USCIS works, one day I may receive a letter from the USCIS saying I missed my FP appointments and my application has been considered abandoned!

vicks_don
11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Take an Infopass and they can print and give FP appointment for you.

cal97
11-02-2007, 05:00 PM
logiclife,

With due respect I beg to differ with your views on this. Any document to be received from USCIS is to be received in a timely fashion as anyone would expect. It is a different story that they never follow a strict FIFO.

To respond to your "baffling": FP is one of the most important steps as far as I understand and you are not in line until and unless your FP is done. I have heard of cases who got their GC's without getting an EAD or an AP, but no one ever got it without being finger printed.

Consider this hypothetical situation. Your PD is already current and you are still not done with your FP. You are not going to get your GC even if all the other formalities (including the FBI name-check) are done.

I am one amongst those who is a NSC->CSC->NSC transfree. Have not received my FP yet.

Hope the above explanation "unbaffles" you a bit :).

This really baffles. Why are people so eager to get fingerprinted? What is the big deal here? If you got receipt notices, approved EAD and approved AP, why cant you guys take a moment and enjoy the employment and travel freedom and why do you have to invent new worries especially about fingerprinting?

Its their job to fingerprint you, and they will fingerprint you. You are not going to miss the opportunity to get fingerprinted, because without that, your 485 is not going to get approved. So have patience, you will have the pleasure of giving your fingerprints every 15 months going forward until you get 485 approved.

To answer your question, there is no basis for you to open a service request for fingerprinting. Its not a separate petition that falls within any processing times and its not a benefit. its their internal process. Secondly, service requests dont do jack. I opened a service request to get my AP expedited and my AP was filed on July 24th. Nothing happened, they closed my service request and told me that my reasons for expediting dont fall within the emergency criteria defined by almight USCIS. I wanted to go to my brother's wedding in India and use AP for that. So much for family values we always hear about. A wedding in immediate family is not something important enough for USCIS to lift its massive bureaucratic ass, dig up a file, look at it for 10 minutes and approve it. No, not good enough. Someone has to be either dead or dying and only that is "emergency".

GCNaseeb
11-02-2007, 06:07 PM
We don't want to be: "missed that damn opportunity; your PD was current yesterday";

Hope we all will have our FP done soon.

logiclife,

With due respect I beg to differ with your views on this. Any document to be received from USCIS is to be received in a timely fashion as anyone would expect. It is a different story that they never follow a strict FIFO.

To respond to your "baffling": FP is one of the most important steps as far as I understand and you are not in line until and unless your FP is done. I have heard of cases who got their GC's without getting an EAD or an AP, but no one ever got it without being finger printed.

Consider this hypothetical situation. Your PD is already current and you are still not done with your FP. You are not going to get your GC even if all the other formalities (including the FBI name-check) are done.

I am one amongst those who is a NSC->CSC->NSC transfree. Have not received my FP yet.

Hope the above explanation "unbaffles" you a bit :).

cal97
11-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't think this is true. Did you get one yourself by following this ? I did take an infopass appointment and the IO there asked me to call NSC. He did mention that it is kind of weird that they have not sent your FP notices even after 90 days. Well, it is 120 days now :mad:

Take an Infopass and they can print and give FP appointment for you.

arc
11-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Guys do this it works, I have been through this and am a nsc>csc>nsc Xfer too, good luck!

Number to call
Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number
press 1 (now listen to the case update info)
press 3 (to continue to next step)
press 4 (multiple cases filed but if the companion
cases are seperated)
(Xfering to whatever service center depending on your
Receipt Number)
(now if you hear a male voice prompting you to take
notes... be transferred to immigration officer) Tell them your FP hasn't been done as yet!

Call on Monday to talk to an IO...good luck.

dingudi
11-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Guys do this it works, I have been through this and am a nsc>csc>nsc Xfer too, good luck!

Number to call
Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number
press 1 (now listen to the case update info)
press 3 (to continue to next step)
press 4 (multiple cases filed but if the companion
cases are seperated)
(Xfering to whatever service center depending on your
Receipt Number)
(now if you hear a male voice prompting you to take
notes... be transferred to immigration officer) Tell them your FP hasn't been done as yet!

Call on Monday to talk to an IO...good luck.

Arc,

While that option maybe good for NSC/CSC but it is useless for TSC. I have called there so many times and have spoken to IOs everytime and everytime they only say you need to wait for the FP as your local ASC must be busy. That is not true as I know a friend who applied on last day of I-485 filing , August 16,2007 and he has received the FP and has an appointment next week.

