PDA

View Full Version : Finger printing in wrong city

grupak
10-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi,

Need some advice. I have been asked to appear for FP in Detroit, MI in 2 weeks. Problem is I live in North Carolina. I filed through my lawyer from MI, and somehow I think in data entry I got assigned to MI. My wife's FP interview is scheduled in Charlotte, NC. My and my wife's EADs were mailed to our home in NC.

Mailing back the FP notice for a reschedule is likely not going to work since it goes to the local USCIS service center in Detroit, MI.

Anybody had a similar situation? What they did?

Thanks

ponnuswamyp
10-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Goto your local ASC center for FP and explain them.. You will be fine.

I have received my FP notice from my lawyer last Thursday (10/25) (Mine went to my old address even though the customer service told me that the new address is in file :confused:) My FP is scheduled for 11/15 at NJ. Today I went to my local ASC (Van Nuys, CA) in afternoon and to my surprise there were no applicants for service.

I started explaining to the receptionist that I moved here and the appointment is scheduled at NJ but he did not even bother about the apponitment place & time. He just stamped the notice and gave me a token for FP service.

Fingerprinting, Photo and digital signature all took around 20 minutes.

Good Luck..

grupak
10-28-2007, 12:53 PM
ponnuswamyp, thanks. Please post if your LUD get updated after FP.

I have received my FP notice from my lawyer last Thursday (10/25) (Mine went to my old address even though the customer service told me that the new address is in file :confused:) My FP is scheduled for 11/15 at NJ. Today I went to my local ASC (Van Nuys, CA) in afternoon and to my surprise there were no applicants for service.

I started explaining to the receptionist that I moved here and the appointment is scheduled at NJ but he did not even bother about the apponitment place & time. He just stamped the notice and gave me a token for FP service.

Good Luck..

ponnuswamyp
10-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi grupak,

Myself & spouse got LUD today for the FP we had given on sat 10/27.

narikg
10-31-2007, 12:21 AM

Good Luck..

ponnuswamyp -
I did the same thing like you for my FP.After FP in CA , what is your online LUD shows ?

ponnuswamyp
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
ponnuswamyp -
I did the same thing like you for my FP.After FP in CA , what is your online LUD shows ?

I got 2 LUD in next 2 days.

grupak
11-09-2007, 10:52 AM
An update: I got my FP done in Charlotte, NC in the morning. Received an LUD on the same day, and another one the next day.

I went with my spouse who had an appointment there. Followed suggestion in another thread and put my spouse's appointment letter on top, went 20mins before appointment. The guard was in a good mood and briefly checked my spouse's letter, didn't bother with mine. Another couple after us got there 30mins early and were asked to come later. A group came with one member who was trying to prepone the FP. They mentioned this to the guard ( a lady sitting on a desk checking interview letters, giving out forms, directing to queues ) and the guard gave them an earful about coming only on the appointment time/date but eventually let them in "for the last time"

Thanks for your replies.