PDA

View Full Version : Finger Printing appointment missed. Is it game over for me!!

sargon
10-30-2007, 12:49 PM
I had a very unfortunate incident recenty. I relocated to a new city after I-485 filing. I banked on postal department mail forwarding service to forward all letters from USCIS to my new address. I was unfortunately proven wrong.

My I-485 receipt and FP notices were sent back to USCIS by the postal department as undeliverable. Then I went ahead and changed my address on the USCIS website. So these two notices were sent again to my current address by USCIS. But in this mess up I missed my FP appointment.

On the FP notice it is clearly written:- "If you fail to appear as scheduled, your application will be considered abandoned." Is it checkmate for me? Or do I still have hope?

I tried to call USCIS, but getting blocked by answering machine. I want to speak to someone from USCIS offices. What is the quickest way to reach a representative?

sargon
10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
No answers yet?

hopefulgc
10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
see if u can request a rescheduling by following the instructions on the fp notice.
game is never over until you throw in the towel.

You are gonna be OK.

rajsand
10-30-2007, 03:37 PM
I read this
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13046

dont remm which page, but people with missed appointments have walked-in successfully and got their FPs done. If you explain your case they may allow .
You should be fine.

485Question
10-30-2007, 05:04 PM
I read this
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13046

dont remm which page, but people with missed appointments have walked-in successfully and got their FPs done. If you explain your case they may allow .
You should be fine.

Which city you are in? Just try for this, good luck.

sreeanne
10-30-2007, 08:22 PM
once you call USCIS customer care number press these extensions

finally you will land before Level 1 rep.

iyera
11-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi, I posted on a new thread about the similar situation I am in without seeing your post. I spoke to a USCIS Rep and asked him to put in a request for a new FP notice/schedule to be sent to my new address. He did so. I also asked him if it would help going along with my husband for his appointment and requesting them to FP me that time, he said I could try that. Do let me know if you have any other updates.

psk79
11-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi, I posted on a new thread about the similar situation I am in without seeing your post. I spoke to a USCIS Rep and asked him to put in a request for a new FP notice/schedule to be sent to my new address. He did so. I also asked him if it would help going along with my husband for his appointment and requesting them to FP me that time, he said I could try that. Do let me know if you have any other updates.

YES TRY THAT. GO with ur husband but tell them the original date and time of apotinemnt. they can look in the system. Also it is easier if you take ur attorneys copy with u..

paragpujara
11-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Couple of days back, I read in one of the IV forums that Wednesday is amnesty day. You can just walk in with FP notice. Somebody mentioned in the same thread that many ppl who missed their original FP date got their Finger Printing done on Wednesday . Hope this helps.

nogc_noproblem
11-01-2007, 08:48 PM
http://www.ilw.com/seminars/august2002_citation2b.pdf

Please refer the document in the above link @ page 125.

"FD-258 Fingerprint Response Purge: The INS has established a 120-day
waiting period from the date of fingerprint scheduling to allow applicants to
submit fingerprints. When an applicant fails to appear for fingerprinting or a response is not received within that 120-day period, and the applicant has
otherwise not advised the INS of a change of address or requested that he be
rescheduled, the case must be denied for abandonment. Accordingly, after
120 days, File Maintenance must check any remaining files for receipt of a
processed FD-258 or evidence of a change of address or request for
rescheduling. Perform the task "FD-258 Fingerprint Response Purge" for
purging of all files awaiting a FBI response."

Also, one of my friend who missed FP, taken the original FP notices, visited the ASC, explained how he got it missed (he never received one and got the notice from his attorney) and done FP without any issues.

Try this, nothing to worry, all the best!!!

seaken75
11-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Also talk to your lawyer, you should be fine.

leo2606
11-01-2007, 08:59 PM
One of my friend went for Finger printing 2 days late to a different center than mentioned in the Notice.They have accepted it.I did read some where in the forums you could go with out notice.If you have an attorney representing your case he might have a copy of the FP receipt notice.

rajum02
11-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Sargon,

Actually I have FP appointment on Oct 30th @ Dover DE, But i could not make it . Because I moved recently to Baltimore.
So I went to Baltimore ASC on OCT 31st. Successfully I finished my FPs.
They didnít ask single question.

Try to walk-in your ASC center tomorrow, try your luck.

sathyaraj
11-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Try walk-in on Wednesdays. It is the amnesty day for the people who have missed FP appointments.

waitin_toolong
11-02-2007, 08:30 AM
I had a very unfortunate incident recenty. I relocated to a new city after I-485 filing. I banked on postal department mail forwarding service to forward all letters from USCIS to my new address. I was unfortunately proven wrong.

My I-485 receipt and FP notices were sent back to USCIS by the postal department as undeliverable. Then I went ahead and changed my address on the USCIS website. So these two notices were sent again to my current address by USCIS. But in this mess up I missed my FP appointment.

On the FP notice it is clearly written:- "If you fail to appear as scheduled, your application will be considered abandoned." Is it checkmate for me? Or do I still have hope?