I am not sure who else to call because obviously this option is of no use for TSC.

GCNaseeb
11-02-2007, 08:28 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14729&page=4

jatinr
11-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I have called more than 4 times and everytime neither the NSC personnel will not create the SR , nor the 1st level officer will create the SR.
They say since it is transferred from NSC->CSC->TSC, you will have to wait until your local ASC has slots open for FP.

glus
11-02-2007, 10:29 PM
My girfriend applied for EAD some time ago. She received a notice that USCIS would schedule the appointment for her FPs. 6 months passed. Nothing. We took an info pass. The IO said, "O....this is long approved. Only FP is missing. Do you want to do FP tomorrow?" and of course we went for FP the next day and she received EAD a week later with 5 months of validity. On the card it actually said it was valid from Jan, but she received it in July. So, FP sometimes get stacked in the system and I do understand people getting worried about it.

aviko21
11-02-2007, 11:26 PM
with duerespect to logiclife, there are other concerns here. I have both my ap and ead but wanna travel for an extended period which i can't just because i don't have a fp yet. If i ain't here and it arrives later my petition will be considered abandoned wouldn't it.

So no need to be on a high horse, some people have actual concerns about this.
Really sorry that you had to miss your brothers' wedding!

saatiish
06-26-2008, 05:39 PM
My wife and I filed for I-485 in the July 2007 rush - got EAD and AP - but did not get the FP. I obtained the FP appointment after a SR - but we are still awaiting hers - made numerous requests - they seem to understand and helpful but TSC keeps coming back with mails stating the case status which we never asked for !!

Would like to be in touch with others who are still awaiting FP for more than 9 months now. I wonder how many of you got it yet ?

mhtanim
06-26-2008, 08:07 PM
My wife and I filed for I-485 in the July 2007 rush - got EAD and AP - but did not get the FP. I obtained the FP appointment after a SR - but we are still awaiting hers - made numerous requests - they seem to understand and helpful but TSC keeps coming back with mails stating the case status which we never asked for !!

Would like to be in touch with others who are still awaiting FP for more than 9 months now. I wonder how many of you got it yet ?

I am a July filer who never got any FP notice. I think there are many others who have not received FP notices like you and me.

shantak
06-26-2008, 09:39 PM

Welcome to the world of USCIS saatiish. Dont worry there are lot of guys here who have not received FP. There is a separate thread in IV for this. Take a chill pill

saatiish
07-07-2008, 06:13 PM
In my case - I had a denial for I-140 after filing the I-485 in the July rush - the I -140 was applied for earlier. The attorney managed to save it and finally had it approved - but I was wondering if the USCIS made a mistake in not resetting some status that was turned off because my I-140 showed denied for a while.

Aah_GC
07-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Am in the same boat, and was able to eat a 'chill pill' last week when one of my GC friends said that he got his FP 2 years after 485 application receive date. It is OK to not have your FP done (there are cases where folks received their GC without getting any biometrics done).

small2006
07-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi Folks,
I am one of those guys who has EAD/AP and as per the latest (Aug 08) bulletin, my PD is current.

I just called USCIS and got my 3rd service request number since Oct 2007. So far nothing has happened.

I want to know if this is going to have a negative impact on my 485 approval in anyway? Am I not supposed to have my FP done before they can approve my 485? Isn't that a pre-requisite? I just don't want to miss one more boat due to USCIS screw ups.

Please advise/suggest...

Thanks.:mad:

xflu76
07-12-2008, 07:07 PM
am in the same boat. called twice. first time (in 02/2008) opened a SR - reply to my spouse said would schedule her asap (but nothing happened); reply to me said something useless about my case status. second time (in 05/2008) i called they said i needed to wait because my 485 RD is later than TSC's 485 processing date (they didn't know what they were talking about). nearest infopass is 3 hours away, and while some people reported good luck, others reported useless trips, so don't want to just waste a trip.

saatiish
07-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks folks - as advised am taking the chill pill.

If anyone of you get a FP - please do not forget to update this board - I will do the same without fail.

Without a FP - there cannot start a name check against criminal databases.
Today a rule exists that allow an application to go forward if name check does not complete in 6 months- but not sure if it extends to apps where name check did not start.

Now that Aug 08 is current for EB2 (mine) - and we had applied in July there could have been a possibility of getting a GC - but we may miss the bus this time (unless something like mentioned here happens - getting a gc without FP).