PDA

View Full Version : Rescheduling FP Appt (Pls help)

vsc
10-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi

I got my EAD late last week, and haev a FP appointment for 8th of Nov.
However i am out of the country between 2nd and 30th. I am not sure what to do. Are there negative implications of rescheduling FP appointment, what if they reschedule me before the 30th and i am still out of the country.My Pri date is dec 05.

Do i need to reschedule my trip.

Pls help.

Thanks

smartboy75
10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
hello vsc

As far as rescheduling FP, there are no negative implications....If there were USCIS would not include a rescheduling section in the FP notice itself...So don't bother worrying un-necessarily..

As far as your second question is concerned...welll its quiet likely that you may get a rescheduled appointment which is before 30th..and if that happens you may be in a soup, if you r out of the country...

Remember, if you do not show up for your scheduled/re-scheduled appointment, the FP notice clearly states that it may treat that as an Abandonment of your current I-485...

Having said that..you have the following options

1> Most simple: Reschedule your trip. ( If I were you, I would do that..but again don't know the reason for your travel..so its up to u to decide )

2> See if you can somehow show up for the FP notice earlier...just go to the local USCIS office and ask the representative there...they should be able to provide you with a YES or NO...if they say it is fine for you to do FP earlier, just show up on some day and get it done with...

3> Reschedule and hope that you don't get an appointment before 30th Nov that way u don't have to miss ur trip and everything is fine that way...but this is risky...

Please consult with your attorney too and take his/her professional opinion..

Hope that helps...

vsc
10-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi

Thank you very much for your response.
Just called the attorney and this is his response.

he said that you can reschedule the appointment upto 3 times.

i guess i am going to take this risk.If you have any pointers pls do let me know

Thanks again

Viraj

vsc
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi

Thank you very much for your response.
Just called the attorney and this is his response.

he said that you can reschedule the appointment upto 3 times.

i guess i am going to take this risk.If you have any pointers pls do let me know

Thanks again

Oct007
10-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I have read some people getting it done before their scheduled date. usually wednesdays were suggested as good days for walkins. Take your travel details and make an honest request and it might work.

If you walk-in does not work you can reschedule. Hopefully the ASC is close to your place and it will be worth a try.