I tried to call USCIS, but getting blocked by answering machine. I want to speak to someone from USCIS offices. What is the quickest way to reach a representative?

Your mistake was in expecting the mail to be forwarded, it may be done by mistake by the post-office, but is not meant to be forwarded, it says return service requested on the envelop.

gc28262
11-02-2007, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=sargon;190189]
My I-485 receipt and FP notices were sent back to USCIS by the postal department as undeliverable. Then I went ahead and changed my address on the USCIS website.

sargon,

How did you change the address for I-485 applications etc (using AR11 ) without having the receipt No ?

I am afraid that I will be in a similar situation. I moved after applying for I-485

Thanks

sargon
11-15-2007, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=sargon;190189]
My I-485 receipt and FP notices were sent back to USCIS by the postal department as undeliverable. Then I went ahead and changed my address on the USCIS website.

sargon,

How did you change the address for I-485 applications etc (using AR11 ) without having the receipt No ?

I am afraid that I will be in a similar situation. I moved after applying for I-485

Thanks

No. I changed the address in two steps. First I changed my address using Alien registration no., which I knew from my I-140 approval copy. Then I changed the address for my I-485 application, whose receipt no. I fortunately knew from the photocopies of the checks cashed. If you happen to get the photocopies of the checks from your bank, you will notice that on its back CIS prints the receipt no of your application.

neoklaus
11-15-2007, 05:14 PM
First of all, we must keep in mind ,that UPS do not allowed to use mail forwarding service for USCIS correspondence!

We have to be extremely careful with the address changing.

bigboy007
11-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I think this is how process works:

Whenever USCIS sends to a addres if thats not deliverable ,it goes back but USPS also sends info that sender has moved. Then USCIS should resend to thatnew address independent of whetheru have filed AR11 or not.

USCIS never gets updated for atleast 2 weeks after AR11 filed. Even after i have filed AR11 it took 2 weeks for them to update.

lvinaykumar
11-28-2007, 12:14 AM
my FP appointment was scheduled at OCT 12, but i did not get notice till now and i got called up my layer for some other thing and they told me that it they received the notice at OCT 3rd.

Can i walk-in to some FP center with out a notice,
Will a Photocopy work from my attorney or do i have to ask my attorney to mail the copy to me?

Now this is getting me worried ???

wandmaker
11-28-2007, 05:55 AM
lvinaykumar: Get a copy of the FP notice from your attorney, and do a walk-in to the same application support center and explain them that you have not received a FP notice and you are doing a walk-in based on the courtesy copy from the attorney. Usually, Wednesday is a good day to walk-in.

GCBy3000
11-28-2007, 11:51 AM
If you do not put your name and your spouse name or whoever applied for any immigration process in your mail box, the USCIS WILL not deliver any documents. So do not sit idle if you have not changed your address after filing 485. Make sure you have all the names in the mail box.

I think this is how process works:

Whenever USCIS sends to a addres if thats not deliverable ,it goes back but USPS also sends info that sender has moved. Then USCIS should resend to thatnew address independent of whetheru have filed AR11 or not.

USCIS never gets updated for atleast 2 weeks after AR11 filed. Even after i have filed AR11 it took 2 weeks for them to update.

lvinaykumar
11-29-2007, 06:11 PM
I went with a photocopy to the USCIS center and they asked me to come back with copy from my attorney, Just received a copy from the attorney today so i am going to go to USCIS on next Wed and try it again..... :)

lvinaykumar: Get a copy of the FP notice from your attorney, and do a walk-in to the same application support center and explain them that you have not received a FP notice and you are doing a walk-in based on the courtesy copy from the attorney. Usually, Wednesday is a good day to walk-in.

Lisap
11-29-2007, 06:49 PM
I was told that they will usually let the first time slide but if you miss a second appointment without trying to reschedule they will then consider your application abandoned. Try not to worry to much- you should be fine!! Best of luck to you

CADude
11-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Just Walk-In to your ASC. They don't care for date. Good Luck.

lvinaykumar
12-07-2007, 04:10 AM
Just wanted to update this thread, so that it is useful for others. i went to USCIS office with FP notice copy which i got from my attorney, They asked me to wait, and after 45 mins they call me back asked me why i missed my FP appointment and they showed me how i can reschedule the appointment, After talking for some more time, she then gave me a white form to fill out and it was after that it was over in 30 mins......

Good part is i was able to get my FP done. :) . Thanks for the help guys

IV rocks

I went with a photocopy to the USCIS center and they asked me to come back with copy from my attorney, Just received a copy from the attorney today so i am going to go to USCIS on next Wed and try it again..... :)

Techjack
09-03-2013, 12:32 PM
I know this thread is old. I missed my appointment on Friday before Labor day weekend. I looked around multiple threads but no recent posts regarding it. So, I am posting my experience.
I went to Santa Clara, CA office (That is where my original appointment was) on Tuesday early morning and they added me to waiting list. Told me they will take me whenever a slot is available but it may take hour or more. I was done in 30 mins.