PDA

View Full Version : USCIS Revises Regulation and Removes 485 Original Receipt Notice Requirement

alex99
10-31-2007, 05:38 PM
From THE OH LAW FIRM:

USCIS is scheduled to publish a revised regulation tomorrow removing the 485 Original Receipt Notice requirement for the H and L nonimmigrants traveling and returning to the U.S. pending the 485 proceedings

xueying
11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
My visa is H4 and I got my EAD last month, but my family's I-140 and I-485 on pending, if I use my EAD , unfortunately I-140 we can not pass, is that means I must leave U.S.A. in ten days?

EkAurAaya
11-12-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/HandLFinalRule110107.pdf

Generally, adjustment of status applicants must obtain Advance Parole (Form I -131, Application for
Travel Document) from USCIS prior to leaving the United States or else their applications are
deemed abandoned. H-1 and L-1 nonimmigrants (and their H-4 or L-2 dependents) are now exempt
from this requirement. Previously, they were required to present a receipt for their adjustment
application at the time of readmission to the United States following foreign travel. This final rule
eliminates the unnecessary burden of presenting this receipt since the application information in the
receipt is in USCIS databases available to immigration inspectors and adjudicators.

crystal
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
yes
My visa is H4 and I got my EAD last month, but my family's I-140 and I-485 on pending, if I use my EAD , unfortunately I-140 we can not pass, is that means I must leave U.S.A. in ten days?