PDA

View Full Version : Required documents for FP of kids

nish17
11-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Hi,
I have received FP notice for my 4 year old too,and not sure what form of ID to take to the FP apptmt for the kid.
The only ID that we have is an Indian Passport issued at the time of birth (with an infant photograph). As the photo is of an infant will they accept the passport as an ID for my kid ?

P.S We did not apply for FP for the kids. but still received the notice.

Any thoughts ?
Thanks

ABHI1
11-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Just now I called my lawyer to confirm about FP .He said that under 14 years don't need FP to be done.Idon't know why you got that notice.

Best of luck

iluvcric
11-01-2007, 03:25 PM
All you need is Passport and FP notice. They took finger prints for my son who is 7 years old.

sheela
11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Just now I called my lawyer to confirm about FP .He said that under 14 years don't need FP to be done.Idon't know why you got that notice.

Best of luck

Even my attorney said so. But fact is minor do have to get finger printing. FP code is different for kids but you need to go and get biometrics FP + photo at ASC.

Yes, passport is needed for establishing identity as minors will not have dl/state id.

nish17
11-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Even my attorney said so. But fact is minor do have to get finger printing. FP code is different for kids but you need to go and get biometrics FP + photo at ASC.

Yes, passport is needed for establishing identity as minors will not have dl/state id.

Thanks for the reply.
But will we have any issue with the passport as the passport has an infant photograph and now she is 4 years old and so the photograph will not match.

smartboy75
11-01-2007, 08:24 PM
They are not going to match the photographs ....they can see the issue date on the passport and figure it out that it has been 4 years now.....

They need identification proof....they want to verify you are what you say are and no better identification proof for a kid other than the passport...

dante1271
11-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi,
I have received FP notice for my 4 year old too,and not sure what form of ID to take to the FP apptmt for the kid.
The only ID that we have is an Indian Passport issued at the time of birth (with an infant photograph). As the photo is of an infant will they accept the passport as an ID for my kid ?

P.S We did not apply for FP for the kids. but still received the notice.

Any thoughts ?
Thanks

You need passport or any government issued ID and FP notice. Please read the notice, the instruction is there. Only your kid's index finger FP will be taken and they will take picture too.. the picture that will show on your GC. so, dress properly.